Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Drivin' Miss Daisy

Garage
Jon, someone on Rennlist posted that he has seen the car and claims it has been repainted. Has your car been repainted? If so, for what reason?
Old 10-10-2009, 09:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzyne View Post
Jon, someone on Rennlist posted that he has seen the car and claims it has been repainted. Has your car been repainted? If so, for what reason?
F*** rennlist- Why? did someone go to wax his car while he wasnt looking and notice something? Many of those guys are horrible with their opinions/comments about cars. No disrespect to those that are like us and do more than wax and buy rug mats...

Jon, sorry I am late to the game- I send my condolences as well. I can understand...
2008 C6/Z51 Corvette
Old 10-12-2009, 08:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)
Cynical Misanthrope

Send a message via Yahoo to AFM744
Kris, I tend to agree with your opinion about Rennlist. "Look at my Speedlines!" or "I have the MOSTEST rare color!" Most of 'em wouldn't know control pressure from tire pressure.

The only explanation for my car's repaint was the addition of the lightweight tail + stonechips. Anyone who has EVER seen any of my cars is havin' a slash if they had a single bad thing to say about it's aesthetic condition. This car's repaint is stellar.

Last edited by AFM744; 10-13-2009 at 06:38 AM..
Old 10-13-2009, 06:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)
Drivin' Miss Daisy

Garage
Thanks for the info Jon. Just wanted to know about the repaint.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 930gt-40r View Post
F*** rennlist- Why? did someone go to wax his car while he wasnt looking and notice something? Many of those guys are horrible with their opinions/comments about cars. No disrespect to those that are like us and do more than wax and buy rug mats...

Jon, sorry I am late to the game- I send my condolences as well. I can understand...
I so much agree with you. That site is not even bookmarked anymore on my computer.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

A bunch of them are horrible...

Jon- your car looks awsome the way it is and it obviously performs the part.
Even at the worst- if your car's repaint wasn't 100% perfect- who gives a crap- a just about perfect paint job (usually less orange peel than factory) can be accomplished for about $4K. What is $4,000 on top of a bargain that the car is going for?
2008 C6/Z51 Corvette
Old 10-13-2009, 11:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

wow that rots, hope it finds a good owner
Old 10-13-2009, 11:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

I’ll comment as best as I can here:

I am an interested buyer in the car (and am supposedly in line after someone who has allegedly sent their deposit already) and Jon was very up front with me that the car had been painted before I ever went to look at it. Now that I have looked at it, I can say the following:

I ran a Carfax on the car on my own account and it is spotless. I will even e-mail it to anyone that wants to see it.

Whoever painted the car did a VERY good job. ZERO tape lines in ANY jambs or under any seal (Glass-out respray probably)! ZERO overspray! Someone spent some serious time on this paint job.

Could I tell that it has been painted? You betcha, but the sun was down and florescent lights in a garage are not very nice when it comes to revealing flaws. There was some orange peel, but that is easily fixed with some color sanding. There was some evidence of primer sanding below the base color coat in spots, but again, in the sunlight I bet they disappear.

There are some minor rock chips in the nose of the car, but there are supposed to be, he DRIVES it!

That’s my $0.02 after seeing the car, up close, last night.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)
Cynical Misanthrope

Send a message via Yahoo to AFM744
Cheers Ben! Thanks for the spot.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: