Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Mile marker 1

Where are the results for the mile marker 1 event? Come on Tito or Juan, how did you'll do? Eddie is your car ready for next weekend in Texas. Bring Juan with you. thanks AL
Old 10-12-2009, 06:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
R.I.P.

i watched Eddie rip out a 216mph pass on his first hit
Old 10-12-2009, 07:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
R.I.P.

and when i left at 4.30pm it was top MPH for the event. Not sure if the Ford GT got him after that.

Also saw a couple 930/964 turbos cruising around the pits. memebrs here? Silver 964 and Black 930
Old 10-12-2009, 08:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I saw them too......
Old 10-12-2009, 10:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Why werent they out there running?
Old 10-12-2009, 11:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
R.I.P.

from what i understood the field was filled up weeks ago. But it also seemed quite a few of those cars didn't make it out and they were allowing people to sign up and run on the spot. so they may not have been prepared to run, just spectate......

I heard the Ford GT ended up going 220mph
Old 10-12-2009, 11:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

How long of a shutdown area did they have, and did the ford have a chute to stop with?
Old 10-12-2009, 01:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
R.I.P.

I only saw one car pull the chute (Supra, and i think he was just showing off). They had 1.5 miles to slow down, nobody seemed to have any problems slowing down. Eddie managed to stop from 216mph without issue.... Oh, i also heard Eddie hit the rev limiter halfway between the 3/4 and 1 mile mark, so his speed was hindered by that.
Old 10-12-2009, 01:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Dixie Boost Hooligan

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmatera View Post
Also saw a couple 930/964 turbos cruising around the pits. memebrs here? Silver 964 and Black 930
Yep I'm here... and was there in the Silver 3.6 with my buddy in the 88 black 930 only to spectate. ...Damn it was HOT! I hope the organizers will consider rescheduling this as an annual event in February!
Mr Bello and his super boosted 964 was certainly impressive! To make THAT kind of POWER in THAT HEAT is astounding!

DRMatera...remember the Minerva Blue 930 at Kevins shop...? That's me too.
87 911 Carrera Coupe / 87 911 Turbo
94 911 Turbo 3.6 /17 911 Turbo / 18 GT3
Old 10-12-2009, 01:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
According to the data log on board Bellos car the reading was 232 MPH, the event instrumentation that they were using was very inaccurate.
Old 10-12-2009, 03:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

@ the Texas Mile there is 1/2 mile shut down area and Eddie is one of the few that can drive his car to the event and be able to stop @ over 225 mph without a chute. That is one thing that impresses me about his car as he also runs street tires. The weather this weekend in south texas will be in the high 60s -low 70s. that will be a big plus for the air cooled engine.
Old 10-12-2009, 03:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
R.I.P.

turbo3six - yes, i remember you... great looking car. Wish i could have caught up with you guys there but we didn't venture far from our Easy up tent and cooler I hear another similar event is planned for November and the people that put this one on are planning a January event.... I would love to run my car there

Juan- Were you having trouble? I thought I saw your car make a pass but it sounded like it was breaking up a bit.. Hope you didn't hurt it.

did anyone catch the Blue 997 turbo Cab? It was pretty much making hot laps with ZERO cool down (he sat in the pits, next to us, with it idling in between rounds). I believe it trapped 180mph with a passenger, oh and it's an automatic trans car too.

once they get the timing equipment ironed out and the cool weather gets here it will be a great event. 95* in the shade ws brutal.... and there was no shade!
Old 10-12-2009, 03:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Garage
Last time Bello drove from New York to Texas, lay down the 220+pass after the event he went to the drag strip made two 10 sec passes and drove back to New York. I have never seen a car so reliable.

For me, it was just another disappointment ,as the car was running great but thanks to a faulty spark plug we were done
Old 10-12-2009, 05:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Quote:
I only saw one car pull the chute (Supra, and i think he was just showing off). They had 1.5 miles to slow down, nobody seemed to have any problems slowing down. Eddie managed to stop from 216mph without issue.... Oh, i also heard Eddie hit the rev limiter halfway between the 3/4 and 1 mile mark, so his speed was hindered by that.
lol, how was me pulling the chute "showing off" you think i spent money on the chute and installing it, just so i can "show off"?

sorry, that i didnt want to cook my brake fluid, or kill my pads. its called common sense, its the same reason why i was only one of the few with a race suit/gloves/neckbrace...etc..

and i agree about the equipment they had as being inaccurate. i have two separate speed sensors, and both read with 1mph.. no way its off by that much.
also the guy clocking said "this thing is off +/- 15 mph right now.

Last edited by 2jzmk3; 10-13-2009 at 07:01 AM..
Old 10-13-2009, 06:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Quote:
from what i understood the field was filled up weeks ago. But it also seemed quite a few of those cars didn't make it out and they were allowing people to sign up and run on the spot. so they may not have been prepared to run, just spectate......

I heard the Ford GT ended up going 220mph

Man thats sux if they let people sign to drive on the spot? My buddy and I asked if we could sign up and they said its full and we were one of the first people at the gate before the big rush in when security opened up the gates. That was just crazy. I normally wouldn't have followed in, but the cars behind me was up on me basically forcing me to drive right in.

I heard another venue is throwing a similar event, but I'm worried about sending in a check.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan ruiz View Post
According to the data log on board Bellos car the reading was 232 MPH, the event instrumentation that they were using was very inaccurate.
232? Does anyone know what timing devices they were using? I read on some other boards that Eddie hit 220 according to his readings.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:28 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
R.I.P.

[QUOTE=2jzmk3;4949883]lol, how was me pulling the chute "showing off" you think i spent money on the chute and installing it, just so i can "show off"?

sorry, that i didnt want to cook my brake fluid, or kill my pads. its called common sense, its the same reason why i was only one of the few with a race suit/gloves/neckbrace...etc..

[QUOTE]

Hey, don't take it as a slam. It wasn't... I was just mentioning it with humor
Old 10-13-2009, 02:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)
R.I.P.

i believe they only started letting people sign up there when they realized they wouldn't have a full field of cars.... tell you the truth i got bored of seeing vette - vette - vette - vette - ooo' porsche - vette - vette - vette
Old 10-13-2009, 02:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Garage
Found a few photos of the 911's representing, Pelican Decal under the Flag

Bello Power

Last edited by juan ruiz; 10-15-2009 at 02:49 PM..
Old 10-15-2009, 02:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)

Nice pics Juan. To bad Eddie is not going to make it over to Texas this weekend. He would have fun as the temps are suppost to be in the high 60s or low 70s, which would be great for his car. Good luck in nov. in Florida.
Old 10-15-2009, 05:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: