Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
1st Exotic Top Gun Run, STANDING MILE Event-MIAMI

Maybe we can get together at this event ????????

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copy paste in case some of you are interested

On Saturday, November 14, join other Exotic Car Enthusiasts for the 1st Exotic Top Gun Run, STANDING MILE Event, that will be held at the Dade Collier Air Strip located about 25 miles west of Miami.

This event is like NO OTHER. You will have 1 Mile to accelerate as fast as you can, and to achieve the fastest MPH in this distance. There are only a few other places in the US you can do this safely, and without fear of earning any speeding tickets. This is in our backyard, so be sure to come out and have a great time.

There will be 3 beautiful trophies awarded to the top 3 places.

Regular price is $225 per driver, $275 day of event. For all paid VCA Members, it is $200. To register, please print out the Tech form, fill out and include a check payable to Top Gun Run. Send the check to Viper Club, P.O. Box 415179, Miami Beach, FL 33141-5179. They must get your check by Friday November 6 in order to get that price. Don't delay; space is extremely limited! Once it sells out, it's done.

FYI, I am working on getting a Buggati Veyron out to play that day, but rest assured, there will be many exotics out that day. Come and represent the Viper and show them that we've got what it takes to go the full mile and to put down some serious MPH and take home that trophie.

This is where Big Dogs Play. Yes, the 1/8 Mile is fun; 1/4 Mile is exciting. The Standing Mile? Well let's just say that there aren't many who will have what it takes to go the distance.

Also... On Saturday, November 7, there is an Open Class Top Gun Run where anything modern runs, including motorcycles. If you're interested in coming out, please don't hesitate to do so. The record so far in the Standing Mile is 261 by a Toyota Turbo Supra, and 265 by a Suzuki Hayabusa Turbo.

Visit topgunrun.com for further details.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

what are the regulations concerning the cars them selves.. i've heard of having to having alot of things on the car to be eligible to run like a bolted on windshield? what about roll cage? etc.. i know that will affect who can, and can't participate!
Old 10-13-2009, 09:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelturbo View Post
what are the regulations concerning the cars them selves.. i've heard of having to having alot of things on the car to be eligible to run like a bolted on windshield? what about roll cage? etc.. i know that will affect who can, and can't participate!
This link details the rules for the driver but doesn't mention much about the cars. I would assume that if they are allowing passengers they wouldn't be too stringent on equipment. I can't imagine many of those exotics will be heavily modified.

Participant Rules

Found a link to the tech inspection document. Looks like pretty standard stuff, it has an embedded PDF so it might take a sec to load.
http://topgunrun.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=109&Itemid=119

Last edited by willtel; 10-13-2009 at 10:27 AM..
Old 10-13-2009, 10:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

I dunno about these guys. Sending in a check to someone I never heard of or seen have an event is weird. Plus I was at the mile marker 1 event and those guys had their hands full. Who's to say these guys won't be the same? Maybe I will ride out there to their first event to see how they run it before I send money and only get 2 runs. At least the weather will be better in Nov so watching this time around should be cool.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
I think everyone took notes because this can turn into a big time event in South Florida .

Last edited by juan ruiz; 11-19-2009 at 08:00 PM..
Old 10-13-2009, 02:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
R.I.P.

i can't see how they could mandate much "car" safety stuff as i really doubt any Lambo owners are going to put a 6 point cage in.

$225 is bit much but i would be interested in giving it a run
Old 10-13-2009, 03:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Insurance for this type of venue has to be NUTS. There are a lot of ways to die at 150mph and beyond.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan ruiz View Post
Well let's just say that there aren't many who will have what it takes to go the distance.
Dont say that in any proximity to Eddie... as long as there aren't any parachuted Supras (race cars) he will drive down and raise some hell.
2008 C6/Z51 Corvette
Old 10-13-2009, 09:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
daily driven 911

Quote:
Originally Posted by juan ruiz View Post

This event is like NO OTHER. You will have 1 Mile to accelerate as fast as you can, and to achieve the fastest MPH in this distance. There are only a few other places in the US you can do this safely, and without fear of earning any speeding tickets. This is in our backyard, so be sure to come out and have a great time.

Texas mile
Old 10-14-2009, 07:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
Everyone knows about the Texsa Mile, this is South Florida Baby
Old 10-14-2009, 08:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
R.I.P.

Juan, what did you decide to do about your spark issue? I just found out I can make EDIS6 fire multiple sparks under 3000rpm just like an MSD.... what are you running for ignition?
Old 10-14-2009, 08:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
Im going to try this

Spark Plug Gurus Step to the Plate

just using my 6 individual coils
Old 10-14-2009, 10:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Garage
Up date,

spark plugs are garbage manufacturer states on the box"gap according to engine manufacturer" theres not f***king way to gap them, tech support from the product confirm that they are "Pre Gap" completely mis leading product, as usual if it sounds too good to be true chances are they are not good.

Got new drag radials and front tires, the event is tomorrow so I hope to make clean runs without embarrassing my self again.

anyone coming????
Old 11-13-2009, 05:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

Ouch! Looks like no way to gap them.

Have fun!!!
Old 11-13-2009, 07:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Garage
tested the drag radials on the street, Holly Batman! this things are un real. not feeling the front ones yet as the car seems to dance a little bit on top, will see at the track
Old 11-13-2009, 08:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
R.I.P.

how did it go?
Old 11-14-2009, 03:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Garage
From my side I ran

149mph
166mph
174mph
178.5mph

All of them with a cracked exhaust manifold, a lot of very nice people in attendance,weather was fantastic

Bello ran 183 mph had some issues
Old 11-14-2009, 04:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

had to work or i would have went also. are they planning on another one anytime soon?
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 11-14-2009, 06:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

Holy cow! That's cooking....
Old 11-14-2009, 06:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
R.I.P.

glad you ran well. nice to have a day of racing with no carnage.
Old 11-14-2009, 08:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: