Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Spark Plug Gurus Step to the Plate

I just found this "New' to me spark plug and apparently the performance is noticeable, anyone has any experiences with them ?

Spark Plugs | Automotive Spark Plug | Motorcycle Spark Plugs | E3 Spark Plugs
Old 10-13-2009, 02:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Slantnose from HELL

Hey Juan,
These are big with the Mustang crowds. They seem fine but I would stick with Bosch or NGK's and if you really wanted to step up the quality run Bosch Silvers. What happened and what heat range are you running?
Twin Garrett's, Big Valve, Xtreme Cylinder Heads, JB Racing cylinders and machine work, custom JE pistons, GT2 EVO cams, GT3 oil pump, modified 3.2L intake, 80mm TB, custom Intercooler, equal length headers, DFI, KEP Stage 2 custom twin disc, G50 custom gear set, LSD, Tilton trans pump, Fluidyne cooler
Old 10-13-2009, 04:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Hi G man,

I was running the W3DPO and from there many others NGK # 8 and #9 it seems that I have done a complete circle and often are plagued with foul plugs, Im starting to think that my car doesn't like to idle for more than 3-4 minutes, this company has a equivalent with the E3.31 and you know me I'm always trying to re design the freaking wheel so I'm going to try them to see how she runs,.

I did a lot of research and many of the big horsepower domestic guys even with high turbo boost are very happy with them.

there are not cheap either, I be willing to try something else if you think I can move away from this dilemma freaking spark plug problems C Mon after all of this years LOL
Old 10-13-2009, 05:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

How many ways can they re-invent the spark plug? Reminds me of that plug years ago that had two electrodes I think it was. ....Oh yeah, SplitFire was the name.
Old 10-13-2009, 05:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Slantnose from HELL

Are you still running the 6cyl coil pack? If you still are I'd upgrade to a Amplified ignition. I have had 9's in my car and never have fouled a plug. But I run 2 300+ ignition modules, one for the top plugs and the other for the lower plugs. I think you would have to run a MSD DIS to be able to fire the ignition using the coil pack. If I remember right talk to Tito, he is probably still using an old school Haltech E6 and 2 MSD DIS boxes and 2 MSD 6A's. He would set you straight. Or ask Marco too I think he has experience setting them up using the DTA. Not sure if Wayne has messed with it. Atleast this way you would literally double your spark output and keep you clean. This way it wouldn't matter what plug you use as long as you have the right heat range. I have Bosch F3CS's now they are holding up well and I've been running them gapped at .025.
Twin Garrett's, Big Valve, Xtreme Cylinder Heads, JB Racing cylinders and machine work, custom JE pistons, GT2 EVO cams, GT3 oil pump, modified 3.2L intake, 80mm TB, custom Intercooler, equal length headers, DFI, KEP Stage 2 custom twin disc, G50 custom gear set, LSD, Tilton trans pump, Fluidyne cooler
Old 10-13-2009, 07:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Mustang guys dont like those plugs. I can remember when nology was screaming about silverstone plugs. They made no more power than other plugs on the dyno. To put things in reality most mustang guys run $1 autolite copper plugs. My plugs were NGK they looked perfect when I pulled them last time. I am running twin digital 6 igntions and twin HVAC coils. Now as for the engine lol Engine builder I used was a complete joke

Last edited by strokher racing; 10-13-2009 at 07:20 PM..
Old 10-13-2009, 07:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
Thank you G man, Titos was talking down the same lines with the amplifier, I will look further into this
Old 10-13-2009, 07:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: