Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

LOL Don just pointing out the negatives. The weight is minimal. The price compared to something like this intercooler is not far off. The hp increase is huge compared to air to air. On an air cooled engine intake temps are a huge factor. I know on some of the higher hp air to air intercooler guys that have swapped over to air to water increases in the 200+rwhp range have occured. I am pretty sure I will throw down 800rwhp at 1 bar this go around with tap water not even ice Last time with major issues it was 700rwhp at 15 pounds. The cool factor of the air to water is priceless in an air cooled engine
Old 10-26-2009, 07:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamut View Post
Same cores Proto uses.
Are you saying Proto uses the Bell Cores?
Old 10-26-2009, 07:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #62 (permalink)

Garage
Send a message via AIM to gtu935
MY personal turbo car has a Mode intercooler that was produced at least some 15 years ago. In my opinion Bob's work over at Mode is, bar none the best I've seen.

I like the intercooler re-fit from Boeingone. Nice job. It looks like hours of polishing as well as fitment.

FIKSE Dealer
BBS Dealer
Old 10-27-2009, 06:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #63 (permalink)

Mode

My '89 Slant Nose has a Mode Intercooler also, exactly as pictured in the first post. Then entire mechanicals on the car were done at Mode (in 90-91) when they were Motorsport Design and has only travelled 15,000 miles since. I'll post some engine pictures when I get home. The thing puts out over 600 HP and is an AMAZINGLY fast car....
2018 GT3.2 Miami Blue, 6 spd...

Last edited by 69Sman; 10-27-2009 at 05:11 PM..
Old 10-27-2009, 07:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #64 (permalink)

Intercooler Pics and info

Here's a pic of the intercooler Mode used on my car in '90:

Some info on the car:

ZYTEK ENG. MGNT. SYS., FUEL INJECTOR UPGRADES,INTAKE MANIFOLD UPGRADE, INTERCOOLER UPGRADE, IHI RACING TURBOCHARGER, STAINLESS STEEL EXHAUST HEADERS, CAMSHAFTUPGRADES, TWIN IGNITION CONVERSION, ADJUSTABLE BOOST WITH GAUGE,CYLINDER HEAD SEAL RINGS, BALANCED AND BLUEPRINTED LOWER END PORTEDAND POLISHED CYLINDER HEADS W/CUSTOM VALVE JOB, DYNO TESTING 618 HP @6250 RPM 587 FT/LB TORQUE 5000 RPM. DUAL STAILESS STEEL MUFFLERS, ADDITIONAL A/C CONDENSER and FAN, UPGRADE IGNITION WIRES, CUSTOM INTERCOOLER. CUSTOM DISIGNED 6 BUTTERFLY INTAKE, TWIN INJECTORS,
REAR COIL OVER SUSPENSION,
BILSTEIN RACE SHOCKS, RADIUS ARM KIT CORNER BALANCE AND ALIGNED.

And an email from Mitch Holcombe:

Hello Mr. Schulman,

Yes, we remember that car. The build that this car has on it went on to be
replicated for the next decade or so. You will find other cars around the
country and around the globe that have similar parts to this one. One of
the unique features of your car was it had one of our first prototype six
butterfly intakes. We use the same basic design today. It has an IHI turbo
that was used by Roush Racing on the Merkur XR4TI. We dont have any
documents on the car, as it was 19 years ago.

I cant help any further because I was only a few months old at the time.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #65 (permalink)
Infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Sman View Post
Here's a pic of the intercooler Mode used on my car in '90:

Some info on the car:

ZYTEK ENG. MGNT. SYS., FUEL INJECTOR UPGRADES,INTAKE MANIFOLD UPGRADE, INTERCOOLER UPGRADE, IHI RACING TURBOCHARGER, STAINLESS STEEL EXHAUST HEADERS, CAMSHAFTUPGRADES, TWIN IGNITION CONVERSION, ADJUSTABLE BOOST WITH GAUGE,CYLINDER HEAD SEAL RINGS, BALANCED AND BLUEPRINTED LOWER END PORTEDAND POLISHED CYLINDER HEADS W/CUSTOM VALVE JOB, DYNO TESTING 618 HP @6250 RPM 587 FT/LB TORQUE 5000 RPM. DUAL STAILESS STEEL MUFFLERS, ADDITIONAL A/C CONDENSER and FAN, UPGRADE IGNITION WIRES, CUSTOM INTERCOOLER. CUSTOM DISIGNED 6 BUTTERFLY INTAKE, TWIN INJECTORS,
REAR COIL OVER SUSPENSION,
BILSTEIN RACE SHOCKS, RADIUS ARM KIT CORNER BALANCE AND ALIGNED.

And an email from Mitch Holcombe:

Hello Mr. Schulman,

Yes, we remember that car. The build that this car has on it went on to be
replicated for the next decade or so. You will find other cars around the
country and around the globe that have similar parts to this one. One of
the unique features of your car was it had one of our first prototype six
butterfly intakes. We use the same basic design today. It has an IHI turbo
that was used by Roush Racing on the Merkur XR4TI. We dont have any
documents on the car, as it was 19 years ago.

I cant help any further because I was only a few months old at the time.

That's an impressive build, individual throttle bodies is a nice touch too! Glad you're still enjoying it, be difficult to get bored with that power
87 930, 993 turbo engine, RS Tuning 520PS/515lbf-ft, Arrow Rods, ARP hardware, Solid lifters, G50-50, RS Flywheel, 890nm Sachs clutch, RSR coil overs all round, 993 C4 calipers front, 930 fronts on the rear, Ruf Speedlines.....
Old 540 BMW, XB12S Modified, for being a total hooligan
Old 10-28-2009, 05:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #66 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBL930 View Post
That's an impressive build, individual throttle bodies is a nice touch too! Glad you're still enjoying it, be difficult to get bored with that power
Thanks, it's an amazing fast car. And yes, still enjoying it - actually, I've only had it for about 4 months, so still getting used to all that BOOST POWER!
Old 10-28-2009, 06:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #67 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: