Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
BOGUS GT35 Turbocharger

Take a close look at this "GT35 Turbocharger".

Hopefully everyone on this forum knows Honeywell/Garrett would never install an aluminum name tag with two rivets on the compressor discharge hose collar location. Hard to get an airtight seal with all this stuff.

Wow, if the guys making these bogus GT35 turbos don't know or care about one if these most basic design features what is going on inside the unit?

Buyer beware, this one is offered on SAMBA for $325.00.
Old 10-15-2009, 07:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

I think if you pay $325 for a new turbo, your going to get what you pay for.

A POS...
Old 10-15-2009, 08:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Maybe it's "glued edition".
Old 10-15-2009, 10:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
Holly Batman!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-16-2009, 04:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Slantnose from HELL

I bought a GT35 off ebay a while back for a diesel project. Looking through all the cheap turbos it was a experiment for me. I did find that the ones with "M-24" cast onto the compressor housing was the best quality for what you got. Would I run one on my Porsche..... maybe! The castings are not bad but they don't have the flow capability that the HP Garretts and Turbonetics use. The hot sections actually are nice castings, but the Compressor housings are marginal. If you are experimenting and know what you are getting it is great to test and then if you are happy with the performance and feel it is a good unit run it oterwise purchase a real one.
Twin Garrett's, Big Valve, Xtreme Cylinder Heads, JB Racing cylinders and machine work, custom JE pistons, GT2 EVO cams, GT3 oil pump, modified 3.2L intake, 80mm TB, custom Intercooler, equal length headers, DFI, KEP Stage 2 custom twin disc, G50 custom gear set, LSD, Tilton trans pump, Fluidyne cooler
Old 10-16-2009, 06:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Champagne on Beer Budget

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by A930Rocket View Post
I think if you pay $325 for a new turbo, your going to get what you pay for.

A POS...
+1

It almost appears as the discharge neck on that housing is backwards from a typical Porsche K27 where the pipe with the orange o-ring slides into the turbo housing versus sliding over the housing neck?

www.einarsgarage.com
Instagram @einars_garage
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Einars-Garage/375533809160797
Old 10-16-2009, 06:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

With a name like pro street what do you expect what the ------ is pro street?
Old 10-17-2009, 10:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

I made 615 whp on one of those xs power turbos in a 89 supra i had, the older turbos they made were glued on compressor housings. Now theyre being made stronger and they are actually balancing them now. I know alot of supra guys are making big power with them. but reliability is what your paying for with any other turbo.

Last edited by starletmunchkin; 10-17-2009 at 01:59 PM..
Old 10-17-2009, 01:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: