Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Clutch Pedal Help

while driving my 87 930 4 sp, i heard what sounded like a pop in the clutch pedal (foot box) area. the pressure required to depress the the pedal all of a sudden increased. it was as if a spring or something broke.

is there a spring down by the pedal? functionally, the car still works fine and shifts w/o issue. the only change is the pedal is substantially harder to press.

thank you for any help.

pcb

Last edited by Ferraripete; 10-19-2009 at 12:14 PM..
Old 10-19-2009, 11:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Yes there is a helper spring down there and they eventually break.
I've heard the one for 930 is no longer available from porsche.
You may be able to weld your broken one back together and or maybe the one for an SC will work.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Same thing happened to me six months ago. I hven't bothered to get it fixed and actually prefer to feel of the clutch now without the spring, especially on track days.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
thank you gentleman. i guess there then lies the question of where to find a replacement or just get used to the heavier feel.

is this a tough to access part or is it easy to reach?
i suspect it requires the removal of the wood panel and then...?
Old 10-19-2009, 12:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to full quack
Yeah mine did the same thing 2 years ago. There is a replacement 1 piece spring that works just fine. I can not find my invoice with the part number, sorry. The replacement spring is painted medium blue and ran me something like $25. It was a stock Porsche part number.
Mark
Old 10-19-2009, 12:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
"Cheap is expensive"

I dealt with this same issue way back. Remove the floor board to access the pedal area. Remove the broken spring and measure the length. Now that spring is very stiff. Go to your local hardware store and find a combo equivalent spring/adjustable eye hook. It will do the trick and will be easier to install.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
thank you for the help. once again, this site make the cost of ownership on these cars less to bare! probably an hour or more if the dealer were to do the repair @ $90/hr.

on a good note, the spring sound when pressing and releasing the clutch is gone from the foot box!
Old 10-19-2009, 01:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: