Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

85 930 questions

Can anyone tell me what body kit this is and what spoiler etc any info would be appreciated thx

Old 10-22-2009, 08:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Nobody?
Old 10-23-2009, 09:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
No idea who manufactured those pieces. The tail looks like a GT2 with C/F wing. Body looks like a 935 street version copy of DP or like. Front bumper ??
Not much help.
Old 10-23-2009, 10:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

heres some more pics I'm looking at purchasing this car just wanna know what I'm getting myself into.

Last edited by prochargedboss; 10-23-2009 at 12:07 PM..
Old 10-23-2009, 11:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RarlyL8 View Post
No idea who manufactured those pieces. The tail looks like a GT2 with C/F wing. Body looks like a 935 street version copy of DP or like. Front bumper ??
Not much help.
Yeah the tail is likely a Getty gt2 tail, also resold at a number of places.

The body kit is probably from better bodies, I am guessing simply because I don't recognize it as Getty or GT Racing or such. Better Bodies tends to have the more wild 'DP' variations on the widebody theme. Never seen the front bumper and assuming that also maybe came from better bodies.

Some observations from looking at the engine bay...it was not the best repaint in the world, so that does hurt the car's value to resellers. Just trying to be picky on your behalf. The Kokeln intercooler is a good aftermarket addition however.

If you give us more details about the car we can try to tell you more. I would not buy into a non-stock 930 like that without a engine compression test and a very careful inspection for possible accident damage, whether the owner admits to an accident or not, that can often be the reason for extensive bodywork and repaint. Of course, he may just have wanted the look...

The wheels are great and the stance of the car looks properly set up.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

It has a kokeln turbo installed as well don't know if any engine mods were done or not.I was planning on getting seller to take car in for inspection on my behalf before purchase.Car has 50,000mi on it
Old 10-23-2009, 05:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prochargedboss View Post
It has a kokeln turbo installed as well don't know if any engine mods were done or not.I was planning on getting seller to take car in for inspection on my behalf before purchase.Car has 50,000mi on it
Yeah the main concern would be health of engine and tranny and if the car shows accident damage around front or rear bumper mounts (or anywhere else for that matter).

You would be buying a non-stock, repaint Porsche which is always great fun, but only the stock 930s can be expected to command full resale value. So there is always a little bit of a trade off, and the seller's price should reflect the fact that this is not a stock factory 930. The market for this car right now is limited and you definitely should hold the better end of the bargaining chip for yourself. In other words, proceed with caution and check it out carefully.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

He's asking 35 obo for it plus I live in canada so I have to take shipping into consideration.What should compression reading be when checked on a stock healthy 930?
Old 10-23-2009, 06:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Turbo width front fenders, RSR width rear fenders, with might be custom boxed rockers.

Not a big fan. Price sees high unless a really high quality job with lots of mechanical goodies but opinions are cheap. I would not buy it without seeing it in person. Non sport seats seem out of place. Could be a decent build, could be a pice of...
Old 10-23-2009, 06:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Thats why I thought I'd ask for your guys opinions I think I'll pay the extra for inspection as the last 930 I bought I split the cylinders in it within 3 weeks
Old 10-23-2009, 06:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Looks like DP935 rear flares and boxed rockers, front clip is difficult to say. Where is this car located? Seems like I've seen it somewhere before in the Midwest.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 10-24-2009, 08:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WERK-I View Post
Looks like DP935 rear flares and boxed rockers, front clip is difficult to say. Where is this car located? Seems like I've seen it somewhere before in the Midwest.

new york
Old 10-24-2009, 08:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Slope nose 930 front, RSR rear flairs, custom boxed sides, Gt-2 style tail, and front bumper variation copy of a Gumballa.

Old 10-24-2009, 08:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Another pic.
Old 10-24-2009, 08:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911st View Post
Slope nose 930 front, RSR rear flairs, custom boxed sides, Gt-2 style tail, and front bumper variation copy of a Gumballa.

He told me fenders etc are steel and not fiberglass.What would ballpark price be on mods like this including kokeln turbo and intercooler
Old 10-24-2009, 08:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

where are you finding these pics?
Old 10-24-2009, 08:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

I cringe when I see that car....I think you might be better off looking for one that looks genuinely well maintained.

I really do not like the look of the super wide fenders and that front bumper \ spoiler look like a swollen lip on a boxer.

Someone has spent some money on it over the years..as it has custom Fikse wheels and a Kokeln intercooler. I can't stand that yellow either....what is hiding under it...

For $35K you are right in the market for some sweet machines...importing a US car into Canada is easy. My best friend has done it a few times (no issues) and he lives in Toronto (I live in Houston).

BTW...$35K get you ( a small sample anyway):
1) $31K or best offer 400whp:

2) $28K intriguing if you want something "different"..and its a genuine turbo car:

3) Over 400whp heavily modified in NY as well..$25K

Yasin
Old 10-24-2009, 09:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

where are those cars listed I really want a high hp monster.I know importing is no problem as I bought my race car from new mexico and brought it into canada.
Old 10-24-2009, 09:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

right click those last 3 images and click properties at the bottom of the drop down menu.
that will tell you the web address of the server those pics are linked from.
copy and paste it into your browser, then go from there...
Old 10-24-2009, 09:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Blackbird Pilot

GT2 Evo doors with a chop top and deep rake on the windshield, RSR rear quarters with the Gemballa treatment with decent styled intakes in lieu of the god awful strakes.

Strosek or Gemballa front fenders with the stationary headlights - hard to find items that will cost you an arm and a leg and won't really be all that worth it.

A kit like that for purchse doesn't really exist in kit form - at least not from my research. If you want something like that you'll have to take it to a high end body shop that knows Porsches well and show them a pic and tell them to create it.

Personally I think its a bit on the ugly side except with the chop top, I kinda like that part.
Old 10-24-2009, 09:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: