Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

SSC Ultimate Aero

I know that people like us, passionate about fine sports cars such as the 930, can share the enthusiam that this American built car is bringing to the market. I think it's still listed as the fastest car on earth, and completed just a couple years ago by a company based in south-central Washington State (about a hundred miles from where I live).

The video isn't the best, but still that car is quite a sight. Twin turbo V8 and over 1100 hp turning 257 mph is one mean road legal car. The road they tested on is alongside the Hanford Nuclear Reservation. I always drive fast through there to minimize my exposure to background radiation (that's my built-in excuse in case I'm stopped).

YouTube - SSC Ultimate Aero - A BusinessWeek Exclusive
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.

Last edited by mark houghton; 11-04-2009 at 06:34 PM..
Old 11-04-2009, 06:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Infidel

Would be great to see a proper test on the car, i wonder how reliable it will be? It's clearly very quick!
87 930, 993 turbo engine, RS Tuning 520PS/515lbf-ft, Arrow Rods, ARP hardware, Solid lifters, G50-50, RS Flywheel, 890nm Sachs clutch, RSR coil overs all round, 993 C4 calipers front, 930 fronts on the rear, Ruf Speedlines.....
Old 540 BMW, XB12S Modified, for being a total hooligan
Old 11-05-2009, 01:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to sprbxr
Crappy name for a car.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

It looks like a kit car version of a Diablo, a bad one.
'18 C63S Coupe
Old 11-05-2009, 04:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to full quack
Hey guys,
I watched an entire 1/2 hour TV segment on this car, covering both design & build. I have also seen one in person (All red with no black on the hood). This thing is nice, the engineering is top notch, the fit & finish both inside & out, is very well done. The car was at a local speed shop, but there was nobody there to talk to about it, so I have no other info regarding it.
However, this is NO kit car, this is one serious car. I would buy one in a heartbeat if money was no concern.
I wonder if I could get it painted with radar absorbing paint?
Mark

Last edited by full quack; 11-05-2009 at 07:39 AM..
Old 11-05-2009, 07:36 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by full quack View Post
Hey guys,
I watched an entire 1/2 hour TV segment on this car, covering both design & build. I have also seen one in person (All red with no black on the hood). This thing is nice, the engineering is top notch, the fit & finish both inside & out, is very well done. The car was at a local speed shop, but there was nobody there to talk to about it, so I have no other info regarding it.
However, this is NO kit car, this is one serious car. I would buy one in a heartbeat if money was no concern.
I wonder if I could get it painted with radar absorbing paint?
Mark
No need to worry about no stinkin' radar...this things goes faster than radio waves. They'ld never be able to catch you.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to full quack
Ok,Ok,Ok....maybe a cloaking devise then......I mean there is no way I could maintain any semblance of responsibility with this thing, I'm already a pain in the a** with my slow 930.
What the he** would I be like with 1100HP & 250+ top speed.

How long do you stay in jail for going 250+ on the street anyway???

Mark
Old 11-05-2009, 07:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: