Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Another Garage Queen.....

OK, which one of you owns this 1987 Queen? Pristine, less than 8000 miles, for a bargain $85,000. And to think my '87 sold new for $56,000. I imagine that there is a small....very very small....market of buyers for queens such as this, but not lurking on these forums.
I would be afraid to start or drive the thing. Probably leak like a sieve in short order, rubber hoses turn to dust, bearings seize up, stuff like that...assuming the fuel even makes it past the injectors. Wasn't much reference to how often she was exercised.
Keep it up, boost the value of our cars to the stratosphere.
Porsche : 930:eBay Motors (item 250526403841 end time Nov-13-09 11:55:56 PST)
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Very nice. My queen is less pristine, 23,000 miles. I do have a friend who's '89 queen is practically a virgin with only 1,400 miles.
Old 11-06-2009, 03:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilonly View Post
Very nice. My queen is less pristine, 23,000 miles. I do have a friend who's '89 queen is practically a virgin with only 1,400 miles.
That's cool, we're all uniquely driven as to why we buy these cars. I was all of 34 years old when my car hit the sales lot back in '87, and had to wait another 16 years before I felt I could part with discretionary money just because I wanted to.

I would love the chance to compare mine against a queen; yours, or your friend's at only 1400 miles! Mine is in excellent condition with many times more miles on it, but over the years we tend to ignore the minor flaws. I would bet the queens are a real eye opener.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

What`s up oilonly?My 50,xxx mile gave you a run at the last show we were together at. I say drive it , take care of it and it will put a smile on your face for years to come....
Old 11-06-2009, 05:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

I always thought a garage queen was a closet cross dresser.

I think this " It only has XXX miles on it " Must be another one of those
my dick is bigger than your's thing.

Just take that bad boy out and "DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT"

Cole
Mods: TurboKraft Custom IC, 934 Headers, GSX 61, Zork, Port Work, SC Cams, Air Mod Fuel Dist Relocated, Water Meth Injection, BL WUR, MSD 6530, Greddy EBC, Synapse Bov, Short 2nd & 3rd with 8:37 R&P, Wevo Shifter, Coupling, and Mounts, MTX-L SSI-4, Big Brakes, Rebel Coilovers, Bilstein Sports.

Last edited by cole930; 11-06-2009 at 05:31 PM..
Old 11-06-2009, 05:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cole930 View Post
I always thought a garage queen was a closet cross dresser.

I think this " It only has XXX miles on it " is another one of those my dick is
bigger than your's thing.

Just take that bad boy out and "DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT"

Cole

Amen, bro'!

Something I've always pondered and feel now compelled to ask: Is it true that protective bra's are mandatory on the queens, especially when she starts to sag some from the years...hmmm. My "driver" has a clear bra, let's her smooth skin and pirkey sensuous body parts show through.
Old 11-06-2009, 05:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

The "Old Sled" has always gone bra less. They're way past sag and gone to drag,
even run over them every once in a while.

Cole
Mods: TurboKraft Custom IC, 934 Headers, GSX 61, Zork, Port Work, SC Cams, Air Mod Fuel Dist Relocated, Water Meth Injection, BL WUR, MSD 6530, Greddy EBC, Synapse Bov, Short 2nd & 3rd with 8:37 R&P, Wevo Shifter, Coupling, and Mounts, MTX-L SSI-4, Big Brakes, Rebel Coilovers, Bilstein Sports.
Old 11-06-2009, 05:41 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tug68 View Post
What`s up oilonly?My 50,xxx mile gave you a run at the last show we were together at. I say drive it , take care of it and it will put a smile on your face for years to come....
Very true Tug. Plus I admit I would love to bolt on some of the mods you have and more. But for now it is a weekend driver then right back in the garage. Hey I have put over 1,200 miles since I bought it. That was a good show, hope to see you around soon. The guy I was with who had the 993 turbo S also has that virgin '89 930.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage queen

Did that car come with 12 way heated seats in 87? They look like 964 seats
Old 11-07-2009, 04:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: