Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

To sell or not to sell.....

I have a 1979 930 with 80k that has been updated to look like a 92. (bumpers, lights, seats,door panels, carpet, rockers, replica turbo twists.3.8 rs wing etc) It just received a FULL high dollar Paul Weir engine rebuild with a 20k warranty. It's still in WA I have to ship it home in the next few weeks. It's in great (not flawless) condition.

My question is with this economy I see that Im going to lose my a$$. The economy has hit me pretty hard and need cash. What do you guys think? Try and weather the storm or lose the car I had a poster of as a kid? Of course I'd love to get my full amount but I was thinking in the $30's if Id sell it. I think selling it is inevitable just need some opinions. Any local Maryland interest once it's home?

Old 11-09-2009, 04:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by poorsche930 View Post
I have a 1979 930 with 80k that has been updated to look like a 92. (bumpers, lights, seats,door panels, carpet, rockers, replica turbo twists.3.8 rs wing etc) It just received a FULL high dollar Paul Weir engine rebuild with a 20k warranty. It's still in WA I have to ship it home in the next few weeks. It's in great (not flawless) condition.

My question is with this economy I see that Im going to lose my a$$. The economy has hit me pretty hard and need cash. What do you guys think? Try and weather the storm or lose the car I had a poster of as a kid? Of course I'd love to get my full amount but I was thinking in the $30's if Id sell it. I think selling it is inevitable just need some opinions. Any local Maryland interest once it's home?

Look at your own situation and be realistic. Do you see evidence that your personal economic situation will turn around before you really need the cash?

You can't let people at this board or anywhere else influence your decision, it is far too important that you do what is right for you and your loved ones.

This economic mess is way beyond the point where uninformed people can tell you we are recovering or we are not recovering.

Do what works for you. What others tell you is irrelevant right now.

Last edited by DDDD; 11-09-2009 at 07:12 AM..
Old 11-09-2009, 07:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Ryan,
Be prepared for the worst. I just went through the experience trying to sell my factory slant. When I say be prepared for the worst, I mean being prepared for offers that are an insult and the time to sell the car to a sincere buyer/enthusiast. The latter is becoming few-and-far-in-between and you should be prepared for the long haul of months getting the car sold. Be realistic. Is your financial situation going to improve in 6 months, for instance? How much of a loss are you willing to take on the car? Yes, there will be a loss, because only the historic racing cars seem to be keeping their heads above water right now.
Rule of thumb: The quicker you want to sell your car is direct proportion to the amount of loss you will take in selling it.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 11-09-2009, 07:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

IM sent
84 VW Rabbit GTI
Old 11-09-2009, 01:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

'tis better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all.

Sell it and get another one when your finances allow.
14 535i M Sport
Old 11-09-2009, 02:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: