Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911st View Post
Looking closer at the inter-cooler it looks like it was set up for a CIS twin turbo set up and they just closed off the second opening. I remember seeing PH twin turbo conversions being offered in the Porsche mags years ago based on a modified SSI header set up with a turbo hung off each side. Interesting.

Still one of the best looking turbos ever.
Actually it looks exactly like two regular garreston intercoolers welded together and the right single turbo intercooler has it's inlet closed off.
Old 12-05-2009, 12:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)

Guy's

Chris Carroll was an owner of PowerHaus, he and Chris Fisher were the owners of the original PowerHaus. Chris Fisher, the "original" wild man, sold his share to Chris Carroll and moved to S.E. Asia several years ago.

Cole
Mods: TurboKraft Custom IC, 934 Headers, GSX 61, Zork, Port Work, SC Cams, Air Mod Fuel Dist Relocated, Water Meth Injection, BL WUR, MSD 6530, Greddy EBC, Synapse Bov, Short 2nd & 3rd with 8:37 R&P, Wevo Shifter, Coupling, and Mounts, MTX-L SSI-4, Big Brakes, Rebel Coilovers, Bilstein Sports.

Last edited by cole930; 12-07-2009 at 06:31 AM..
Old 12-05-2009, 01:37 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDDD View Post
Actually it looks exactly like two regular garreston inter-coolers welded together and the right single turbo inter-cooler has it's inlet closed off.
The blocked inlet is in the wrong location. Also the IC gets fat toward each end.

If that were the case the welded up opening would be on the top right hand corner (flipped) or lower left center (side by side). That is unless they made a left-handed / mirrored IC.

Old 12-05-2009, 02:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Looking closer at the inter-cooler it looks like it was set up for a CIS twin turbo set up and they just closed off the second opening. I remember seeing PH twin turbo conversions being offered in the Porsche mags years ago based on a modified SSI header set up with a turbo hung off each side. Interesting.

Still one of the best looking turbos ever.
Chris mentioned he had a new TurboKraft inter-cooler ( cost+ $2K ) my choice, and the one left would go on the wall until he got it back as a first right of refusal option was discussed.

Last edited by voitureltd; 12-05-2009 at 09:32 PM..
Old 12-05-2009, 07:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by A930Rocket View Post
Ouch! Time to trade her in for a new model...
Old 12-05-2009, 08:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)

Garage
Looks like the car is going back to Germany, looking at the winner's bid history.
1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 12-06-2009, 01:12 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)
Turbo Hooligan

The european boys are cleaning up right now with the exchange rates...maybe at least the car will actually leave a driveway over there!

All these guys do is drive too fast, work on cars, chase ******* and drink.. really no fun at all...
Old 12-06-2009, 04:22 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)

Also the Autobahn to drive it on. Good price as opposed to where the reserve was. Congratulations to Chris to at least get more $$$$$ as I think he would have prefered not to sell it. Leave the driveway,....I thought it had 6000 miles on it?

Last edited by voitureltd; 12-07-2009 at 08:14 AM..
Old 12-07-2009, 06:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by voitureltd View Post
Also the Autobahn to drive it on. Good price as opposed to where the reserve was. Congratulations to Chris to at least get more than he wanted as I think he would have prefered not to sell it.
That thing will never see the Autobahn, as the Germans are militantly regulatory about keeping cars like this off the road. This car will be for track use only, and even then, it will have it's nutz chopped off with a quiet and restrictive muffler system. This is one of the few areas in which the US is a lot better than Europe, in that we can drive older, modded 930s on public roads. You should have seen the incredulous looks people gave me when i drove my basically open exhaust SC through europe, even when tooling around Stuttgart. You would have thought i was driving an alien spaceship.
1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 12-07-2009, 06:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)
Infidel

I've never had any problems driving around Europe in my 930, the Swiss are very tight on speed and the fines are ridiculous when you're caught, 800 fine the last time i was in Verbeir, and i was only 30kph over the limit!
The French hate us all, but not had any grief from them in the last 10 years of driving enthusiastically to Le Mans, don't get caught with a speed camera detector as they will smash it up on the road side, and if you have a jammer you are going to the police station with them! Even if you get pulled over and you don't have a high viz vest, reflective triangle and spare bulbs and fuses they will fine you!
Never had a problem in Germany, Holland or Denmark, although i can't really comment on what the rules are with registering "modified" cars are, i thought most of Europe was quite relaxed with that, apart from the Swiss! I guess we have it quite easy in the UK, apart from mega high petrol prices and over crowded roads
87 930, 993 turbo engine, RS Tuning 520PS/515lbf-ft, Arrow Rods, ARP hardware, Solid lifters, G50-50, RS Flywheel, 890nm Sachs clutch, RSR coil overs all round, 993 C4 calipers front, 930 fronts on the rear, Ruf Speedlines.....
Old 540 BMW, XB12S Modified, for being a total hooligan
Old 12-07-2009, 07:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBL930 View Post
I've never had any problems driving around Europe in my 930, the Swiss are very tight on speed and the fines are ridiculous when you're caught, 800 fine the last time i was in Verbeir, and i was only 30kph over the limit!
The French hate us all, but not had any grief from them in the last 10 years of driving enthusiastically to Le Mans, don't get caught with a speed camera detector as they will smash it up on the road side, and if you have a jammer you are going to the police station with them! Even if you get pulled over and you don't have a high viz vest, reflective triangle and spare bulbs and fuses they will fine you!
Never had a problem in Germany, Holland or Denmark, although i can't really comment on what the rules are with registering "modified" cars are, i thought most of Europe was quite relaxed with that, apart from the Swiss! I guess we have it quite easy in the UK, apart from mega high petrol prices and over crowded roads
Jon, was referring to what regulations Germans citizens (and a lot of Dutch, continental euros) are faced with. U guys dont really consider yourselves a part of the EU, do you, but i have seen where guys from the UK were not allowed to run the Ring due to mods which were not kosher. Watch out tho, the Politically correct 'anti-fun' wankers are never too far below the surface On-Line Petition to Save Spa-Francorchamps so watch your back over there.
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 12-07-2009, 07:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #51 (permalink)
Infidel

I heard about the Spa nonsense a while ago, utterly insane, the world really is getting taken over by lentil eating, tree hugging ****wits! I'm not sure whether as a country we see ourselves as part of the EU, i think we are reluctant to let go of the as it's part of our identity, although it's not worth a great deal anymore! Other than that I guess we are European? I don't rightly care anyway, i certainly won't be spending my retirement here
87 930, 993 turbo engine, RS Tuning 520PS/515lbf-ft, Arrow Rods, ARP hardware, Solid lifters, G50-50, RS Flywheel, 890nm Sachs clutch, RSR coil overs all round, 993 C4 calipers front, 930 fronts on the rear, Ruf Speedlines.....
Old 540 BMW, XB12S Modified, for being a total hooligan
Old 12-07-2009, 08:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #52 (permalink)

car!

i live about 20 miles from the car and so i went over to take a look. was not interested in purchasing...just wanted to see it in before it left this area! it was very clean and neat, a daily driver sort of cosmetics. i was never into that type front end but certainly looked ok with that car. it was very neat and appeared to be well thought out. it cranked readily and the zork sounded ....well like a zork. i did not notice any drips on the concrete. so i think if you were looking for a cis car with well done mods this was a good car. i was surprised that it sold on ebay at that price.
Old 12-07-2009, 09:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #53 (permalink)

It is a great car in may ways that I would love to own and I bet could not be built for the sales price.

However, it is not a 76 Turbo nor built on any other turbo base car, it needs an expensive transmission conversion to handle the motor, it dose not have Turbo rear arms or Turbo front or rearsuspension geometry. I just hope the buyer truly understands what he purchased is a 911 converted to a turbo.

For what it is worth, I would call it a great car that was 'well sold' more than 'well bought'.

JMO
Old 12-07-2009, 09:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #54 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
For what it is worth, I would call it a great car that was 'well sold' more than 'well bought'.

JMO
You couldn't buy anything close to this in Europe for 20K Euro. Thanks to our wonderful economic policies, like Pete said, guys over there are snapping up US cars like lottery winners getting lap dances. Remember when US $20K used to be equal to Euro 20K???
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com

Last edited by juicersr; 12-07-2009 at 10:12 AM..
Old 12-07-2009, 10:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #55 (permalink)

Garage
I too say "well sold" however I would not be surprised if the sale doesn't go through. The posting could easily be interpreted as a '77 930 based 934 which is more than this car and this fact may come to light when all the paperwork is being processed. That said I think the car stands for itself if this is what you want.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #56 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: