Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Location: Reno NV, Bay Area during most weeks,, Kids still in NH
Send a message via AIM to 9dreizig
fuel pressure question

As many of you know I have a UTCIS digital WUR in my car. I'm finally getting around to tune it again and here is my immediate problem.

I am commanding a control pressure of 4.5 bar and the DWUR is reading 2.5 bars hence it's running rich.
So my question is where to look ?? What would cause the high fuel pressure ?

I'm open to any suggestions..
Here's a screen shot . OOPS won't accept a bmp file.. sorry I'll work on that!
91 Spec Miata (yeah I race a chick car)
"life"ll kill ya" Warren Zevon
Old 11-10-2009, 03:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

My case

In my case. After I got my engine rebuilt we switched the two fuel lines. The one that goes the the 7th injector and that WUR. It was giving almost full fuel all the time, causing it to buck. So after we put the gauges on and saw the pressure in the fuel the mechanic figured it out and switched the lines. Been a happy camper since.

Rob

PS he had to retime the car and adjust the air/fuel ratio.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

No such luck here. Everything is in the correct place. I'll get it home tomorrow and check all the pressures with a guage over the weekend.
T
Old 11-12-2009, 05:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
If I read your message correctly, you request 4.5 bar but are getting 2.5bar to the DWUR. Could it be one of the fuel pump relays or a pump are gone and you are not getting full pressure to the system?
Just a thought. A lower control pressure would cause rich running. Not sure what the pressure output of only one pump would be having never measured it.
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"
Old 11-12-2009, 08:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Fred, Just re-read what I wrote.. I think you may be right I think I have a LOW pressure problem. I'm going to check the relays in the morning.. Wish me luck!!!
Old 11-12-2009, 06:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Smart quod bastardus

Garage
you know what i have a recurring problem with the one fuel pump relay working itself loose in the car and twice now have been driving and the car cuts out on me. First time it happened at a restaurant after i had parked the car and it would not restart....second time happened while driving.
I do not know what could cause the relay to work itself loose from the socket, but it pisses me off...try looking there too.
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"
Old 11-13-2009, 08:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

The pins on the round red or black relays and the yellow relay are split pins that get squeezed together after time.

Take a knife and push it into the split and spread them a little and they will make a snugger fit into the relay sockets.
Old 11-13-2009, 10:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

I went out and checked the pumps and relays, both were working. When I fired it up, according to the WUR I'm getting good pressure now. HOWEVER it's still running pig rich.. I must have either a vacuum or a boost leak.. tuned for 14.7 AFR idle but goes right to 10-12 at speed and I'm tuned all the way up on pressure...
Old 11-13-2009, 07:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: