Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Red versus Black Round Relays

1986 930: Can anyone explain the difference between the red and black round electrical relays? The row of 7 relays on the driverís side of the forward trunk include the two red ones for the fuel pumps, etc. My third one (from the driver going forward) for the oil cooler fan is now brown. I suspect it was red when the car was new.

Does anyone know the risk of putting a red relay in place of a black one - or better yet, what color this third position should be?

Thanks, Chip, Woodbridge VA
Old 11-11-2009, 06:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
83 911 Production Cab #10

Garage
Porsche Crest Many Threads on this...

Chip

Here is one of them; stoopid relay question

J.J.

83 911 Production Cab #10, Slightly Modified: Unslanted, 3.2, PMO EFI, TECgt, CE 911 CAM Sync / Pulley / Wires, SSI, Dansk Sport 2/2, 17" Euromeister, CKO GT3 Seats, Going SOK Super Charger
Old 11-11-2009, 08:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
I have been explained from Porsche dealer that they are identical.

Porsche use red to indicate fuel pump.
If an accident, rescue personel will easy identify which relay to remove to stop fuel leak.
Make sense..
Old 11-12-2009, 04:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
83 911 Production Cab #10

Garage
Porsche Crest Really

Quote:
Originally Posted by totle View Post
I have been explained from Porsche dealer that they are identical.

Porsche use red to indicate fuel pump.
If an accident, rescue personel will easy identify which relay to remove to stop fuel leak.
Make sense..
I would not go back to that dealership...

Yes they are for the fuel pump but there is more then just the color difference.

As for the Emergency Personnel, unless the guy/gal has a Porsche he probably would not know how to get the trunk open let alone where the fuse box would be

83 911 Production Cab #10, Slightly Modified: Unslanted, 3.2, PMO EFI, TECgt, CE 911 CAM Sync / Pulley / Wires, SSI, Dansk Sport 2/2, 17" Euromeister, CKO GT3 Seats, Going SOK Super Charger
Old 11-12-2009, 05:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: