Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
SAIGON 68

Garage
HELP 930 big gas leak hose part # ??

GUESS I SHOULD BE HAPPY I CAUGHT IT BEFORE DISASTER. THE END OF THE SCREWDRIVER POINTS TO THE BAD PART. THEN THE HOSE GOES THROUGH THE FIREWALL. I DON'T HAVE A PART NOMBER OR DECENT DRAWINGS. WOULD
APPRECIATE SOME HELP. NEVER POSTED PHOTO ON PELICAN BEFORE.
I WANTED TO SHOW MY CAR, BUT NOT THIS WAY. THX, JP

PS: ANYONE ELSE HAVE A PIGPEN GARAGE LIKE MINE? AM I THE ONLY ONE?

Old 11-11-2009, 11:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
cycling has-been

johnny wb
this is the first repair I had to make on my new-to-me 930, 5 years ago.
I think that hose gets buggered up when the engine is R&R improperly.
I was able to patch it temporally with some hose clamps and copper tubing until I was able to get it to the shop. - (I was not able to remove the fittings that some gorilla had tightened on the engine re-install.)

I count my blessing on the find also. After a sprited drive back from Lime Rock Park, I parked in my driveway to unlock the door & pull 'er in. When I went out to close the garage door, there was a big puddle of Sunoco 93 on the drive. Lucky for me it had just split, (or there was no leakage under power). I hate to think what would have happened if the fuel sprayed on the thermal reactors that were on the car then.

try 911 356 062 05 for the high pressure return hose.
(but do your homework, the hose that I needed might not be the one you need.)
{mine went from the hard line in the tunnel to a banjo fitting at the top of the aft fuel pump}

Bill K

Last edited by bkreigsr; 11-11-2009 at 12:21 PM..
Old 11-11-2009, 12:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

Defiinately looks routed wrong. It comes out at an angle from the fitting and looks like it was rubbing on what's left of the air pump adjustment.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

johnny wb-

Did you find a replacement for this hose?

Len

Old 12-30-2009, 07:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
SAIGON 68

Garage
hose guy made me a new hose. really primo quality. replaced 3 gas hoses. had to remove air filter, intercooler, front transmission mount. bought a bunch of snap-on
flare nut wrenches on ebay. also removed all air cond stuff. will put dry-cell in
smugglers box. (rennline) i spent a lot of time under the car, cleaning up after other people. i'm happy with the fix, but paranoid about leaks. i check for leaks a lot.
take care, jp
Old 12-30-2009, 07:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: