Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

C2 cylinders on earlier case

Anyone here with experience using C2T cylinders in an earlier case (e.g. 1986 3.3 case)? Assuming you used o-rings to seal, any issues?
Old 11-14-2009, 06:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Hi I have c2 cylinders on my 86 case I used the o rings and a thin coat of yamabond 17000. miles no leaks . I was told to check top of cylinder two head clearance.
Old 11-14-2009, 07:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

I lost a lot of my paperwork when my computer crashed, but the C2T P&C are the fully finned ones correct? If so, that's what I used on my rebuild (87). We used the o-rings (and possibly a copper gasket IIRC). I'll have to ask my buddy to be sure, but there is a certain method to installing them to prevent leaks.
Old 11-14-2009, 05:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

mine are full fins no leaks and lots of use
Old 11-14-2009, 05:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by A930Rocket View Post
I lost a lot of my paperwork when my computer crashed, but the C2T P&C are the fully finned ones correct? If so, that's what I used on my rebuild (87). We used the o-rings (and possibly a copper gasket IIRC). I'll have to ask my buddy to be sure, but there is a certain method to installing them to prevent leaks.
Yes, the C2T cylinders are fully finned. I used the C2T's in my '85 930, used the viton cylinder o-rings for the spigot bore and used the copper based shims to maintain the factory deck height. Be aware that the infamous cylinder/head oil seepage arose from these cylinder/head combination's in instances where no head gasket is applied. I had very small signs of that on my engine. I would recommend using either the factory gasket or have the heads and cylinders modified by Steve Weiner to get a perfect mating surface.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 11-15-2009, 07:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Thanks for the responses. Yes, I have the fully finned C2T Ps&Cs. The earlier case mating surface is different from the C2T case around the head stud holes. Similar difference around the heads. Just wanted to be sure that time has proven this setup to work well. Planning to use the viton o-rings and copper gaskets so seems that should work well.
Old 11-15-2009, 07:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

Oh yeah, we sprayed some copper type gasket maker on the copper gaskets to help prevent leaks.
Old 11-15-2009, 05:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to Lukesportsman
I love that spray for any solid metal head gasket. Even on water cooled engines I've had good luck at 14:1. Some say don't use it, but in my hands I'd rather than not.
Old 11-16-2009, 05:36 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukesportsman View Post
I love that spray for any solid metal head gasket. Even on water cooled engines I've had good luck at 14:1. Some say don't use it, but in my hands I'd rather than not.
Really? Has anyone else used the tacky copper spray on cylinder head gaskets? I would think that it would create inconsistencies in between the head/gasket or barrel/gasket or worse, crystallize and blow out.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 11-17-2009, 05:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: