Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by stup View Post
In my experience the standard "EURO" fuel head with just an increase in system pressure can produce enough fuel to acheive 400+ RWHP and with the correct tuning can be controlled also
I do believe it achieves 400 Flywheel HP with a correct tuning of the control pressure
Old 11-22-2009, 11:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Wo ist die Rennstrecke?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFairman View Post
"Fueling wasn't the problem - I couldn't get enough air into the cylinders. I even modified the air metering plate stop pin to let more air in, but no good."

Did you replace the steel down pipe that is squished where it goes around motor mount with something with a bigger diameter?
Also did you open up the intake ports, injector blocks, and intake maifold ports to something bgger than the choked down 32mm?
None of the plumbing from the metering plate to the turbo was modified. I had a Kokeln IC and turbo, C2 blow off valve, bored out throttle body, extrude honed manifold (opened about 3 or 4 mm per runner), port matched injector blocks, port matched intake ports, port smoothing and 3 angle valve job by Memphis Motorwerks. Exhaust ports left stock. Fuel head was opened up to 114cc/min and matched, injectors cleaned and matched, and Elgin Super 964 cams. I also used a stock air box with a K&N filter - I compared the power intake vs. the stock unit and the stock system produced more power on the dyno.
Old 11-22-2009, 12:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thierry25 View Post
Hello Keith

The metering-cone on the 3.6T is larger than 3.3 T....do you believe it ? So for the same air flow , the metering plate moves less !

The wur of the 3.6 T provides higher control pressure than the 3.3T...

But 3.6T injectors have much higher flow !

Conclusion: Porsche use higher flow injector for the 3.6T. In order to control these larger injector at low RPM, they increased the metering cone OD and they increased the control pressure.

Ah, another piece of the puzzle. This make a lot of sense. If the metering cone is larger, yes the metering-plate will move less. I thought the control pressure was the same pre-boost but lower on boost. However, if CP is higher that to will slow down the movement of the metering plate.

To make this work the 3.6 fuel head would have to be more like a HF and deliver more fuel at all points of the control pin's travel.

This makes the 3.6 fuel head, WUR, and metering cone viable transplants to a smaller 3.3T.

I had not thought of slowing the progression of the metering plate by making the cone larger. Makes so much sense.

I have thought of doing so by raising control pressure and clipping the metering plate or bending up an end.

I have been a long time advocate of re-profiling the cone as a way to achieve a better tuned CIS 930.

This concept opens the door for someone to come up with a CNC program to re profile the 3.3 cone. One could start with 3.6 spec or expand on this using basic interpolation as a starting point.

This would be a good match with the HF fuel head and potentially eliminate the need of a modified WUR and or RPM boost clamp.

Way, way, way cool!!!

This is a great day.
Old 11-22-2009, 03:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: