Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via Yahoo to sprbxr
Anti turbo lag w/ EFI

Is anyone here using an EFI system with anti lag technology? (like the WRC cars)

My EFI has Anti Lag, Launch Control, Power shift, pit road speed limiter, traction control and a few other options. I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with the Anti Lag technology.
Old 11-20-2009, 02:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I helped set it up on a buddy's talon and it rocks- Anti lag simply retards the hell out of the timing (on his it runs 10 retarded) and builds 20 psi on a 40R! I reccomend it. Are you trying to set it up to "no lift shift?'
2008 C6/Z51 Corvette
Old 11-20-2009, 06:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 930gt-40r View Post
I helped set it up on a buddy's talon and it rocks- Anti lag simply retards the hell out of the timing (on his it runs 10 retarded) and builds 20 psi on a 40R! I reccomend it. Are you trying to set it up to "no lift shift?'
Not yet. Still working on gathering my engine parts (need a crank).

With the ECU I have, there is capability for no-lift along with the anti-lag. From what I can find out, I can retard it as much as 40. I am sure that would be too much. I can also run 12 injectors sequential. Seems to be a pretty capable unit although the hard part is tuning it of course. The ecu is also adaptive.
Old 11-20-2009, 06:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Location: Reno NV, Bay Area during most weeks,, Kids still in NH
Send a message via AIM to 9dreizig
Justin
What ECU are you going to use? Is this the same car you had when I bought the tracdog off you ??
91 Spec Miata (yeah I race a chick car)
"life"ll kill ya" Warren Zevon
Old 11-20-2009, 08:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

No. This is a different car. Ecu is a EFI Technology Euro96.

You still have the blue car? Get it running and driving? Any pics?
Old 11-20-2009, 08:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Yeah I've got it,, in fact had you come to Turbopalooza this summer I drove it from Lake Tahoe to N. Carolina..
It looks the same,, other than has a roll cage in it, re-did the interior ,,
Old 11-20-2009, 08:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Excellent! I always loved the color of that car even though it wasn't totally correct.
Old 11-20-2009, 08:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

The problem is it's got about 4 coats on it.. I'm going to start stripping it this winter I think and re-painting it quarter panel by quarter panel.. probably lose 50 lbs LOL
Old 11-20-2009, 09:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
3 restos WIP = psycho

A good primer:
Antilag system - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://www.rallycars.com/Cars/bangbang.html

- 1965 911
- 1969 911S
- 1980 911SC Targa
- 1979 930
Old 11-30-2009, 08:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

One method not mentioned is the idea of cutting every other ignition cycle in order to create the same effect. I will say that I have seen how bad this all beats the motor/ turbo manifold up. And you think 911s have bad manifold cracking problems now? Anti lag/launch control really beat up turbo and manifolds. My friend runs schedule 10 piping for his exhaust primaries and they still crack over time...
2008 C6/Z51 Corvette
Old 11-30-2009, 10:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Per Kenik's reference.

It seems our air injection system might act as kind of an anti lag system except we are using an air pump instead of bleeding air off the compressor side.

Further, bypassing air around the turbo at idle and cruse seems to part of a anti lag system if I am reading it right thought it is written poorly.

Thus, keeping the air pump and reconfiguring the anti stall compressor bypass to stay open with intake manifold vac both seem valid strategies though not as sexy as turning the turbo's hot side into a jet turbine.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: