Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
SAIGON 68

Garage
Fuel leak - part # help!

major fuel leak. red tape on leaking hose.can't find dwgs or part numbers on pelican site. i also need part #'s all intercooler charge air in and out o-rings. a also have the B6 full bay waiting to go in, need photos, part numbers, etc. when air leaves the intercooler, how does it get into the engine. the angles confuse me. hate to say it, getting just a little depressed. thanks, jp

ps: if you can help out, but i have insulted/offended you with my political postings,
i was only kidding. trust me.

Old 11-27-2009, 09:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
Try a bit of fuel grade plumbers tape. Apply one streched thin layer and cinch it up tight without undue side stress. The tapered ferule end must be properly seated and undamaged to swage properly.
You'll have to post pictures of the B6 for all to see what is the problem.

Try not to read political postings but assume if you have the drive to DIY you didn't vote Democrat.
Old 11-27-2009, 09:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

I'd like to help, but can't after reading your non-sense.

Can you take the hose to a hyd shop and have them make you a new one with your old fittings?
Old 11-27-2009, 10:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

You'll need a lot more part numbers if you continue to run that thing taped up like that.
Old 11-27-2009, 11:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Location: Reno NV, Bay Area during most weeks,, Kids still in NH
Send a message via AIM to 9dreizig
I wouldn't drive that fuel leak to the end of the driveway ( and I"ve got a fire ext. in my front seat)..

Oh BTW I don't think I"ve ever seen any of the turbo guys over in OT.. so no worry's (I happpened to agree with most of what you've written anyway LOL) and Dipso and Stuart aren't man enough to drive a turbo!!!
91 Spec Miata (yeah I race a chick car)
"life"ll kill ya" Warren Zevon
Old 11-27-2009, 11:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Thats the return line so there isn't alot of fuel pressure there but take the whole thing off and take it to a hydraulic hose shop and have them replace the rubber line, or buy a new one.

I probably shouldn't say this because the rubber hose may be dryrotted and ready to spring a new link if bent or wrestled with and then possibly fuel a fire, but if you have to drive the car you could cut a slit in the metal crimp carefully without going too deep with a cut off wheel on a die grinder or dremel tool. Then pry the rest off with needlenose pliers.
Then cut the mangled end of the rubber hose off so you have a fresh end of the hose, slide it on the barbed steel line and put a hose clamp on it.
Thats not a permanent fix but it should last till you fix it right.
Old 11-27-2009, 11:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

SAIGON 68

Garage
The only intention for the red tape was to indicate the particular hose in question.
It's not leaking at the fitting. There is a major hole in the hose 8" left of the tape.
Think i'll just take it to hose pros.
Old 11-27-2009, 04:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Porsche Crest

What is the fitting at the far end of the return line?

If this is anything other than a straight fitting you have very little twist to connect it.

Before you go to a "Hydraulic shop", be sure of the orientation.

Once crimped you cannot twist it more than a few degrees.

Len at Autosportengineering dot com

Old 12-15-2009, 09:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Its possible I can repair the leaking hose. Can you photograph it?

I frequently make up hose assys for fellow Pelicans.............

Hope this helps.

Len at Autosportengineering dot com

Old 12-16-2009, 02:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: