Pelican Parts Forums

Pelican Parts Forums (http://forums.pelicanparts.com/)
-   911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum (http://forums.pelicanparts.com/911-930-turbo-super-charging-forum/)
-   -   Fünf Gruppen - Brought to you by the TurboPALOOZA Organizers (http://forums.pelicanparts.com/911-930-turbo-super-charging-forum/513455-fuenf-gruppen-brought-you-turbopalooza-organizers.html)

Reaper930 11-28-2009 04:15 AM

Fünf Gruppen - Brought to you by the TurboPALOOZA Organizers

So it all started with a 934 cross country road trip and a 935/76 tribute car in the workz...

Well guys we're official, Justin (Juicersr) and myself, have created a gruppe true to what Porsche is all about, Funf Gruppen is a way of life and an attitude statement of domination in the deep rooted, good natured IMSA spirit that drives our passions.

Visions of guys on their backs clocking hot turbos, looking for pieces of destroyed SS braided clutch lines, pushing injured monsters into a safe parking lot, and having one hell of a track day - what was found in the pits in the late 70's and early 80's is back, alive and well with our gruppe.

This is where all of the TurboPALOOZA related activities will spawn from, being updated on our blog page and we'll of course post up here as well so no man is left behind.

Also seeing as how the previous tshirt demand went for the June TurboPALOOZA activities went we decided to setup an area where you can get Funf Gruppen logo shirts, mugs and posters of past TurboPALOOZAs and just regular logo stuff for the gruppe so you can rock your Funf Gruppen pride.

Under the Blog link we'll update with the Euro TurboPALOOZA event upcoming in July of 2010 and any other events or casual GTG's we'll have during the year along with the usual associated Funf Gruppen news.

Upcoming are the gallaries of everyone's pics from the events so we can have somewhere everyone can upload their stuff and share the memories with the rest of us, its in the works!

Our email is on the contact page for any inqueries and we're both around here some of the time.

Hope everyone digs the site and is as excited as Justin and myself that the TurboPALOOZA events will continue to rock on with boosted glory into the future. We look forward to seeing you guys out there and putting more faces with the names and cars.

www.FunfGruppen.com

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploa...1259409967.jpg

turbobrat930 11-28-2009 04:28 AM

Gabe, thats awesome... maybe my car will be done by early spring, so I can get to meet some of you guys in person!!

MikeD930 11-28-2009 06:22 AM

Alright, a website dedicated to our fav cars and turboPALOOZA! What a cool website that is. Thank you Gabe and Justin for your efforts!

I'm really pumped about going to the next spring/summer turboPalooza!

tom84930 11-28-2009 06:39 AM

Kudos and thanks to you guys for all the inspired work and passion.
Brilliantly concieved and brilliantly executed. Given the depressing economy
and the increasingly Byzantine train wreck at VW and Porsche, this couldn't have come at a better time. Excellent.

RarlyL8 11-28-2009 07:07 AM

That's awesome!

Dai 11-28-2009 07:28 AM

Great website. I would love to join in with the drive but it would be over 6,000 miles trek round trip for me. Perhaps one day gentlemen. Thanks for sharing.

juicersr 11-28-2009 08:18 AM

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploa...1259418918.jpg

Great intro and background Gabe. Basically guys, we decided to start FunfGruppen out of a perceived need for a site dedicated exclusively to the support of the 930 owner, from those who enjoy stock to those of you who like it brutally modded. All of this started as an outgrowth of the initial Turbopalooza events, which we had no idea would generate the kind of enthusiasm they have. FunfGruppen is a way for us to carry the spirit of the weekend all through the year. Our goal is obviously not to compete with the Pelican board, but to supplement it. First and foremost, we want the FG site to remain a 'grassroots' and non-PC site, engaging all of you guys and listening to what you want. Bottom line is that it's just another way to have fun through 930 ownership.:D I know that several of you guys are italian bike fans, and one of the models of FG for me is the underground site for Moto Guzzi, Officine Rossopuro (originally 'FirestarterGarage')which tailors to those with a passion for these early bikes by updating with new parts, etc.

Gabe and I are both feeling out way through this, and not really sure how it will evolve, but our mission is to support all of the guys out there with a love of these very special cars. Initally, as you see, the site is very simple, but we will soon be adding 'garage space' with the ability of memebers to login, a user-friendly members gallery, tech tips section, etc. The site will be a bulletin board and watering hole for 930 related events both here and in Europe, with related parephenalia for sale as well. One of our ultimate goals is to support guys building (as well as vendors of) specialty parts for the (mostly modded) 930. Guys such as Brian, Ben and Hargett and others who are dedicated to keeping these cars performing as good as they look. Hopefully, we will be able to compile somewhat of a database of knowledge for those wishing to do everything from turbo a stock 3.2 to a 3.5 monster build, by both collecting related Pelican threads and having input from guys like Jerry and Juan.

Well, that's about it. We welcome all input from you guys at all times to keep making the site better and better. Stayed tuned guys 'cause we r just getting started!SmileWavy
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploa...1259424984.jpg

Turboo934 11-28-2009 08:22 AM

Are black Audi wagons allowed ?

9dreizig 11-28-2009 08:27 AM

Very cool!!! Count me in!!!
Hey guys have the dates been set for Turbopalooza 2010 yet ? I'm thinking an ultimate road trip,, first to F1 in Montreal then head south for Turbopalooza (with A/C this time!)

Slantnose Steve 11-28-2009 08:29 AM

Way to go Justin and Gabe!
You guys have got the balls to make this thing a real success!
The new website is awesome...we'll be following it closely!
Best Wishes,
Steve

juicersr 11-28-2009 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turboo934 (Post 5035956)
Are black Audi wagons allowed ?

Che Brother, for you (and Paul K), Audis will always be welcome!;)

juicersr 11-28-2009 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9dreizig (Post 5035962)
Count me in!! but why "five group" ??

Todd, we chose 'Five Group' because it was the racing category that the factory was aiming to (and of course eventually did) dominate from the start of the 930 homologation program. It symbolizes the hardcore, balls-to-the-wall, pull no punches and take no prisoners attitude of the factory at the time when it came to winning races... (something that is missing with Porsche today). Essentially, this hardcore attitude is what makes us all love these cars so much. Plus, Gabe and i got tired of trying other stuff which didn't sound as good, so we settled on this.:)

9dreizig 11-28-2009 08:52 AM

[

[

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploa...1259409967.jpg[/QUOTE]

hey is it just me or does Gabe look like Quentin Tarantino in this pic?

9dreizig 11-28-2009 08:53 AM

Justin, I read that on the website after I posted it.. I like it!!!

DDDD 11-28-2009 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9dreizig (Post 5036013)

hey is it just me or does Gabe look like Quentin Tarantino in this pic?[/QUOTE]

That picture is really cool.

DDDD 11-28-2009 10:00 AM

I love this site already. How about this tidbit from the mission statement? "to instill a fear of a higher power in others and spew flames across the globe!"

Turboo934 11-28-2009 10:04 AM

You know I was going to ask the same thing. You know many years ago the Inertmountain region of PCA got together and did a Outlaw photo, with old west theme, with race Porsche in half tone back ground. It was a cool picture, I' ll see if I can find it.You know it would be fun to find Nose Art stickers, for our ground pounding, flame shooting War-horses

juicersr 11-28-2009 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 9dreizig (Post 5036013)

hey is it just me or does Gabe look like Quentin Tarantino in this pic?[/QUOTE]

Maybe just a little:p
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploa...1259431378.gif

BTW, FG will never be exclusionary, just focused. While the main content will be based around the 930, all subsequent air-cooled variations (964,993) are considered included, of course.
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/uploa...1259431565.jpg

9dreizig 11-28-2009 11:58 AM

Oh and can we get badges ?? I'm kinda sick of those SC world domination guys hahaha

Reaper930 11-28-2009 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turboo934 (Post 5036132)
You know it would be fun to find Nose Art stickers, for our ground pounding, flame shooting War-horses

Brother - I have an artist I'm engaging with some nose art currently and there are plans for FG girls in the works. We'll also have them up as posters, stickers (decal quality) as I'm putting some finalized nose art on mine soon.

Keep the faith brother, and I hope Christine isn't too cold this winter!

Thanks for all the kind words and good wishes guys!