Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
any good 930 mechanic shops in tampa/ st pete, fl area??

looking to get my dream car soon. I have only owned aircooled vws up until now and I want to move up but I know these cars will need an expert(not a home schooled vw air head) so I wanted to find a really good shop I could trust before I even got the 930. I live 30 mins north of tampa/st petersburg, fl

been looking at this:
Gaurds red full black leather sport seats , fully optioned, APPROX 425 HP, upgrades as follows, 930s sterring wheel, andial full enrichment, fisk wheels 9" @ 11", p zeros, front 993 TT brakes with flooting rooters, HD torison bars,adj sway bars, eibach springs, bilstien shocks, race tie rods, 935 front susp race version, bump steer kit and adj spring plates, K29 turbo long neck conversition, large intercooler, Mc Neal headers w/ heat, SS muffler w/ 4'' spouts, 993 TT waste gate,Ruff group B cams with hyd tennsioners, 930s front valance, lightweight flywheel,Hd clutch, SS braided lines, Motor and gearbox has been gone completely through includings new pistons/cylinders, raceware Hd studs, gearbox new syncros clutch etc. the car comes with most original equipment including full ac system, restored front valance, sterring wheel, exhaust, new H4 in box, this car has had 2 owners the last owner for over 20 yrs, this car is original with 50k on it , matching #, no accidents our track time, comes with window sticker, books and all recipts totaling $60,000. The car is Mint through out, first time offered for sale.

what do you guys think? owner wants 37k. Looks brand new inside and out

Let me know. I know nothing about porsches but have wanted this 930 since I firs saw it in person back in high school. Im 38 years old now and I still feel the same way about these cars. Never even been in one!!!
Old 11-28-2009, 05:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Location: Reno NV, Bay Area during most weeks,, Kids still in NH
Send a message via AIM to 9dreizig
what year ?? Kind of pricey in this market unless it's an 89
91 Spec Miata (yeah I race a chick car)
"life"ll kill ya" Warren Zevon
Old 11-28-2009, 06:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

Nice looking car.

Those look like BBS wheels though, not Fikse.

$37K might be a high in this market.

Get a PPI before any purchase and not one the seller uses.
Old 11-28-2009, 06:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
thank you. WILL DO!! I think its an 87 model
Old 11-28-2009, 06:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Oh, and plan on learning to work on it yourself. These things are not that complicated ( ok don't open my CIS thread),, but seriously you'll be amazed at what you can do yourself
Old 11-28-2009, 06:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Arrow

Back to your question, I'm fairly new to Tampa and so far have used Vortex Motorsports for my 930 (Hillsborough Ave), only that for fairly routine stuff, so I am not to judge when it comes to big repair stuff. I do plan to have them put a front oil cooler, so I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 11-29-2009, 04:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

E-85 sippin drunk

Both Alex Job racing and JB Racing are in Talavares, FL. Although I dont know if they work on customers cars, as both are more of a race shop, they should be able to point you in the right direction. As far as JB Racing, I would trust those guys with my car and my life... a great bunch of folks!!
Brad...930 gt-1 racecar, increased displacement to 3.6L, JB racing Cylinders, JE 8 to1 pistons, stroked crank, Carrillo rods, extrudehoned 3.2L intake, full bay Bell I/C, GT-2 EVO cams, Rarly8 headers, GTX-35RS turbo, twin plug, P&P heads, Link G4 EFi system, G-50/50 with LTD slip and oil squirters/oil cooler, zork tube, full race coilover system, with carbon fiber body, full cage, E-85 sippin drunk
Old 11-29-2009, 04:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
thank you very much for the recommendations. I am still hunting for the right 930. seems the one i posted is no longer on autotraders site(may be sold). I was hoping to get one for less than 30 K anyway but that one "seemed" to have had all the right stuff done to it already......
If anyone knows of a good one that becomes available please post up and let me know!
Old 11-29-2009, 02:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Unfortunately, there are alot of them out there right now pretty cheap.. I suggest you get one that hasn't had alot of stuff done to it.. Highly modded cars tend to be driven hard (at least by this group ;-).. finding a good car under 30k should be easy
Old 11-29-2009, 02:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

Check Rennlist as well: 911 Turbo (930) Forum - Rennlist Discussion Forums

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/911-turbo-930-forum/533005-79-930-efi-for-sale.html

I know there is one or two for sale there now.
Old 11-29-2009, 02:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Garage
is there anything to worry about with the 930 turbo 3.0 liter motors. They make less power but as far as reliability and ability to up the displacement/power to around 400hp?
Old 11-29-2009, 04:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Excellent Performance/Repair shop in Clw, Florida

One of the best shops in the Central Florida area would be Eibell Performance, Inc. Specializing in Porsche, Frank Eibell has a sterling reputation as a guru in boosted 930's. Their shop is always full of street and race cars, excellent place to have an inspection performed. Frank has been in business specializing in Porsche for over 30 years, knows just what to look for, pretty much seen it all. Fair prices, quality work , done right the first time.

Eibell Performance., Inc
5000 110th Av
Clearwater, Fl
727- 573-0911
727 573- 0930
Old 11-29-2009, 05:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)

Garage
awesome! Thank you very much!!
Now all I need is a 930!!!
saw a 1976 3.0 liter turbo that looks pristine in and out but I assume no intercooler on those.... Should I stay away from 3.0 liter non intercooled 930s??
Old 11-29-2009, 06:15 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: