Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by THECARREAPER View Post
KILODAWG, here are some pics of the rocker, along with the stock end caps, that dont fit these sill extensions.

That 911 end cap is just too small and, like mine, did not cover much of anything. I think this issue went over to the slant thread.
Old 12-13-2009, 01:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ 911SC View Post
Good for you. Hopefully my problem would be similar...

Thanks for the photo now I can confirm the same motor and numbers.
glad to help !
Old 12-13-2009, 03:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #62 (permalink)

Garage
That is a great color combination and the wheels really make a statement. You know to always place a towel on your rear window when lowering the top to keep it from scratching the window.

p.s. Black Targa dances well too huh?

Last edited by BReyes; 12-13-2009 at 05:33 PM..
Old 12-13-2009, 05:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #63 (permalink)

As far as relays go I used the light relays for a 944 they were only about 20$. If you look in PET on the slant nose pages there are the relays and the relay holder. that wahst I used. and it was way cheaper than mazda relays and they perform the same function. the rocker end caps Call NR auto and they will fab you up some.
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 12-14-2009, 06:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #64 (permalink)

So you did pick up this car! Cool!

My car needs the end caps too... figured I would have to make them...

Anyone have a source for the BBS center caps? Seems those are hard to find too...
Old 12-14-2009, 03:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #65 (permalink)

If you headlight motor is inside the bucket and each motor on each light, it's not the real slantnose. If your motor look like the one posted on page one, it's like mine, Mazda. I bought mine from ebay and posted mazda year/model here. If you search on my name and the phrase "headlight motor", you might find it.
The skirt end cap is not the same as the narrow body 911. I lost it when someone else wheel hubcap flew over and het it on freeway. I had to make myself one from thick sheet metal.
As far as I know, the real slantnose has oil cool on the rear fender only. Front fender is for sure an add on. I love your front bumper look, and be able to add an oil cooler there. Mine won't fit anything there, so I still searching for a way.
man... your car is so much like mine exept the front bumper's below

Last edited by rnln; 01-17-2010 at 02:58 AM..
Old 01-17-2010, 02:55 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #66 (permalink)

Location: Rehoboth Beach, DE summer - Indian Wells, CA winter
Garage
I have an 88 slant nose, factory 930. My left headlight does not close all the way flush with the body work. It sticks up about half an inch or so above the fender body work. It does not bind on the surrounding bodywork. I am able to press it down by hand and it will rest flush with the body work.

I may have missed it somewhere in the thread but i did not see any comments as to how to actually adjust the headlights.

Your help in advance is much appreciated.

Thanks,

J.
Old 07-31-2010, 09:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #67 (permalink)
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 930slant View Post
I have an 88 slant nose, factory 930. My left headlight does not close all the way flush with the body work. It sticks up about half an inch or so above the fender body work. It does not bind on the surrounding bodywork. I am able to press it down by hand and it will rest flush with the body work.

I may have missed it somewhere in the thread but i did not see any comments as to how to actually adjust the headlights.

Your help in advance is much appreciated.

Thanks,

J.
J.,
There's upper and lower adjustment bolts on each headlight mechanism. The only way to reach them is from the back(remove splash guard, inner fender). Each bolt has a rubber cushion on the end of the bolt. It may be the rubber cushions fell off due to age. Check there first. Remember, the headlight that comes to rest first shuts down the motor....so adjust accordingly.

Sounds like the mechanism was improperly adjusted by previous owner for that type of symptom.

The above remarks only apply to the Porsche factory pop-up headlights.
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 07-31-2010, 03:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #68 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: