Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Matt Drendel's new Porsche service shop

Just a little note in support of Matt Drendel who so graciously let us visit his private collection of historic Porsche turbos about this time last year at the inaugural Turbopalooza. Those of you who met him know how gracious and hospitable he was, answering questions and giving us in a sense a private tour. (Matt is with black jacket and baseball cap)

Many of you may have seen Matt's collection in the new Panamera commercial, as the factory contracted with him to use a lot of his collection in it's filming.

Well, Matt has decided to open a shop dealing exclusively in Porsche (and i suspect with a great emphasis on Turbos) in Hickory, NC

HERITAGE MOTORWERKS

Per my contact Bryan, he will be servicing all Porsche models, just not warranty work. Also will be doing body repair, paint as well

Check out his site. Lots of eye candy, including his latest acquisition, one of the first 935's.
1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 12-02-2009, 04:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
newb.

in the hangar, or the old Porsche dealership?

r gruppe #436
zuffenhaus: products|eurowerks
Old 12-02-2009, 07:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
I think it's at a completely different location from either (but near the airport hanger). Something about Porsche not wanting to let go of their old dealership bldg, IIRC.
1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 12-02-2009, 07:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

Sounds sweet! I still want to see the collection as I missed it the first time.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Appreciate the plug Doc!

For the time being, the business will function out of the hangar.

If you guys have any questions/requests about having something done, please feel free to drop me a PM/email, I'll be more than happy to answer any questions.

Also, please bear with us on the webpage...We're still working on getting a few things sorted on our page that will include some pictures/info on a few of the car in Matt's collection.

Regards,

Last edited by Trevor Ely; 12-06-2009 at 09:53 PM..
Old 12-06-2009, 09:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Blackbird Pilot

Dude the website ROCKS
Old 12-07-2009, 06:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper930 View Post
Dude the website ROCKS
Thanks Gabriel...It's coming along. Looking forward to seeing Blackbird out this way...I'm going to find some way to make the next installation of the Turbopalooza series.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Garage
Trevor, no worries.

Any more specifics on what you guys will be focusing on? Routine stuff like modern diagnostic/service, or more vintage (webers, MFI)? Are your guys trained in modern race (Haltech, Motech, Electromotive, etc EFI and tuning), motor rebuilds, suspension set-ups and so forth?

I'm sure a burning question of everyone here is whether Matt plans to showcase any of his cars at the shop in a museum-like fashion.

Tell Matt that if he brings one of his street turbos to our next T'poozas the first rounds on me At this point we are planning on probably doing the main event each year in a central NC location (Greensboro or Charlotte) with track time at VIR or CMP, so would love for you to join us.
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 12-08-2009, 06:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

For the time being, we will concentrate on maintaining/servicing the more modern stuff, but on a case-by-case basis, we're more than willing to dive into some projects on earlier cars. We've already had everything from a '68 BMW/Baur 1600 Cabriolet to a '60 Plymouth Fury pass through the shop for some special projects.

Concerning tuning and race preperation, we'll leave most of this to Eurowerks and Speedwerks, for the time being. Although, I do have an outlet for tuning with Electromotive, if somebody is interested. He is very talented, and actually handles the tuning for several high-end "race shops" in/around North Carolina.

The collection is always circulating through the shop, so customers will get the chance to get up close and personal with some icons from Porsche's history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicersr View Post
Trevor, no worries.

Any more specifics on what you guys will be focusing on? Routine stuff like modern diagnostic/service, or more vintage (webers, MFI)? Are your guys trained in modern race (Haltech, Motech, Electromotive, etc EFI and tuning), motor rebuilds, suspension set-ups and so forth?

I'm sure a burning question of everyone here is whether Matt plans to showcase any of his cars at the shop in a museum-like fashion.

Tell Matt that if he brings one of his street turbos to our next T'poozas the first rounds on me At this point we are planning on probably doing the main event each year in a central NC location (Greensboro or Charlotte) with track time at VIR or CMP, so would love for you to join us.

Last edited by Trevor Ely; 12-08-2009 at 08:21 PM..
Old 12-08-2009, 08:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: