Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

here is another e-bay ruf. i assume this is a factory built ruf as it has a ruf VIN as compared to the black one that was converted in the US? what sort of documentation is needed on this car especially as it was "brought in" to the US.

Porsche : 930:eBay Motors (item 370310848685 end time Dec-30-09 17:45:00 PST)
79 930 #632
88 911 Cab
74 TR6
88 CRX Si
Old 12-24-2009, 05:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

The proper importation tags to pass EPA DOT and the RUF strap in engine bay say a lot. However why would someone who bought it new and subsequent owners not have the complete window sticker etc., all the paperwork/documents on such a expensive and difficult to obtain car ( its not like ordering a Chevy at the local store) and not be there? Sometimes court situations regarding seizure, or disposition of assets the paperwork or documents get misplaced. I would really want an explaination if a complete trail was not available. Looks like a real proper special 930 in almost to good to be true condition to me if orderded new with all the options as in photos. Good luck in getting it at any sort of a good price as the Scottsdale auctions are soon upon us as the 100,000s of thousands decend to the valley of the sun for the anual blow out.

Last edited by voitureltd; 12-25-2009 at 03:49 PM..
Old 12-24-2009, 10:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by voitureltd View Post
Good luck in getting it at any sort of a good price as the Scottsdale auctions are soon upon us as the 100,000s of thousands decend to the valley of the sun for the anual blow out.
it's on their website for $90k
79 930 #632
88 911 Cab
74 TR6
88 CRX Si
Old 12-27-2009, 06:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

That sounds about what to expect this time of year in a hot spot for special cars . If you check the last few years of Barrett Jackson auction sales, Porsche factory SN sold @ $70K + and were no where near as nice as this one is. So I guess perception can be reality as this dealer sells a varity of vehicles so is probably going by what he has seen them sell for. I'm sure it will be difficult to get him to think otherwise. Really great specal turbos are hard to get at a good price. I recall Dana Mecum auction( 5 + years ago) had a Red 1985 RUF ( maybe the other 1 of the 5 made that year that this selling dealer knows about) with similar miles. I was thinking of maybe $50K-$55K as Dana had asked me about its value as he was being offered the consignment . Well at the sale it blew by my hopefull estimate after the first few bids and sold for much much more. These are probably the 2 RUF built cars that were held up in litigation for about 10 years in Texas before being released . The 1984 Kremer I have was also held for over a year ( even though it was built for Mario Andretti made no difference) before being released. Things could be challenging back then to get these kind of cars into the country.

Last edited by voitureltd; 12-28-2009 at 05:39 AM..
Old 12-27-2009, 07:23 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Garage
Nice Cars. If I were in the market I would have both.
"the 930 is THE CAR that started my PORSCHE love affair..." Magnus Walker
Old 12-27-2009, 09:45 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

[QUOTE=voitureltd;5091285]That sounds about what to expect this time of year in a hot spot for special cars . If you check the last few years of Barrett Jackson auction sales, Porsche factory SN sold @ $70K + and were no where near as nice as this one is.

Last year Porsche 930 was huge at Barrett Jaskson here in WPB, Florida fair grounds. I recall at least three or four 930's there went for huge money (40-50k) and there was nothing special about them. I almost got in mine to drive down there, that's how high the dollar amounts were moving on these cars.
Old 12-27-2009, 01:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

A nice 930 at auction when obviously lesser muscle, hot rods and performance cars are getting towards the 6 figures do tend to turn some heads, especially the documented special models like RUF, Kremer, Alan Johnson,Andial, DP Motorsport Road cars among others. At the real high end sales, Porsche race winning models including the factory cars and factory supported cars such as Kremer can fetch some extraordinary money as informed buyers are present. The medium ones at those sales sometime a bargin but don't count on it. And yes nice regular 930s have been north of $40K on a regular basis as buyers just go for it. Usually well known auction companies offer good ones as someone on staff is familiar enough to get decent ones in the sale.

Last edited by voitureltd; 12-27-2009 at 03:09 PM..
Old 12-27-2009, 03:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

One of the cars at the auction that caught my attention was not a Kremer or Ruf, but a steel conversion slant that took in mid to upper 40's (i don't recall the exact dollar amount but it was up there) unusual for a car that is basically unknown history. There was a 78 that took in ungodly money as well. Mind you, these cars were basic. Goes to show that these cars are still worth money to someone, stock, conversion, Ruf, Kremer, whatever, there is a buyer, even in this crashed economy.
Old 12-27-2009, 03:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcoker View Post
One of the cars at the auction that caught my attention was not a Kremer or Ruf, but a steel conversion slant that took in mid to upper 40's (i don't recall the exact dollar amount but it was up there) unusual for a car that is basically unknown history. There was a 78 that took in ungodly money as well. Mind you, these cars were basic. Goes to show that these cars are still worth money to someone, stock, conversion, Ruf, Kremer, whatever, there is a buyer, even in this crashed economy.
one of the cars that "went across the block" (gawd i hate saying that as it sounds like you asre selling a cow or livestock) was a black 77 out of seattle (hyabusa's old car) it was for sale at a dealer in seattle tht aquired it as they were prepping it for the auction. they told me i could buy it for $36k before the put it on the truck to head to BJ. i passed thinking ok i'll be able to buyi it for less at BJ . I ended up registering to be an on line bidder. that car ended up going for $43k plus the 10% commision. of course i didn't buy it fot that.......man i guess i missed the boat on that one.

I think the point Tony makes:

There are buyers out there with specific desires that do not have the time to check out this site and others that have really great cars and when they see it at auction, they buy it. As you say other than the known brands of the old school racers. Once they get introduced to some of the currently well done such as some on this forum build they will really spend to get it.

is spot on.
79 930 #632
88 911 Cab
74 TR6
88 CRX Si
Old 12-28-2009, 04:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: