Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
As another young fellow Connecticut 930 owner I agree you should do everything you can to hold on to that 930! Once you let a dream like that go its MUCH harder to get back to where you were. Life has a way of moving on.....

I got my first 930 in my 20s and modifying and improving my car was a major part of my motivation to make money and work hard in the first few years out of college. Having goals and dreams made it much easier to get through the BS and drudgery of work at times...Keep fighting
Old 12-10-2009, 01:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Thank you all- I must keep strong!
I have very little left to do to the car to make it right, its just that it takes sooo damn long between stages because the money enters my pocket and ends up leaving for things like gas, girlfriend, insurance, cell bill, food, and other useless crap that stands in the way of my 930. I have this next month off and I am going to be working out of my garage (or travel around if i have to) on cars- so if any locals need an extra hand to help finish up a project, let me know.

Paul- thank you for posting the pics, I had fun driving the car up there and hanging out. Then tearing a$$ out on that main strip was pretty mint too hahaha. I think I almost tripled the speed limit on that road lol.

As for everyone else, thank you- I am going to keep coming back to this thread everytime I get a goddamned bill for school and contemplate the worst. If I do it again, just give me a good b!tch slap and I'll stop thinking about it.

The girlfriend is still going to have competition afterall...
2008 C6/Z51 Corvette
Old 12-10-2009, 02:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Your car looks amazing Kris, is there any rush to finish it anyway? At worse put it aside and finish it when you have the cash. Man I couldn't afford a Porsche when I was studying, I doubt many could! I like your humorous contribution to the board too, would suck if you left!

Do you guys not have a educational assistance plan over there, we don't have to pay for our education until we start working?

On a side note I would love an intercooler like yours and that charge pipe with the BOV is a work of art, can I ask where you got that made?
'18 C63S Coupe
Old 12-10-2009, 02:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence88mph View Post
Your car looks amazing Kris, is there any rush to finish it anyway? At worse put it aside and finish it when you have the cash. Man I couldn't afford a Porsche when I was studying, I doubt many could! I like your humorous contribution to the board too, would suck if you left!
Do you guys not have a educational assistance plan over there, we don't have to pay for our education until we start working?
On a side note I would love an intercooler like yours and that charge pipe with the BOV is a work of art, can I ask where you got that made?
yea we got some sort of aid over here- and you dont have to start paying untill your out of school- HOWEVER- the intrest starts acruing when you sign the paper... I really cant afford it while I am studying, but I manage.
The intercooler was made buy a guy named Jamie that ran Miller racecar- a company I think is out of business now, but used to be on the show Pinks regularly. Jamie does great work. Now there is another local guy here named John Volk who owns 666 and he fabbed my headers- he is pretty nasty at what he does. The intercooler is a simple 4" spearco core with rounded end tanks derived from 4" piping. Im sure someone down there could easily reproduce it.
2008 C6/Z51 Corvette
Old 12-10-2009, 07:42 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)
R.I.P.

damn, Jamie is a customer of mine. I didn't know he closed the shop.. Sorry to hear it but he's a talented guy and i'm sure will be back...

oh, BTW - keep that 930!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I sold my 79 930 back in 92 and have regretted doing it every day since..... wel up until i picked up my 86.... besides, your car looks badd ass. How could you possibly stand there looking at it and consider selling?
Old 12-10-2009, 09:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)

Like I said, I think he went out of business- I heard through the grapevine and I could be wrong.
Thanx for the complements- When faced with the bills and not having current seat time in the car- it crosses ones mind once or twice.
2008 C6/Z51 Corvette
Old 12-10-2009, 09:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

I also forgot to post that the car has been running for a while now. I just can't drive it since I havent finsished the body yet and I havent had it tuned yet. As of now, I turned my fuel pressure regulator down to 30 psi (car is tuned for 42 psi) as to make sure she doesnt wash the cylinders down like she did last time. My air fuel gauge never gets below 16:1 and i have to say that the oil is perfectly clean. Now obviously I cannot beat on her with it set like this, but I will make damn sure that when it is tuned for part throttle/off throttle that she runs as lean as the cams humanly permit. The gt2 cams are not best with lean mixtures due to overlap, but in the name of keeping gas out of my oil I will sacrifice a little drivability- + 30 MPG dont sound too bad if I can achieve that...
2008 C6/Z51 Corvette
Old 12-11-2009, 06:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: