Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
looking for front spoiler

hey guys anybody have a front spoiler and or front oil cooler? citrus said he had one at the last palooza but i cant get him. really want a DP but open to other options thanks
Old 12-12-2009, 05:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
E-85 sippin drunk

First of all, you need to specify what look of front bumper/ air dam you are looking for. I believe Dp, is a brand...not a specific model of front bumper cap. DP stands for Design Plastics, and was a company that made parts for the 911/ 930 back in the day.

Also, as far a front oil cooler goes, you need to buy new. I would NEVER trust a used oil cooler... even if ultrsonically cleaned, enough to put on my car. These engines cost way too much to rebuild or fix if something goes wrong. A new front oil cooler setup... including the extended lines, etc, sould cost well below a grand. Cheap insurance if you ask me.

What look are you wanting for your front end? IROC, Twin turbo, GT-2, RSR, stock, etc.... way too many to know unles we have some sort of guidance from you....

Hope this helps!!!
Brad...930 gt-1 racecar, increased displacement to 3.6L, JB racing Cylinders, JE 8 to1 pistons, stroked crank, Carrillo rods, extrudehoned 3.2L intake, full bay Bell I/C, GT-2 EVO cams, Rarly8 headers, GTX-35RS turbo, twin plug, P&P heads, Link G4 EFi system, G-50/50 with LTD slip and oil squirters/oil cooler, zork tube, full race coilover system, with carbon fiber body, full cage, E-85 sippin drunk
Old 12-12-2009, 05:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
front spoiler

If you are looking for a stock front spoiler, I am actually selling mine off my 87 930. I am in the process of updating the look to a C2 965 Turbo look and have the entire front spoiler and assembly I am getting ready to post here for sale. Excellent condition.
Let me know if you are interested and exactly what you need and I can post pictures and price.
Stephen
87 930 Super Cup (964) Cams , Andial K27 7200 Turbo, Andial Intercooler, Twin Plug, Andial Fuel Enrichment System, Carillo Rods, Mahle Pistons, Raceware head studs, Adjustable Turbo, Ruf Wheels, plus much more...
Old 12-12-2009, 03:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Garage
You are right brad way too many options. I am actually looking for what would be found on a fatory slant. Do made one . Fairman has one, and yes I will get the cooler& lines new. Maybe Jim will post a pic!!
Old 12-12-2009, 04:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
E-85 sippin drunk

Another thing just for FYI.... alot of these aftermarket companies that make body parts for the 911, make them for racecars. In other words, most of the parts fit and look like crap! I went to two major places that make body parts for these cars, and was not happy at all.

I finally went to M. A. Shaw when I bought all of my carbon fiber stuff. AWESOME quality! I believe Getty design is also affiliated with M. A. Shaw ( relatives or something like that). Look up M. A. Shaw... you will not be dissapointed on the quality. Also, most of the stuff since it is made for racecars, look grerat from 10 feet away...but on a street car, if you are really picky about the fit and finish, you might want to stick with OEM stuff..... you can PM me if you need more info ( I am not going to bad mouth the shops on here)....
Brad...930 gt-1 racecar, increased displacement to 3.6L, JB racing Cylinders, JE 8 to1 pistons, stroked crank, Carrillo rods, extrudehoned 3.2L intake, full bay Bell I/C, GT-2 EVO cams, Rarly8 headers, GTX-35RS turbo, twin plug, P&P heads, Link G4 EFi system, G-50/50 with LTD slip and oil squirters/oil cooler, zork tube, full race coilover system, with carbon fiber body, full cage, E-85 sippin drunk
Old 12-12-2009, 05:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

I have a used genuine factory Ruf turbo front bumper/spoiler for sale.

New it sold for $2400 plus shipping & duty out of Germany. I have been asking $1200 but the economy is tight, so make me an offer.

I also have a friend with a NEW Ruf front oil cooler he bought as a spare. Don't know the price but I could ask if you like. Other front coolers like the Setrab would fit as well.

Also any oil lines or fittings (Metric or AQ) you need I can supply. I make up custom hoses for lots of folks.

Please, email replies only.

Thanks,

Len at Autosportengineering dot com

Last edited by BoxsterGT; 12-13-2009 at 09:55 AM..
Old 12-13-2009, 09:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
len thanks for taking the time, and photos! i am actually looking for a factory slant front spoiler or a 'DP'type thanks frank
Old 12-13-2009, 01:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Turbo Hooligan

Frank, this is the style your after correct? Andys 930 on the far right.

All these guys do is drive too fast, work on cars, chase ******* and drink.. really no fun at all...
Old 12-13-2009, 01:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Hey Frank, John's cell # is 2034701091.

BTW here is another option, let me know if you want details on the oil cooler.

Old 12-13-2009, 04:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
here it is guys. i love the way this car looks. let me know of options, and pete it is like andys
Old 12-15-2009, 05:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Garage
Old 12-15-2009, 05:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
Turbo Hooligan

Spoilers 935 T FS & 935 N FS

here ya go buddy.

All these guys do is drive too fast, work on cars, chase ******* and drink.. really no fun at all...
Old 12-15-2009, 11:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)
Wo ist die Rennstrecke?

Great pic of a silver 930. Looks like a Hot Wheels car I once had....
Old 12-15-2009, 01:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
Smart quod bastardus

Garage

Mine was purchased off Ebay but I think is AIR unit.
Really came out nice with paint and little fitting work done.
1979 930 Turbo....3.4L, 7.5to1 comp, SC cams, B&B intercooler, Snow Perf water/meth injection, Rarlyl8 headers, Garret GTX turbo, 36mm ported intakes, Innovate Auxbox/LM-1, custom Manually Adjustable wastegate housing (0.8-1.1bar),--running 0.7bar max
---"When you're racing it's life! Anything else either before or after, is just waiting"
Old 12-15-2009, 04:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: