Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Send a message via Skype™ to djdawson2
Front strut replacement

OK... so I'd like to replace my front struts and upper strut bushings while the car is garaged for the winter. My car has 100k miles on it, so I assume that there is significant wear on the bushing inside the housing that the shock rides in (green Bilsteins). I believe this to be the case because I still have some sort of knocking sound in the front end when driving over washboard type surfaces... and there really isn't anything else that I haven't replaced.

Is this internal strut housing bushing an item that I can replace, or am I stuck buying complete assemblies for $600 a side?

Thanks!
Old 12-14-2009, 07:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
sudo apt-get purge 930

You just replace the insert: Porsche 911 & Carrera Suspension - Page 1

Part# RE3-5050-M12 for sports and R36-5001-M12 for HD.

There are plenty of write ups if you search for them. it's actually pretty easy.

"Worrying about depreciation on your car and keeping mileage down is like not ****ing your girlfriend so her next boyfriend finds her more appealing"
--clutch-monkey
Old 12-14-2009, 07:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by equality72521 View Post
You just replace the insert: Porsche 911 & Carrera Suspension - Page 1

Part# RE3-5050-M12 for sports and R36-5001-M12 for HD.

There are plenty of write ups if you search for them. it's actually pretty easy.

I must not have been clear. I know how to replace the insert. However, the insert, shown below, slides up and down inside of the strut body. I'm wondering if the bushing that the insert rides in is replaceable.

Old 12-14-2009, 08:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
sudo apt-get purge 930

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdawson2 View Post
I must not have been clear. I know how to replace the insert. However, the insert, shown below, slides up and down inside of the strut body. I'm wondering if the bushing that the insert rides in is replaceable.

Sorry. Yes, it is replaceable but I think you have to order from Bilstein.

"Worrying about depreciation on your car and keeping mileage down is like not ****ing your girlfriend so her next boyfriend finds her more appealing"
--clutch-monkey
Old 12-14-2009, 08:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Found something.... this is what I'm talking about:

Bilstein play?

Anyone ever done this or know of a source for the bushings?
Old 12-14-2009, 11:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: