Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Exhaust ??

Hello to you. Is B & B exhaust for 930 3.3 a good investment, some of you who have experience with this brand ??

Greetings John
Old 12-16-2009, 06:15 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
Turbo Hooligan

I think the general consensus is that their headers are a good quality product, but their mufflers are somewhat restrictive. I think most people have migrated to a rarlyl8 muffler or a straight through borla/magnaflow type. just my .02
I run a zork. she sounds so much better uncorked.
hey I made a rhyme!

All these guys do is drive too fast, work on cars, chase ******* and drink.. really no fun at all...
Old 12-16-2009, 06:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
E-85 sippin drunk

I would not buy a B&B exhaust at all. I have had a set of thier headers, and a set of GHL headers... The GHL's were far better than the B&B's. And the mufflers??? Wayy too much resonance at certain RPM's, so much so, you cant even talk sometimes. I would say, check out Rarly8 on here.... He has a set of equal length headers, made from 321 SS, and would perfom better on your car. I think they are even cheaper than the B&B's.

Now, if you are thinking of buying used, well then, all bets are off. Get the best deal that you can. The B&B is certainly better than the stock stuff.
Brad...930 gt-1 racecar, increased displacement to 3.6L, JB racing Cylinders, JE 8 to1 pistons, stroked crank, Carrillo rods, extrudehoned 3.2L intake, full bay Bell I/C, GT-2 EVO cams, Rarly8 headers, GTX-35RS turbo, twin plug, P&P heads, Link G4 EFi system, G-50/50 with LTD slip and oil squirters/oil cooler, zork tube, full race coilover system, with carbon fiber body, full cage, E-85 sippin drunk
Old 12-16-2009, 07:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Boost Abuser

+1 for Rarlyl8
Old 12-16-2009, 07:49 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

If buying them new, no they are not a good investment. They are way overpriced and from what I've heard here their customer service is not good.
I have them with heat and their single out muffler because they were on the car when I bought it.

I've had no problems with them at all, so I'd say if you want short tube headers with heat and find a used set in good condition for a good price than they might be a good buy.

The B&B single out muffler I have has no resonance at all but maybe the louder dual out does.

If the single out muffler is too quiet and too restrictive you can cut it open and have the baffles cut out and weld it back up.

I'm looking forward to hearing how Brian's headers perform when someone gets a set mounted on their engine and dyno tests them.
They look really good and are made from good material so they may be the best system you can buy new.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
I agree with most of what has been said here. My car had the B&B headers with heat and the single outlet exhaust when I purchased it. I've not had any appreciable resonance problems and the sound is not objectionable. After my recent engine rebuild, I had them put back on, after my Porsche mechanic told me they were in good shape. He did say that he has seen a number of B&B systems with cracking problems, however. When my system fails, I'd like to try one of RarlyL8's complete systems with heat. I'm anxious for feedback from others who try out his headers with heat when they become available.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)
R.I.P.

I have the B&B headers and used to have the dual outlet muffler. That muffler is unbearable at highway speed but the headers have given me no trouble.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

I got a used set of the B&B headers as a package deal on some engine parts. I've had no problem with them, but I built my own muffler system.
58 DKW Universal - Baby Crap Yellow/Beige (sold)
Old 12-17-2009, 03:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

+2 for RarlyL8, very nice exhaust systems, very nice work, Brian Bodart is a very nice guy who knows what he's talking about.

rarlyl8.com

Best regards
Jesper

aka The Beauty and the Beast
Old 12-18-2009, 12:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
Wo ist die Rennstrecke?

How many actual headers made by Rarelyl8 are actually out there now? Might be interesting to hear some feedback on fit, power, finish, longevity.
Old 12-18-2009, 04:03 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Crotchety Old Bastard

Garage
We've completed 3 production runs and I've filled orders for the next. One installation is being documented live here on the board (sure hope THAT one goes well, ha!). Others have gone to folks that don't regularly post.
Longevity feedback won't be seen for some time of course and I appreciate the support in light of that fact.
The engineering, welding method and materials we employ are identical to those used in the aircraft industry; a much higher standard than typical mass produced systems. My warranty includes replacement for materials defect.

To directly answer John's question I believe that B&B, Fabspeed, etc are all decent investments as their names are popular. Modding these cars is common and any mod already done is money saved by the next owner. Just keep your stock parts and you'll have your bases covered.
Old 12-18-2009, 08:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: