Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garret TURBO OIL BUILD UP

Hi all i would appreciate help after trying everything to stop oil getting sucked up into the intercooler (of a C2) i have a 3.3 with garret turbo the 3rd one direct from garret turbo factory.

I have restricted the oil supply line to 3mm & also removed the ball bearing at the engines outlet where the round original connecter was, it did produce much less oil being pumped up into the intercooler but there is still a film of oil at the top of the tubo tubing that connects to the intercooler, & quite a fair bit always within the base of the TURBO.

I have also modified the scavenge tank oil pickup to always be at the utmost lowest point of the tank, & the pickup pump at the back of the camshaft i have drilled a hole about 3 inches down from the oil tanks filler cap having the oil flow back down into the original 79 oil tank & still no luck.

I would appreciate if some one has any other ideas to stop this happeining as it does of course decrease air flow mix as oil is sucked also into intake manifold.

Thanks
Frank
Old 01-02-2010, 07:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Infidel

Do you get white smoke on start up which eventually burns off? If so there is a none return oil line the 993tt guys use, it prevents oil pooling up in the turbo, i think they are standard fitment on the 996, i have them on mine and i get no puff off smoke on start up.

They look like this, see the bottom right hand corner of the pic there's a virtical braided oil line that turn 180-degrees back down into a hard oil line? It might work for you

87 930, 993 turbo engine, RS Tuning 520PS/515lbf-ft, Arrow Rods, ARP hardware, Solid lifters, G50-50, RS Flywheel, 890nm Sachs clutch, RSR coil overs all round, 993 C4 calipers front, 930 fronts on the rear, Ruf Speedlines.....
Old 540 BMW, XB12S Modified, for being a total hooligan
Old 01-02-2010, 07:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: