Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Fun Video

Not sure if this has been posted here before, but there are worse ways to waste 5 min of your time

I only wish Jeremy would keep his wankerisms to himself so we could hear more of the 3.4. Whats suprising though is that he actually liked an aircooled porsche. Also like the fact that he mentioned the quality of the ruf conversion, I've always liked how they built their power with longevity and reliability in mind.

YouTube - Callaway Corvette vs RUF Porsche 911 by Jeremy Clarkson
Old 12-23-2009, 08:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Can't stand the guy, think he's a *******.

Merry Christmas everyone

Best regards
Jesper

aka The Beauty and the Beast
Old 12-23-2009, 09:29 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
I've seen that before, Clarkson always bashes the 911 for certain reasons, but then compliments it for all the right ones. I find it amusing.
Old 12-23-2009, 10:12 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sick 930 View Post
I've seen that before, Clarkson always bashes the 911 for certain reasons, but then compliments it for all the right ones. I find it amusing.
Instead of being charmed by the 930 quirks, he just hates on the quirks that make the car what it is.
Old 12-23-2009, 03:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Some quotes from the video: Sounds like he was generally quite impressed, but hated to admit it.

"...how to get a 911 around a corner when it's going about 25 times faster than you want it to"

"Krikey-Moses, that's some big big power in there"

"You've got time between puting your foot down and anything happening to read a book"

"I know it's polite...to look at the camera when addressing an audience...but I'm sorry, there just isn't time! What a car...!"

"Holy cow this is quick!"

"Perhaps the most amazing thing...this car is 11 years old and 52,000 miles...this feels like it was made yesterday"

"This is a 911 I like...oh yes, oh yes".

And for the Vette:

"It sounds like someone's using a lavatory in the neighboring room"

"Callaway has taken a bad car, and made it fast..and very very skittish"
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 12-23-2009, 05:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

That guy needs to get his facts straight- he wasnt driving a Yellowbird with twin turbos- that particular model was simply a worked 930 with CIS- meaning single turbo. Somebody who knows more please comment- wasnt that a BTR? BTR wasnt the fastest car in the world back then- wasnt nothing to laugh at, but it wasnt the fastest.
2008 C6/Z51 Corvette
Old 12-23-2009, 09:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)
Infidel

I think it must have been a CTR conversion? I doubt he'd have got his facts that far out?

Clarkson hates 911's, he's always been a Ferrari guy, nothing wrong with that as everyone is intitled to an opinion........it's just that his opinion is wrong
87 930, 993 turbo engine, RS Tuning 520PS/515lbf-ft, Arrow Rods, ARP hardware, Solid lifters, G50-50, RS Flywheel, 890nm Sachs clutch, RSR coil overs all round, 993 C4 calipers front, 930 fronts on the rear, Ruf Speedlines.....
Old 540 BMW, XB12S Modified, for being a total hooligan
Old 12-24-2009, 01:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbl930 View Post

clarkson hates 911's, he's always been a ferrari guy, nothing wrong with that as everyone is intitled to an opinion........it's just that his opinion is wrong
+1
Old 12-24-2009, 04:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Yeah I think even he doesnt believe half the @#%^ he says...he knows how to make his money.

Any ways, hope everyone has a safe and happy xmas. Maybe Ill get a 930 under the xmas tree this year, even if its the 1:18 version!
Old 12-24-2009, 08:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: