Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Do Not Do Business with Joe Campisi

Hello All,

I won an ebay auction for a 3.3 turbo engine from Joe Campisi.

He welched on the deal. He requested a cancellation, with the reason that he "sold it to someone else".

No returned calls or emails to this guy.

Avoid him at all cost.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all,

Roger Davidson (RRD)
Old 12-24-2009, 08:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
Was this the posting for the motor that was Motronic, had the full bay cooler and posting had a video, closed at $10K plus?
Old 12-24-2009, 09:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Do Not Buy from Joe Campisi

That's the one.

It was Joe Campisi's no reserve auction.

I was the winning bidder.

He would not sell the item.

If he wanted the item to be subject to a prior sale, or a minimum reserve, he could have made his auction in that manner.

He chose not to, and made it a no reserve regular straight-up auction.

Those were his terms, not those of any bidders.

He refused all emails, and would not talk to me on the telephone.

He appears to be an experienced Ebay seller.

He just wouldn't honor his own deal. Some people won't.

I'm just posting this so everyone knows how he operates.

RRD
Old 12-24-2009, 09:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

eBay sucks, but file a complaint. Maybe it will ding his rating at the least.
Old 12-24-2009, 09:42 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Joe is a real prize

Here's another link to this guy where three of us tried to buy his tires and rims, one had a deal I think, and he raised his price a thousand dollars...

Real honest sort

16 Inch Turbo Fuch tires and Wheels
'07 Honda Pilot
'13 Mini Countryman
Old 12-24-2009, 10:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
When that auction first posted I emailed and asked the details of the turbo and CAC. He wrote back and told me he hadn't yet decided what he would put on the auction engine. What?

I knew right then he was a scamster. I also noticed my question was not listed on the posting, guess he decided that may throw off bidders. It also looked like shilling going on.

He has too many auctions on eBay to get away with this. You should definitely file a protest.

Last edited by copbait73; 12-26-2009 at 06:01 PM..
Old 12-24-2009, 11:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to sprbxr
Maybe I got lucky but I had a decent experience when I bought some stuff from him.
Old 12-24-2009, 11:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by copbait73 View Post
He has too many auctions on eBay to get away with this. You should definitely file a protest.
I really don't think eBay are too interested, unfortunately. I won a CDI from a scum-sucker on Ebay and paid within 30 minutes - weeks later he'd never followed through - re-listed the item, which sold for the same (low) price to someone else - who probably never got it either. eBay pretty much did jack.

As your guy is a registered user here, you'd probably have better results posting in the Pelican "Seller Feedback Thread" - especially with a link to the "wheel" thread.
Old 12-26-2009, 01:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Well guys, eBay is only as good as the people that lurk there...some of which are indeed scum. I've been fortunate with 256 purchases and no rip-offs yet. It has been a tremendous resource for hard to find stuff, and my 930 has benefitted many times.
Report the bad apples, post on every forum you can think of....and all they have to do is open a new account. About your only recourse is to find out where they live and pay someone to firebomb them....figuritively speaking, of course. I would NEVER consider such retribution, because it would be too gentle. We don't need no stinkin' scum buckets around here.

Joe, if you're listening, honesty and integrity are the best policy. Do your research before setting a price, and honor it once established. Simple.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.

Last edited by mark houghton; 12-26-2009 at 03:24 PM..
Old 12-26-2009, 03:18 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: