Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie's.930 View Post
That's good to read, Mark - very cool project that I have followed from the start! One question: did you notice any increase in off throttle "popping and crackling" with your newly routed decel valve? I removed mine about six months ago when it failed and the increase in decel noise is quite pronouned . . .
Nope, no popping increases. Actually, I've never had much popping anyway.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 02-21-2010, 02:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Mac Gyver,

Way to go !!!!!!! Great job and a really beneficial Thread for others.

The Colester !!!
Mods: TurboKraft Custom IC, 934 Headers, GSX 61, Zork, Port Work, SC Cams, Air Mod Fuel Dist Relocated, Water Meth Injection, BL WUR, MSD 6530, Greddy EBC, Synapse Bov, Short 2nd & 3rd with 8:37 R&P, Wevo Shifter, Coupling, and Mounts, MTX-L SSI-4, Big Brakes, Rebel Coilovers, Bilstein Sports.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie's.930 View Post
That's good to read, Mark - very cool project that I have followed from the start! One question: did you notice any increase in off throttle "popping and crackling" with your newly routed decel valve? I removed mine about six months ago when it failed and the increase in decel noise is quite pronouned . . .
sometimes adding a smaller second blow off valve venting to atmosphere with CIS will lessen popping on decel. It mostly depends on your fuel head and how it's adjusted.

A much prettier and cheaper alternative to the $400 something origonal deceleration valve that should be about $17.95 at the most is, go to ebay and do a search with "blow off valve" and you could spend the next week looking through them all....

There are some nice looking chinese made cast aluminum, brass piston, adjustable boost level blow off valves for around $25 on up.

If you go that route and I would check out the 19mm blow adjustable blow off valves for a deceleration valve replacement, reform...

This one is 19mm and cast aluminum and the air outlets could be aimed down to keep rainwater out and... well it might just work, lol..
Adjustable Polished Turbo Blow Off Valve Dual Horn New : eBay Motors (item 250345571548 end time Mar-14-10 19:50:18 PDT)

Another adjustable 19mm..
VW JETTA GOLF 1.8T ADJUSTABLE BLOW OFF VALVE "BLUE" BOV : eBay Motors (item 230386195522 end time Mar-07-10 16:30:29 PST)
Old 02-21-2010, 07:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: