Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

CIS fuel distribuitor DYI rebuild.

Found a wright up on how to rebuild your own CIS Fuel Distributor.

Also has info on testing Fuel Pump quantity, System Pressure and Control Pressure.

Has good picture of the metering slits, springs around the internal orifices, and a peak at the insides.

Only weakness is it dose not address verifying balanced flows afterwords. This is a keep point. If it is a non adjustable head, it would mean taking it apart and playing with the shims.

Makes me wonder about modifying the control slits (extend, broaden, or taper cut).

Also wonder about reaming the internal orifices?

Head is from a 928 but still is s good read.

http://www.porsche928forums.com/download/manuals/CISRebuild.pdf
Old 01-04-2010, 01:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

You really need to change your screen name to '911cis'.....
Old 01-04-2010, 02:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

I love CIS!

Last edited by 911st; 01-04-2010 at 02:14 PM..
Old 01-04-2010, 02:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Good find and read

Cheers!!
"92" 964 turbo,Modified and recently rebuilt using all ARP hardware..
Purpose built fuel controller set up to acheive perfect fuel curve on CIS inj.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Here's some more links on bosch Kontinuierlich Jetronic system.

The first one has good pics, it's a 6 port fuel head from an SC instead of an 8 port fuel head origonally cast for a V8 Mercedes like the 930 fuel distributor but they are very similar so that doesn't matter as far as becoming familiar with the internal parts by picture...
It also shows another reason the cast aluminum USA fuel distributor is superior to the cast iron 76-79 and rest of world fuel heads - cast iron rusts when there is water in your fuel faster than aluminum will corrode.
CIS fuel distributer cleanout w/pics

CIS Flowtech modified fuel head website. This is the place that made the imagine auto modified fuel heads.
CISFLOWTECH

Mor CIS information links..
Porsche Parts-Special T auto.com,Porsche CIS fuel injection parts, fuel distributors, warm up regulators-
Auto-Solve Diagnostic Assistance
K-Jet Resources - aussiefrogs
Porsche Fuel Distributors
CIS Primer for the Porsche 911

I've been told the flowtech modified fuel heads have the 6 metering slits in the control plunger cylinder CNC enlarged.
I believe the width of the metering slits are tapered wider towards the top to flow more fuel mostly at high rpms but I don't know and the guy that builds them keeps that a secret.
I could take the control plunger cylinder out of one of my 2 flowtech M007 fuel heads and measure the metering slits for taper but I havn't done that.

The lambda frequency valve is removed and the lower chamber fitting gets a threaded plug.

I've also been told the USA fuel head gets the internal fuel passageways from the metering slits to the 6 individual injector flow adjusters in the upper chamber side of the differential valves machined larger, and the 6 seperate 3mm spring tension adjustments under the 4mm button head caps screws are turned clockwise to increase and also equalize fuel flow to the injectors.

I've read that the USA modified fuel head can be setup to flow more fuel than a modified euro head.
I can only guess why and my guess is because the aluminum USA fuel head can be CNC machined easily because it's made of relatively soft aluminum while the cast iron euro fuel head material may be too hard for the CNC machineing process flowtech uses... but thats ONLY a guess.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

JF,

Wow! Great into again!

The USA Lambda heads are designed for more range of differantial pressures that came with the addation of a frequency valve.

I do not know if they changed the membrane between the upper and lower or something else.

I have emails into Special T and Flowtech to see if they know anything about the injectors becoming a limitation.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Dose anyone have acces to WUR control pressure (s), and system pressures for a 90-93 3.3 Turbo AND the 3.6 Turbo?

Wonder what the variations are.

Some WUR reference info stolen from here elsewhere:

Old 01-04-2010, 03:50 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

+1

Great info you posted there JF.....Nobody can never have too much info in my opinion..Cheers!!
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

On the CISFLOWTECH site click FAQ's and there is some good stuff on testing K and KE Jetronic.
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

hope yous can make out data in pics!
First pic is info on 964t 3.3

second one is for 964t 3.6

Old 01-04-2010, 04:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

After a quick look!
It appears the only real difference is a less reduction to the fuel enrichment control pressure on a 3.6...This may give us some hint to differences to other components on the 3.6 to the 3.3...
If all components were like for like(which obviously they are not) between the 2 models in theory you would reckon it would be the higher powered 3.6 that required the further reduction to its enrichment pressure.

Last edited by stup; 01-04-2010 at 04:22 PM..
Old 01-04-2010, 04:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: