Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFairman View Post
yeah i've tried tooo.. they won't send me a password, guess i'm not enough of a player..

pelican is all around WAY better anyway.
Jim, dont be so hard on yourself or us brother That was a little harsh.

As Gabe and i have said from the beginning, we never had any intention of FG competing with Pelican... who can? We are following a different path, that's all.

And FWIW, the Pelican that we love so much today has taken 10 years to get where it is... we have just been around a little over 2 months.

As for the helmet and tech inspection issue, as long as you have a closed faced helmet, i am sure they are not going to check very closely, same goes for the tech sheet. Hell, just have any local shop guy that you or Frank know perfunctorily sign off on it. It's not going to be a hardcore track experience or inpection like at SCCA or NASA events.

Would hate to see u not out on the track Friday nite because of this.
1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 02-23-2010, 01:38 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #201 (permalink)
R.I.P.

full face helmet? crap, i've got 2 open face. When you wear glasses those closed face helmets are a *****. I'm having the race shop next door "approve" my car for track use.
Old 02-23-2010, 02:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #202 (permalink)
Eye of the Toiger

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by juicersr View Post
Guys, we are getting CLOBBERED with about 50 spams a day on our site. Gabe is having a lot of difficulty sifting through who is real and who is not. We apologize if you got 'zapped' but u have no idea what a jungle it is out there when u are trying to start up a new website.

Please send an email to either Gabriel or myself with your screen name/ email and we will hook u in.
That's fair enough, spammers suck, but I did specify that I was a pelican member.

I'm interested in the FG forum cause it looks specific to turbo charging, having been a NA porsche guys for years I want to take in as much as I can about Turbos, although I own other supercharged cars, I know sweet FA about turbos

1973 911 RSR clone powered by 77 3.0 turbo
Old 02-23-2010, 02:27 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #203 (permalink)

Well, my biggest client just called and booked me for a 2 day editorial shoot thursday and friday that I can't reschedule or turn down, so I probably won't be free friday till sometime around 5, and then it takes a while to get out there but if I can do it with my old snell 85 full face motorcycle helmet and whatever I come up with for ~ tech inspection stamp, I want to.

I'm working saturday night, and sunday I'm tentatively working at the Omphoy beach hotel until 3pm.
That one isn't confirmed yet but when I know I'll let you know because it overlaps the Gunnar Racing visit.

You can call Kevin Jeanette at Gunnar Racing, 561 844 8482.
He knows about our visit and you could arrange to go there without me or before I can get there... or maybe they will still be there around 4pm that sunday.
Old 02-23-2010, 02:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #204 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Well, my biggest client just called and booked me for a 2 day editorial shoot thursday and friday that I can't reschedule or turn down, so I probably won't be free friday till sometime around 5, and then it takes a while to get out there but if I can do it with my old snell 85 full face motorcycle helmet and whatever I come up with for ~ tech inspection stamp, I want to.

I'm working saturday night, and sunday I'm tentatively working at the Omphoy beach hotel until 3pm.
That one isn't confirmed yet but when I know I'll let you know because it overlaps the Gunnar Racing visit.

You can call Kevin Jeanette at Gunnar Racing, 561 844 8482.
He knows about our visit and you could arrange to go there without me or before I can get there... or maybe they will still be there around 4pm that sunday.
Damn Jim, that sux, we'll all miss u this weekend, but i understand work comes first. Thanks a million for setting up the visit to Gunnar Racing. Keep us posted.
1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 02-23-2010, 03:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #205 (permalink)

Location: Reno NV, Bay Area during most weeks,, Kids still in NH
Send a message via AIM to 9dreizig
Quote:
yeah i've tried tooo.. they won't send me a password, guess i'm not enough of a player..

pelican is all around WAY better anyway.
Hey Jim I wouldn't worry about it.. All these guys do is drive too fast, work on cars, chase ******* and drink.. really no fun at all...
91 Spec Miata (yeah I race a chick car)
"life"ll kill ya" Warren Zevon
Old 02-23-2010, 06:39 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #206 (permalink)

Location: Reno NV, Bay Area during most weeks,, Kids still in NH
Send a message via AIM to 9dreizig
Quote:
Originally Posted by juicersr View Post
LOL Todd, u should have seen us in the morning....

As for the windshield banner, this one is from the very first 'test' batch of decals, and was put on the car this morning. No worries, they will be up for sale on the FG website shortly, along with side window decal

BTW, didja get those FG hoodies made by your guy?

As for 'Summerpalooza' 2010, the impeller blades are already turning regarding date and location... Vegas has not been ruled out, but if u got any juice at either the Foundation room or V-bar, i'm ready to commit right now!!!
Justin, have been swamped so haven't gotten to the hoody guy yet..
Why not a sprinpalooza and fallpalooza ?? IF we do April/May in Vegas weather will be perfect and there's a bunch of OT guys that might show up too (our kind of guys)
How soon on the banner? I'm good for one ASAP!!
91 Spec Miata (yeah I race a chick car)
"life"ll kill ya" Warren Zevon
Old 02-23-2010, 06:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #207 (permalink)
Blackbird Pilot

Jim - I approved your application as soon as I got it, but between wrenching on the Blackbird and travelling from Afghanistan its been 3 days since I had approved memberships and had to sort through 346 new registrations to approve 2.

Matty - PM me the username you want and i'll hook you up with an account, sorry I zapped you but its happened to a few others. I do it by researching IP addresses etc.

Now - here's how you do a freaking intercooler:

....intercooler - this is how you do it...take notes

Wing in paint prep & primer

this is an intercooler duct...

R tail lights - go ahead...talk *****...i dare you

Welding action
Old 02-23-2010, 08:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #208 (permalink)
Turbo Hooligan

Quote:
Originally Posted by krasuskyp View Post
Hey Todd good to hear from ya. Sorry to hear about yer hip - yeowzers! Old man! 8-)

Hall pass? Sheeet. It was all good until SOMEONE'S CAR went and f'd the pooch and complicated thangs 8-).

I went down to cover J & G's cars for an upcoming European Car Magazine article I'm writing, so that helped w/ the hall pass mightily heh heh. Stay tooned!

Petey / J - I forgot about this gem too... bwaHA! Poor bride hahahahhaaha. Musta been the coat? DAYUM was I hawwwwt in that thing!

I didn't know we were with a bachelorette party, when was this picture taken?

All these guys do is drive too fast, work on cars, chase ******* and drink.. really no fun at all...
Old 02-23-2010, 08:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #209 (permalink)
Blackbird Pilot

Fire...that's what beer is for...

Thinking with our a$$es

Why i'm not approving memberships.........
Old 02-23-2010, 08:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #210 (permalink)

Garage
Fcuk yeah guys. Bang that beyotch out!!!!

Amazing how beer keeps you going, the true elixir of life.

Keep up the good work, u got all of here sending positive waves. God knows i would be there if it weren't for this pesky thing called a job that gets in the way of fun.

Pete - I think we were with a LOT of parties, LOL

Paul k - Got the call today bro, European Car wants to shoot on the weekend after Palm Beach. Can u smell what the Paul K's got coooking? Schwiinnggg!
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 02-23-2010, 08:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #211 (permalink)

Garage
You guys are too funny! The Zuffen guys must really like to have you guys and Gabe's car around. Kinda remind me of the days back in late '70's and early 80's when I worked at a gas station.

Gabe,
My username at FG is MikeD930. Not sure if you approved or not. No hurry to approve though! Wait until your car is done then you can approve.

Oh, nevermind Gabe. Just logged on to FG. Checked out PM and got a notice that I have a virus on my computer? I think it's the internet filtering/security program I have in place.

Last edited by MikeD930; 02-24-2010 at 04:25 AM..
Old 02-24-2010, 04:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #212 (permalink)

R.I.P.

no, it's the virus... don't go near your PM box
Old 02-24-2010, 07:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #213 (permalink)

That virus has been floating around the net for a couple months now. If you click on it it will install in your machine.

X out of it, and the safest way to get out of it is alt+F4 on the keyboard to close the browser window it's in.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:44 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #214 (permalink)
R.I.P.

Jim, Looks like tech in for friday night is between 5-5.30pm... I'll be hard pressed to make it by then myself but i'm hoping they let us squeeze in last minute. Hope to see you there.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #215 (permalink)

Schweeeeet!
RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!
Old 02-24-2010, 07:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #216 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmatera View Post
Still having problems with my machine
Old 02-24-2010, 08:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #217 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmatera View Post
Quote:
That virus has been floating around the net for a couple months now. If you click on it it will install in your machine.

X out of it, and the safest way to get out of it is alt+F4 on the keyboard to close the browser window it's in.
I have not clicked on any links in the spammed mail in the PM. Is that where the virus comes from? I'll delete those spammed mails now...sorry for hijacking.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #218 (permalink)
R.I.P.

I found two different programs that seem to work pretty well at finding and removing crap like that.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware &
SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition (looks like a hokie site but the free software works great)

I run both programs once a week.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #219 (permalink)
R.I.P.

i just left mine alone, not even opening my PM box
Old 02-24-2010, 08:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #220 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: