Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
OK. Here's what I found in my PM box at FG. I took a snap shot then deleted the PM's. I already deleted several other PM's earlier this morning before taking a snap shot. Anyway here's one that looks legit but it's obviously not. Look at the Sender's names (BestForumTeam and ForumTeam) and being a "Guest". Both are identical PM.

Gabe,
It's too bad you have to deal with spammers. Perhaps you could set up your site so that only way for people to become members is to be "sponsored" by existing members.

Here are the pics.

Old 02-24-2010, 10:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #221 (permalink)

Garage
Spoke with Aaron this am... they are all exhausted but the light is at the end of the tunnel. Car gets sprayed today, and motor tuning started. If anyone here is in the biomedical field, he says he could use a clone about now....
1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 02-24-2010, 10:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #222 (permalink)
Turbo Hooligan

for a vague update, body in Black today, engine in car tonight, car on dyno tomorrow, car on track Friday....In the mean time, Gabe and I had to worry about more important matters such as we needed a temporary ultimate bier wagen since blackie is under construction, luckily we found a suitable candidate.

All these guys do is drive too fast, work on cars, chase ******* and drink.. really no fun at all...
Old 02-24-2010, 03:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #223 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkracer21j View Post
for a vague update, body in Black today, engine in car tonight, car on dyno tomorrow, car on track Friday....In the mean time, Gabe and I had to worry about more important matters such as we needed a temporary ultimate bier wagen since blackie is under construction, luckily we found a suitable candidate.
well done fellas! note to self: must keep pete and gabe around for times when i am in a pinch!

pcb
Old 02-24-2010, 03:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #224 (permalink)
R.I.P.

damn, and somewhere in there is a 9 hour drive to Palm Beach...

BTW-who spilled all the cocaine out there? Normally around here you only see it in night clubs and out behind Outback Steakhouse in the employee parking area.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #225 (permalink)
Blackbird Pilot

Today's progress:

Welding Base Plates

Welding Sub Strap Mounts:

Discussing Paint Tactics

In Primer

Going for final

Painting

Done

More pics tomorrow - made motor mounts & a host of other things today so...i'm beat.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #226 (permalink)

Nice!!!!!Great job burning the midnight oil.....
Old 02-25-2010, 06:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #227 (permalink)

driving down yet? I got home from a date tuesday night. it was running fine, wednesday morning it wouldnt start. Needed a new alternator so got that done today. time serted all the bolt holes in the recirc valve. time serted the trasmision mount bolt holes which were in pretty bad shape from dropping the engine so much. Running good found an air leak so it's not so lean but still didn't get the WUR adjusted. so tomorrow it's wash and wax then start driving norht around noon.
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 02-25-2010, 09:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #228 (permalink)
Eye of the Toiger

Garage
love the tractor wheels that car is awesome, you should show it at CEMA

1973 911 RSR clone powered by 77 3.0 turbo
Old 02-25-2010, 10:14 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #229 (permalink)

Garage

After having an intermittent throttle input issue that sidelined me from taking the car to Charlotte last weekend, which i thought was a faulty WB 02 sensor, just before we were going to load her up in the trailer yesterday, she starting developing the same problem again, and then proceded to take almost no throttle at all. We checked all of the TEC GT parameters, perfect tune. She was getting fire. The summit racing inline fuel pressure gauge read a good 60psi that only flucutated marginally with throttle. We were worried about $hit in the tank, so drained the tank and replaced the fuel and filter. Still acting like fuel delivery issues. Replaced injectors... still no dice. I arrived at the shop after work at 8pm last nite and maybe being of more fresh a mind than my shop guy (who had been working frantically all day on her, as he was also trailering her to palm beach) i decided to hook up a standard diagnostic fuel gauge to the Carrera rail access nippple.... fuel pressure was dramatically dropping with throttle input.. #$%^& POS Summit racing inline gauge had been inaccurate and we had been chasing our tails all day when Fuel pressure issues were the culprit all along. The pump is a Bosch 44 which is only about a year old!!!!!!!!!... need some input from you guys about bullet-proof fuel delivery, see new thread.

So at 10pm last nite, with no possibility of getting a new pump in time to make it down there, we threw in the towel on getting her down there this weekend

Good news is, i am still coming, but won't be there for the track nite, as my early private flight got cancelled due to mechanical issues on the plane (imagine that) but i had a back-up commercial flight that gets in at 11:30pm tonight.

It is what it is.

Have fun at the track tonight guys, i'll c u sat morning. Looking forward to meeting all u guys.
1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 02-26-2010, 03:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #230 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
ohhh fawwwwwwwwk dude - that so beyond bites! 044's aren't known for early failures

lame lame LAME

sorry to hear that me brutha - sheeet, suddenly that makes it's no-sho for our driving shennanigans last weekend rather trivial (which it ended up being muwhahaha).

Couldn't believe it on the plane! Petey told me last night. I told him heck better no earl pressure NOW than at - well - 10,000'(!!!).

Regardless - major bummage.

Somehow, someway, you'll manage another epic adventure fersure - par / course me friend. Ya'll guys have some rip roarin fun down thar, hear? Make us proud...

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 02-26-2010, 06:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #231 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper930 View Post
Today's progress:

Welding Base Plates
Welding Sub Strap Mounts:
Discussing Paint Tactics
In Primer
Going for final
Painting
Done

...i'm beat.
This is the stuff of great reality shows. Maybe it's not too late to set up a camera so we can follow the action in real time.
Is there a camera mount on the roll bar for the Cannon Ball like run to FL?
Old 02-26-2010, 09:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #232 (permalink)
R.I.P.

Hell, we could have rounded you up an 044 pump. But last minute fixes usually end up going badly
Old 02-26-2010, 09:30 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #233 (permalink)

Fuel Pump King in Miami has 3 of them at $118 each on ebay.
PORSCHE 0580254044 FUEL PUMP 911.928,930 : eBay Motors (item 370270914849 end time Mar-05-10 05:17:44 PST)
Old 02-26-2010, 09:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #234 (permalink)

Garage
you guys are letting down........... after all that work I will bring that **Itch in a tow truck if I had too !
Old 02-26-2010, 10:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #235 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFairman View Post
Jim, thanks for that, just ordered two of those M-F (those prices rock)... not gonna have this crap happen again.

Matera, i debated about this, but Shawn and i decided that a parking lot tune with untested pumps and new injectors followed by track time would not be the smartest thing to do. Nothing worse than coming home from an event with a blown motor that was entirely preventable.

Juan, those guys are working away like mad... we'll see.

C all u guys in the am unless u are up for a late nite beer with Frank and i I'll be the one rolling up in the $hitty #$%^ rental
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 02-26-2010, 11:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #236 (permalink)
R.I.P.

11:30 flight? Should we have a caravan of 930's buzz thru PBIA and pick you up gangsta style...?

I agree with you, rushing usually turns out bad. I'm just dissapointed I won't get to see your car.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #237 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by drmatera View Post
11:30 flight? Should we have a caravan of 930's buzz thru PBIA and pick you up gangsta style...?

I agree with you, rushing usually turns out bad. I'm just dissapointed I won't get to see your car.
Ha, that would be cool, but i think you guys are going to be enjoying the post-track festivities too much and i will just plan on joining up wherever. Thanks
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 02-26-2010, 11:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #238 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by juicersr View Post
C all u guys in the am unless u are up for a late nite beer with Frank and i I'll be the one rolling up in the $hitty #$%^ rental
No good reason why that rental shouldn't get a wringing out. Many memories of rental car racing while on the road.

You haven't done it right if a tow truck isn't required to return it.
Old 02-26-2010, 04:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #239 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

Rent the Shelby Mustang and track that B*tch!
Old 02-26-2010, 06:51 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #240 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: