Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Infidel

That Gunner shop looks great, what a great place to spend some time! And an even cooler place to have worked, lucky guy Mr Fairman!

I've just noticed that Bello's car has a sunroof, i'm amazed that doesn't fly out when he's on his high speed runs! A few have had issues on high speed runs in the UK, one 993 turbo had it blow right out of the car at 190mph, another had it almost come out. I saw mine had risen up a bit after a run below 190, i doubt it would stand up to 200
87 930, 993 turbo engine, RS Tuning 520PS/515lbf-ft, Arrow Rods, ARP hardware, Solid lifters, G50-50, RS Flywheel, 890nm Sachs clutch, RSR coil overs all round, 993 C4 calipers front, 930 fronts on the rear, Ruf Speedlines.....
Old 540 BMW, XB12S Modified, for being a total hooligan
Old 03-03-2010, 12:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #301 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBL930 View Post
I've just noticed that Bello's car has a sunroof, i'm amazed that doesn't fly out when he's on his high speed runs! A few have had issues on high speed runs in the UK, one 993 turbo had it blow right out of the car at 190mph, another had it almost come out. I saw mine had risen up a bit after a run below 190, i doubt it would stand up to 200
Actually it did blow off Jon on his record run... watch the first part of this video. not sure why he keeps it.

1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 03-03-2010, 12:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #302 (permalink)

Garage
It won't fly now that is welded from the inside next carbon fiber roof

This is really it "Bello is simply relentless" it is basically unreal
Old 03-03-2010, 12:53 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #303 (permalink)

Here's a few snaps from Flagler drive as the rain was starting on sunday.

Ken's chickmagnet targa in the foreground, then Darrin's car, Bello's car, Juan's car, and Frank's beautiful silver 930

some more...

A couple a friend took of my car on friday night at the track before our session.
Darrin, or drmattera is in front of me in the white 930.

and for those that might think the girls around here aren't hot, some of my friends...
Old 03-03-2010, 12:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #304 (permalink)

Justin and Frank... and, Monika.

and Monika at night...
Old 03-03-2010, 01:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #305 (permalink)
Infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFairman View Post
and for those that might think the girls around here aren't hot, some of my friends...
Now we're talking, much better than the swamp donkey's with the silly wigs!

I guess it was obvious Bello must have welded that sunroof in there, that car never ceases to amaze me, over 220mph in a mile, from a standing start.... It's mind boggling!
Juan, how many times has his engine been apart since that vid of him on the dyno a year or so ago? I know the guy can probably strip and rebuild the thing with his feet, over night most likely! But how many sets of heads, rods, cranks, pistons and cylinders etc has he devoured in his high speed quests with that particular car?
I'm just curious about the sacrifices he has to make for that kind of brute force! I bet the whole crank case contorts and breathes! I also wouldn't be surprised if he was still getting wheel spin up above 160mph
87 930, 993 turbo engine, RS Tuning 520PS/515lbf-ft, Arrow Rods, ARP hardware, Solid lifters, G50-50, RS Flywheel, 890nm Sachs clutch, RSR coil overs all round, 993 C4 calipers front, 930 fronts on the rear, Ruf Speedlines.....
Old 03-03-2010, 04:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #306 (permalink)

Damn man, are those your daughters? Just f*cking with you...
Quote:
2008 C6/Z51 Corvette
Old 03-03-2010, 05:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #307 (permalink)

Garage
Since I joined his camp

1- Crack cylinder head- caused by a virus in the software of a new map with the old ECU that damaged a few things but nothing major.

2- Crankshaft no work at all done to it.

3- Broken piston rings (2 of them) -caused by a hose coming off and over boost

4- Turbos- caused by a restriction from a damaged oil supply line

Besides those the rest is intact, it is really remarkable not what you will expect, the car will spin the tires the entire 1/4 mile on drag radials.

some REAL FACTS.

The record for ANY Porsche in the 1/4 mile is his 9.16 @ 161mph @ 800rwhp

On Palm Beach the car went 10.00 @ 162mph @ 1200rwhp spinning the entire track (160mph next pass 162mph)

Last race the car next to him was a Supra with 1500rwhp they cut a 1.40 60ft
and the car ran 8.70 @ 181mph

Bello cut a 1.48 !! 60ft but had issues on 2 on gear.

He drove from New York to the Texas mile and ran 200+mph then drove to the 1/4 mile on the way back from Texas made two 10 sec passes and drove back to New York
Old 03-03-2010, 06:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #308 (permalink)
Infidel

Cheers Juan, it's amazing he's had so few issues, i'd love to know his secrets! What type of head sealing does he use, what head studs, rods etc. Or is that all hush hush? A friend of mine here in the UK is just finishing a monster build, 700+hp GT2 Evo race engine in his 964, he's had to pay for the development of screw in cylinder liners and custom built heads to handle his 1.5bar goals, he's looking for Le Mans car reliability though, an engine that will run that power at full throttle for hours on end. So he's gone to the extreme with the engineering, you can imagine the costs, he's not turning a spanner himself which blows budgets in to the stratosphere!

So Bello's main enemy is traction! Would converting the car to 4WD be out of the question? Would the bonus of added traction be worth the extra weight?
Looking forward to seeing your results next weekend, hope you both beat your personal bests, great stuff!
Old 03-03-2010, 11:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #309 (permalink)

4wd doesnt really help when the front wheels come off the ground and they do on his car.
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 03-04-2010, 03:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #310 (permalink)

Garage
One of the most memorable times with Bello for me was the day that I walked into the shop and the engine was fully open and exposed. I will mention that he suffers from some source of disease, if something happens to the engine it doesn't matter at what time or what date is, he will immediately open the engine and will fix it.

On the last Mile event is when the cylinder head broke, NEXT morning at 7.30 am I got the call from him, "I just opened the engine and found the problem" when I ask him at what time he started working on the car he replayed that at 6.00 am simply unreal and all that work by himself too.

On that date he told me that I was going to be one of the "few" people to ever seen his engine open,
he told me and I quote

"you are always looking how I make so much power, this is your opportunity, the engine is open so feel free to look at anything you like and let me know what you find"

HA! I was static my first opportunity to see how the hell this guy makes this power! So I looked at the head, pistons, rods, you named when I was done I told him that I was not able to find anything.

His Replay; "How come?" He was standing in front of me, he smiled and say
"You are looking at the secret" it was that date that I realize that is Bello himself he is the secret, whatever numbers he plugs on the car they seem to work, he has figured out what numbers this cars like.

My car has never ever run this good, Bello plugged his numbers and the rest is history.

We are working on the traction issue and I'm sure we are going to resolve it very very soon BUT it takes a long time to sell him any idea
Old 03-04-2010, 04:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #311 (permalink)
Turbo Hooligan

Juan, I think I speak for everyone here when I say, I want a Bello motor!

All these guys do is drive too fast, work on cars, chase ******* and drink.. really no fun at all...
Old 03-04-2010, 05:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #312 (permalink)
R.I.P.

A Bello motor would be great, but you still need the know-how and dedication to get the most out of it. The statement would be more accurate as: I want Bello to tune and watch over my car like a proud parent, because thats what he does with his car.

anyone notice how he stood by his baby for most of the show. fussing over it like a mother does a child... He gets out of his car what he puts into it - intensity and Focus - You can't buy that.
Old 03-04-2010, 06:31 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #313 (permalink)

Garage
Some dreams come true...........and it looks like a some are going to come true

If you have time here's more info

Green racing fuel 'Ignite' gains proven

I like to mention that the DATE IS MAY 2010 that was 10 Freaking years ago!!

1993 Porsche 911 Carerra 2 - Porsche Turbo Engine - Turbo & High-Tech Performance Magazine

2002!!

CAN YOU SMELL WHAT THE BELLO IS COOKING?

1999!

Building The Perfect Porsche - Eddie Bello - Super Street Magazine

I'm looking for the photos of the PRO FRONT MOUNTED 1200RWHP TT car here is a Peak

Old 03-04-2010, 07:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #314 (permalink)

Garage
juicersr This are for you my friend...............

Old 03-04-2010, 08:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #315 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by juan ruiz View Post
juicersr This are for you my friend...............

Thanks amigo!!!!

Now THAT is utterly NASTY and something that could only have been conceived by outside-the-box genius!!!!

Would love to know further details...was the motor air or water-cooled? Drivetrain?

I bet this rocketsled was stolen by Bello's competitors worried about losing their sponsorship!
1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 03-04-2010, 08:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #316 (permalink)

Hey Darrin, I found a good pic of you on facebook on the track last friday night.

I'm behind you and then the Ferrari that didn't keep up with us on the straight
Old 03-04-2010, 03:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #317 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Hey Darrin, I found a good pic of you on facebook on the track last friday night.

I'm behind you and then the Ferrari that didn't keep up with us on the straight
what a great picture! the poor ferrari guy is going to go back to his dealer and ask for his money back!!
Old 03-04-2010, 04:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #318 (permalink)

Garage
I love the stance on Darrin's GPW 930 the right color.
"the 930 is THE CAR that started my PORSCHE love affair..." Magnus Walker
Old 03-04-2010, 06:19 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #319 (permalink)
R.I.P.

holy ****......! thats great thanks

just when i thought she couldn't get any hotter, this pic shows up.....

is the inside front tire lifting? i see light under there
Old 03-04-2010, 08:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #320 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: