Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper930 View Post
and here is godzilla...
well done !!!
Old 01-11-2010, 09:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)

Yes i have been on the new track during the daytime it's great!!! but there are several guys that work with that have drove it at night and like i said before you cant see the apexes or the turn ins because your headlights are pointing straight ahead. It is lit but they said not enough to keep from scaring the crap out of them lol
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 01-12-2010, 05:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken911 View Post
That track is DARK at night you pretty much have your turn in point memorized and apex memorized, because you cant actually see them when it's dark. The headlights shine only in front of you not to the side where you need to see. Just wanted every one to have fair warning.
Guess i'm gonna have to go ahead and install my Cibie flamethrowers.
1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 01-12-2010, 06:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #23 (permalink)

Garage
ok guys this is not a race. that being said you dont have to drive any faster than you feel "comfy"if we pass you 16 times so what, i have never driven the new track either, and this might be bad as i have many, many laps in race conditions on the old, but it is a hell of alot brighter than it was. sign up it will be a blast as we have an awesome after party at the track with band etc. jon is setting this thing up nice for us , and all the guys who like to DRIVE their cars as well as look at em in the climate controlled garages!!!! also you will prob never have a chance to drive neck and neck (if u want) with the likes of these cars @ 125.00 again. and without track experience/comp. license. do it it will be memorable i promise!!!!!
Old 01-12-2010, 07:01 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979 930 View Post
(THIS PIC IS DEADING FOR A QUOTE)

Godzilla vs. The yellow boys, COMING SOON!!!!!
So... what do we do to sign up?

I definitely don't want to miss this one.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #25 (permalink)
R.I.P.

i'm in fo sho!!!
Old 01-12-2010, 08:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #26 (permalink)

Blackbird Pilot

I am on the track for sure, my flame throwers should be good to light my way for the guys passing me hahahahhaha GOD I CAN't WAIT!!!!
Old 01-12-2010, 08:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #27 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel Antonett View Post
So... what do we do to sign up?

I definitely don't want to miss this one.
Miguel, this is more or less an 'arrive and drive' event, so just get down there and be prepared to hang out and have fun. I'm sure Victoria wouldn't mind soaking up some SoFl rays for a few days at the least!

Also working on a Gunnar racing tour.

As for hotels, there are several in the area, and as we are all just getting together at certain times, you are pretty much on your own to book.

BTW, t-shirts for this event will be available soon, as well as the final FG decal for your ride. For more info go to Funf Gruppen - Site Entrance

1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 01-12-2010, 09:39 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #28 (permalink)

If it's that dark out there and H4 headlights won't light up the apex maybe I'll try turning on my foglights for the first time and see if they help.. and keep a special look out for flat black Godzilla that will probably be passing me every other lap in the dark.

This is the only racetrack in the country thats surrounded with canals and swamps and they used to hire scuba divers to be on hand for every event, but they made it alot harder to drive off and flip into a canal full of alligators with the new track configuration.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #29 (permalink)

the new track is great the back straight seems to be as long as the one at sebring so it's really easy to go into the last corner at about 150. You wont catch me trying that in the dark though lol.
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 01-12-2010, 10:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #30 (permalink)

Garage
Jim, here is that pix from December... will be great to see that sweet ride out there

PM sent
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 01-12-2010, 10:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #31 (permalink)
Blackbird Pilot

Tshirts and thongs ready and up on the store website under:

Supercar TurboPALOOZA : FunfGruppen
Old 01-12-2010, 10:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #32 (permalink)

So If i buy i thong do i have to post a pic wearing it?
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 01-12-2010, 01:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #33 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken911 View Post
So If i buy i thong do i have to post a pic wearing it?
Uh, you might want to try here instead: gay.com Gay Dating, Chat, Personals, News, Local Events, and Information.
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 01-12-2010, 01:32 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #34 (permalink)
Infidel

The original pic came with this strap line

87 930, 993 turbo engine, RS Tuning 520PS/515lbf-ft, Arrow Rods, ARP hardware, Solid lifters, G50-50, RS Flywheel, 890nm Sachs clutch, RSR coil overs all round, 993 C4 calipers front, 930 fronts on the rear, Ruf Speedlines.....
Old 540 BMW, XB12S Modified, for being a total hooligan
Old 01-12-2010, 02:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #35 (permalink)

Garage
ok guys there haas been a f###k up in the dates for this event. the REAL DATES are for the following weekend 26-28. this really sux as after juice and i spoke a few mins. ago i heard gabe will not be able to attend, for this i am truly pissed. on the flip side i spoke with the main guy putting the whole supercar weekend and all track fees have been waived! i am truly sorry for the mix up but it was neither justins fault or mine. they really want as many 930s there as we can get. gabe is there any way? how about a.w.o.l ? LOL
Old 01-15-2010, 11:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #36 (permalink)
R.I.P.

DAMN, i'm still good to go but was really looking forward to seeing Gabe's car. Thats a hell of a screw up on their part. How many people have already made hotel arrangements and taken time off of work..
Old 01-15-2010, 11:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #37 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBL930 View Post
The original pic came with this strap line

I'm thinking that nose appliance is universal and should fit a 930... but then you might be mistaken for a Porsche 997 Turbo.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #38 (permalink)

Garage
Okay guys, here is the deal.

The official story (told to me by the administrative organizer of the weekend Jessica Rivotti)
The city of Palm beach told the organizers of 'Supercar Weekend' two weeks ago that they were not going to grant a permit to them due to a 'conflict' with another event that weekend. So they had to scramble last week to go with the later Feb 26-28 dates.

Theennnnn, they just lauched their new website 'Supercar Experience' The Supercar Experience this past monday with the new dates, but forgot to put the new dates on all of the stuff they emailed to me and all the other participants WTF??? So, it looks like everyone else is scrambling too.

Soooo, to try to salvage this ClusterFcuk, we have decided the show will go on.

FUNFGRUPPEN TURBOPALOOZA SUPERCAR WEEKEND IS STILL ON.... just changed to a different date.

Those of you who have already made plan for the prior, i apologize, but per above, $hit like this happens when u are part of another event.

I spoke with Gabe and he will be able to change his flights to make it for the later date. As for me, i will probably not be able to drive down due to work conflicts, but will fly in on Saturday morning.

All of you that can make the later date, it is gonna still be a helluva weekend. The guy that is organizing the event is apparently a 930 fantatic, and is pulling out all the stops for us to smooth over the screw-up. As per Frank, the track fees are waived, and we'll have passes for stuff.

Here is the (new) itinerary for the weekend

Supercar Experience Palm Beach February 26th – 28th, 2010

Friday, February 26th
Supercar Track Event and Reception
Palm Beach International Raceway 6pm-10pm
Hosted by American LeMans Series Driver Guy Cosmo.
Exhibition, Competition License and Instruction sessions available
General Admission Attendance $24

Saturday, February 27th
Supercar Showcase
Flagler Drive Waterfront 10am – 6pm
Featuring the worlds most unique and significant automobiles
Complimentary Admission for Registered Supercar Owners
General Admission Attendance $24 in advance, children under 12 free

Charity Dinner
Forte Ristorante and Wine Bar
Charity Dinner and Social Event
*By Invitation Only for Registered Supercar Owners

Sunday, February 28th
Winter Equestrian Festival
14440 Pierson Road, Wellington 1:30pm
WEF Challenge Cup Round 7
The centerpiece of Equestrian Sport Productions' facilities offering equestrian
competition and entertainment unsurpassed anywhere in the world

International Polo Club Palm
3667 120th Avenue South, Wellington 3pm
C.V. Whitney Cup
Where polo players and fans can gather together in a world-class venue
for the love of the sport and lifestyle

Hope to still c u guys there
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 01-15-2010, 12:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #39 (permalink)

ok so then we need to go to the supercar website and register individually then is that correct?
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 01-15-2010, 05:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #40 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: