Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
R.I.P.

i'll go hang out but i have no interest in putting my car on the dyno
Old 02-09-2010, 07:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #121 (permalink)
Blackbird Pilot

Oh c'omon bro - no dyno time?

Here's how my update for turbopalooza is coming - will be arriving at Zuff with rattle can in hand... hehehehe - just like the racers of IMSA back in the glory days, we're making this work on a shoestring budget, doing what has to be done and finding a way to do it in time...

One thing I do have to say is that the guys at Zuff embody the spirit that Justin and I love and have dedicated FG to - the spirit of the shirtless mechanics in the pits wearing sandles not even under a shade gettin' it done...

13 days n' counting!

Old 02-12-2010, 10:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #122 (permalink)

OK Gabe... What's going on here??? What hapened to the black car??? Is this the "white one project" that was "hanging on the wall" at Zuffs once upon a time?
What about next weekend Drendel's deal?
Old 02-13-2010, 05:51 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #123 (permalink)
Blackbird Pilot

This IS the Black car...Intercity Lines jacked up my old quarter panels and Keith said it would be better to use the K3 pieces than to try to redo the old ones...and well I couldn't disagree.

So naturally, if I redo the quarters, then she'd better have rear turbos, and if she has to have rear turbos, she needs an IC in the rear seat, and since we could now lower the rear to the correct height, 935 suspension was needed, but why not just raise the suspension points and do it the right way? Then there is the retune of the motor with MOTEC, carbon doors, no interior and a certain plaid tartan 935 lollipop and ITBs somewhere in the mix...

Wanna help me paint her this next weekend? I'll be arriving the 19th.
Old 02-13-2010, 06:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #124 (permalink)
Turbo Hooligan

Gabe, are you seriously rattle canning it? I'll be more then happy to come down there friday with my gun and some matte black paint and shoot it for you. spray it in an hour or so, and it'll be cured in a couple.

All these guys do is drive too fast, work on cars, chase ******* and drink.. really no fun at all...
Old 02-13-2010, 06:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #125 (permalink)
Blackbird Pilot

Well I was hoping to find a gun and yes, we will be impromptu shooting it that weekend if you're game to help out i'll buy the beer. Plus we can fit your car with the GT3 seats and my spare harness for the driver if you want then as well.
Old 02-13-2010, 06:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #126 (permalink)
R.I.P.

Gabe, I gotta say your more insane than I previously thought.

As for the dyno - I've got one 5 bays down from my shop and another in the next building over. But i'll sign up for "gruppen" sake if need be
Old 02-13-2010, 08:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #127 (permalink)
R.I.P.

BTW, whos shoe string are you using, Paul Bunyan?
Old 02-13-2010, 08:43 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #128 (permalink)
Turbo Hooligan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper930 View Post
Well I was hoping to find a gun and yes, we will be impromptu shooting it that weekend if you're game to help out i'll buy the beer. Plus we can fit your car with the GT3 seats and my spare harness for the driver if you want then as well.
You know I'm game, we have to get the worlds fastest bud light transport back on the road! I'll see you friday evening then. I'll bring both of my guns and respirator for whoever doesn't want to get high on paint.

All these guys do is drive too fast, work on cars, chase ******* and drink.. really no fun at all...
Old 02-13-2010, 09:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #129 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmatera View Post
Gabe, I gotta say your more insane than I previously thought.
Uhhhhh, yeah, I was kinda thinking the same!

However, I remember when you pick the car up, I remember the first directional change, I remember foaming at the mouth when the engine was posted for sale, I remember it being wedged into the beast your car was morphing into and the finished product provide much wood!

So, I've been a little quiet as of late, busy. Keep hearing little snippets of this and that.. then finally saw pics a few weeks back of the azz-end change and realized, ol' boy has got it bad!!

Hell.. "May the Force be with You!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper930 View Post
This IS the Black car...Intercity Lines jacked up my old quarter panels and Keith said it would be better to use the K3 pieces than to try to redo the old ones...and well I couldn't disagree.

So naturally, if I redo the quarters, then she'd better have rear turbos, and if she has to have rear turbos, she needs an IC in the rear seat, and since we could now lower the rear to the correct height, 935 suspension was needed, but why not just raise the suspension points and do it the right way? Then there is the retune of the motor with MOTEC, carbon doors, no interior and a certain plaid tartan 935 lollipop and ITBs somewhere in the mix...

Wanna help me paint her this next weekend? I'll be arriving the 19th.
Yadda , yadda, yadda... uh, but "while you're in there!"

Roll with it brother!

P-
RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!

Last edited by onboost; 02-13-2010 at 11:18 AM..
Old 02-13-2010, 11:11 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #130 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
8daze! Talk about tick tock - eeek. I'll man a rattle can soon as I step off the plane 8-).

Hoping for better shakedown experience for ya than June gave. Least it's in good hands... it'll happen! Thinkin happy thoughts for ya here thinkin happy thoughts.

Keith / Aaron: UCAN DOO EEET!!!

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 02-13-2010, 06:02 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #131 (permalink)
R.I.P.

ATTN: guys that want to dyno their cars...!

My buddies here in the building are having a "dyno Day" on the 28th. It's going to last into the evening hours and it's $25 for 3 pulls..... I know we were trying to put something together at another shop but atleast here we don't need a bunch of people to commit. We can all show up and those that want to hop on can, the rest can sit around and eat hotdogs and drink beer.... Cool thing is they plan on awarding the highest power for each catagory 8, 6 and 4 cylinder...... We got some heavy hitters in our group and it would be cool to make a good showing.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #132 (permalink)

Garage
Ok gents, thought i would give more or less a summary of the weekend as it is nearly upon us.

This is based on our schedule as well as sporadic info from the organizers of Supercar weekend.

Friday, Feb 26 Track nite at Palm Beach International Raceway
-Set up/ registration for the weekend will begin around 3-4pm (at main gate?), drivers/group meeting around 5-5:30 and first group on the track at 6pm.
-Drivers will be grouped by skill level, so bring your competition license if you want to run with the big boys.
-It is my understanding there will be 3 groups, Competition (with open passing, etc), intermediate (those with some DE experience) and novice (little to no track time) with no passing allowed in the lower group, and instructors for those that want them.
-Standard track attire is required by all: Longsleeve shirts, long pants, and of course approved helmet.
- Groups will run the track until 10 pm

After track activities 'To be decided'

Sat, Feb 27 - SuperCar show, Flagler drive
-'Load in' will start at 7-8am the intersection of Lakeview and Flagler Drive. those of you guys that are not making the track nite (most of u i think) will be able to register at the time of load in. As i have said before, it is important that everyone is there by 7-8 to allow time for the registration process, etc to prevent cluster fcukage.
-The official time for the show is 10am to 6pm, but based on reports from those who have attended past events, a lot of people start to roll out about 3-4pm. If u need to leave earlier, should not be a problem, just gotta dodge the crowd.

Your registration will include a 'VIP pass' that allows you to attend various social functions during the weekend on sat and sunday.

Sunday, Feb 28 Gunnar visit and Polo Club show
-9am to 2pm - Sat nite recovery
-2pm - Visit to Gunnar racing to see shop, machinery
-3pm - Meet at Wellington Equestrian Center for more show stuff, etc.

After hours activities to be decided by those still hanging out

And that's really about it. i am still supposed to recieve more detail stuff from the organizers, but it's been pretty loosy-goosy up till now, so not holding my breath.

Just plan on showing up and having a good time and all will fall into place.

Cheers and as always, stay tuned

LATE BREAKING NEWS: DEREK BELL WILL BE THE MASTER OF CEREMONIES FOR THE WEEEKEND AND WILL BE TURNING A WHEEL AT THE HELM OF A MOSLER AT TRACK DAY!!!! DEREK BELL TO DRIVE MOSLER MT900S AT SCX PB « The Supercar Experience

If you have your competetion license and wish to run with the master, now is your chance!
1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com

Last edited by juicersr; 02-18-2010 at 08:21 AM..
Old 02-18-2010, 07:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #133 (permalink)

Garage
PS - Head count for Saturday

As we have gone through online registration as a group, the organizers of the weekend had planned on giving us space to park as a group. Those of you who have planned on parking with us on Flagler, please let me know, otherwise you can just park wherever.

The guys i have with our group so far are as follows:
-Pete
-Gabe
-Frank
-Jim
-Matera
-Ken
-Juan/ Eddie?
-Chris
-turbo tales
-Lowfat?
-Myself

If you dont see you name listed and plan to be there, please post up here or email me on my sig as i need to let the organizers know the final number of those who will be in our group.

Cheers
1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 02-18-2010, 07:46 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #134 (permalink)

I talked to Jessica a few days ago and she said the sunday part out in Wellington is at the Equestrian Center and not the International Polo club.
The 2 facilities are about 3 miles from each other.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #135 (permalink)

Garage
We are in! we hope to drive up with drmatera
Old 02-18-2010, 08:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #136 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by juan ruiz View Post
We are in! we hope to drive up with drmatera
Great Juan, really looking forward to meeting you guys.
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 02-18-2010, 08:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #137 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFairman View Post
I talked to Jessica a few days ago and she said the sunday part out in Wellington is at the Equestrian Center and not the International Polo club.
The 2 facilities are about 3 miles from each other.
Thanks for the clarification Jim, just made the change

R we still on for Gunnar at 2pm Sunday?
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 02-18-2010, 08:19 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #138 (permalink)

I havn't heard anything to the contrary.
They're extremely busy right now preparing a new Courage LMPC car for the ALMS among other things so they don't want alot of distractions that could slow down the work right now, but Kevin told me we can stop by for a while on sunday afternoon.
He said they should be there.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #139 (permalink)
R.I.P.

I got a call from Jessica with Super Car. She asked for my email address but don't think it was anything of importance, maybe just for additional info.

any takers for the dyno day on saturday?
Old 02-18-2010, 08:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #140 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: