Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
South Florida Mid-Winturbopalooza

As Frank mentioned in his starter thread Turbo Palooza #4, plans for a mid-winters turbo event in Palm beach February 19-21 have finally gelled and it's on.

This event is the first official turbopalooza event put on by Funfgruppen (Funfgruppen.com), and updates for the event will be posted mainly on the funfgruppen.com website.

Furthermore, this turbopalooza will offically be a part of the Supercar weekend event in Palm Beach, and as such, we will have cameras stuck in our faces throughout the weekend by both event organizers and the media who will be curious about this bad-ass group of guys so into the 'original' supercar.

The initial (loose) itinerary of the weekend thus far is as follows.

Friday Feb 19th
3-5pm. Meet up at PBIR http://racepbir.com/road.html in the afternoon for track time which starts at dusk, and goes into the nite. If you want to know what it would be like to drive your 930 at lemans through the nite at 140+, here's your chance. The cost of the track event will be $125 which is an awesome deal.

Saturday Feb 20th
9am Turbopalooza meets SuperCar weekend.
Supercar Palm Beach
Hot cars, hot chix, great people. We will have a tent with schwag (posters, t-shirts, hats, etc) as well as an intro of the FunfGruppen 'Zork girlz'

After the event winds down in the evening, the usual Turboplaooza shenanigans will begin. For more info on this event, go to this link on the Funfgruppen

Sunday Feb 21th
SuperCar event moves to the polo grounds of palm beach for more of same.
Hot cars, more hot chix, champagne, caviar, etc.

We are working on trying to squeeze another track session into the weekend, but we'll see.

While this event will not be as heavy on the driving as prior events, it is more of a chill time to just hang out with friends, enjoy the warm SoFla sun and see and hear some amazing cars you will never see together anywhere else.

For more info and updates on the weekend, go the this link
http://www.funfgruppen.com/forums/showthread.php?p=519#post519
1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com

Last edited by juicersr; 01-07-2010 at 12:52 PM..
Old 01-07-2010, 12:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

Garage
there should at least be some interest from ALL florida 930 owners
Old 01-08-2010, 07:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

When is there going to be a northeast Turbo Palooza????Maybe spring or summer????Interested if we can put one together......
Old 01-08-2010, 10:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
R.I.P.

i'm holding off my twin turbo conversion so i know my car will be ready for the PB mini-palooza
Old 01-08-2010, 10:28 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Location: Reno NV, Bay Area during most weeks,, Kids still in NH
Send a message via AIM to 9dreizig
Damn and I'm going to be stuck on a cruise ship in Cabo that week!!!
Tell us more about the Zork girls !!!
91 Spec Miata (yeah I race a chick car)
"life"ll kill ya" Warren Zevon
Old 01-09-2010, 02:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
R.I.P.

do they require a license or something along those lines for the friday night track time? or can novices like me make a couple of 6/10ths laps.... otherwise i guess i'll be making some 1/4mile hits..... Gab, I would love to see your monster hit the 1/4 mile
Old 01-09-2010, 10:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Blackbird Pilot

Hey brother - I'm a track novice as well without license so I think we might be able to go solo (seeing as how i'm only going to be able to have 1 lollipop in place with no passenger seat). I'll get more info from Justin - we'll post up on the FG board when I find out.

And if there is a strip we'll test mine out on the 1/4 - something tells me that something wicked this way comes...
Old 01-10-2010, 12:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

how much is it going to cost?
i want to meet up at pbir but i have been on that track before and do not want to do it in the dark.
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 01-10-2010, 06:49 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Garage

You Panzer Pushin' Pussies aint so badddd..........

We re waitin' for ya ..........
Old 01-10-2010, 07:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

Garage
really how much crap can you hang off the front end of a car!
Old 01-11-2010, 05:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
R.I.P.

PBIR has a world class 1/4 mile track right there on the grounds. They run test and tune every Wed and Fri night from 6-11pm so anyone not comfortable on the road coarse can pop over there and hit the drag strip... I know I'll be making some hits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper930 View Post
Hey brother - I'm a track novice as well without license so I think we might be able to go solo (seeing as how i'm only going to be able to have 1 lollipop in place with no passenger seat). I'll get more info from Justin - we'll post up on the FG board when I find out.

And if there is a strip we'll test mine out on the 1/4 - something tells me that something wicked this way comes...
Old 01-11-2010, 08:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken911 View Post
how much is it going to cost?
$125

Still getting info on the exact nature of the track time, but it sounds like it will mostly be a 'gentleman DE' type of deal, without instructors, and slower drivers and cars expected to keep to the right and no passing in corners.

Frank, you may want to chime in here bro.
1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 01-11-2010, 08:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)
R.I.P.

I have nothing to prove on the road coarse but would love to make a couple hot laps. I'll be on my best behavior.

<---- is looking forward to this
Old 01-11-2010, 09:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

That track is DARK at night you pretty much have your turn in point memorized and apex memorized, because you cant actually see them when it's dark. The headlights shine only in front of you not to the side where you need to see. Just wanted every one to have fair warning.
88 turbo Guards red Targa slant nose, and yes I am a horsepower junkie, 3.4liter,7.5 to 1 JE pistons, Adjustable WUR, Imagine fuel head, 1 bar waste gate headers,allthe cis toys. Now apart to become the next EFI monster. fabbing my own intake, headers Individual throttle bodies, MS-3, pauter rods, Xtreme twin plugged heads, gt-2 evo cams cop's.
05 Cayenne S lapis blue
Old 01-11-2010, 02:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)
R.I.P.

KEN, have you been to it since it became PBIR? from the parking lot it looks well lit
Old 01-11-2010, 04:05 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)
Turbo Hooligan

Quote:
That track is DARK at night you pretty much have your turn in point memorized and apex memorized, because you cant actually see them when it's dark. The headlights shine only in front of you not to the side where you need to see. Just wanted every one to have fair warning.
well it has to be better then the gap roads I fly through at night.

All these guys do is drive too fast, work on cars, chase ******* and drink.. really no fun at all...
Old 01-11-2010, 05:30 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)
Turbo Hooligan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadetree930 View Post
Do you use your flames to light the way?

You know I was just waiting for another excuse to post the flame vid .
they provide the extra added light right before turn in. I can hit the apex every time!

All these guys do is drive too fast, work on cars, chase ******* and drink.. really no fun at all...
Old 01-11-2010, 07:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by copbait73 View Post

You Panzer Pushin' Pussies aint so badddd..........

We re waitin' for ya ..........
(THIS PIC IS DEADING FOR A QUOTE)

Godzilla vs. The yellow boys, COMING SOON!!!!!
Old 01-11-2010, 07:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #18 (permalink)

Quote:
PBIR has been completely redone since it was Moroso.
There are tall multilight posts like in a nightime baseball park all over the place.
Watch this in car video from a year ago during Brian Redmond's Targa 66.
it's through the windsheild of a 1966 Ford GT40 during daylight but you see the light poles all over the place.
YouTube - Ford GT40 Lapping at Palm Beach International Raceway - PBIR (Onboard)

and a pic I took l during last summer's Targa 66. Again lots of light posts in the background...
Old 01-11-2010, 08:20 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #19 (permalink)
Blackbird Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979 930 View Post
(THIS PIC IS DEADING FOR A QUOTE)

Godzilla vs. The yellow boys, COMING SOON!!!!!
And here is godzilla...
Old 01-11-2010, 09:08 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #20 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: