Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Porsche Legacy Vid

Check out this fun to watch ad:

YouTube - Racing. Not posing.

Last edited by Slantnose Steve; 01-08-2010 at 04:03 PM..
Old 01-08-2010, 04:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

That Whale Tail going through the mud puddle made me cringe just a bit

The Le Mans start which explains why Porsche keys start on the left makes it worth it!
But those 934’s :->
Old 01-08-2010, 08:24 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
oh boy, F-me, here we go again...

What a JOKE for modern Porsche to come up with this ad now.

Was it just me, or did the rest of you guys notice something weird about this ad.... anyone see any machinery from the last 10 years? Any footage from the last ten years??? Neither did i.

Racing not posing???? Who thought that $hit up??? 'Posing' is all the company has been doing for the most part for the last 10 years, racing only as much as was needed to allow a perfunctory link to racing while focusing on acting like Honda or Nissan by building cars for familes and concentrating on ponzi-like corporate takeover schemes and slick advertising, all the while allowing Audi to steamroll P1 (settling for P2) and Ferrari to slowly take over GT2. You think Piech or Ferry would have allowed that crap to happen??

What's even funnier to me, is a quote i just read in the latest issue of '911 and Porsche world' from the UK by the former 'Wunder Boy' and pantywaist of the decade, Weedy (I $hit you not, i couldn't believe it either) "I can think of nothing sillier than grown men running cars around a track" That this guy ran Porsche for over 10 years and i never once saw him at a track pretty much sums up who the 'poser' was.
1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 01-09-2010, 07:34 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)
Large Member

Garage
haHA! Sing it bruthA!

tooooo f'n funny toooooo f'n *ROIGHT*

dewd - africkinmen

say it AGAIN!

(tho heh... my fave bit btw was the dude sportin the Fedora and Trenchcoat jumping on the refuel. NOICE!!!)

anywho

dewd TOTALLY f'n agree - I mean come the fuch ON... who are they kidding? Heck I couldn't watch that bit w/o cringing the _entire_ time, all the while concocting in me feeble head what message / imagery they SHOULD have featured to accurately summize the current state of P and P owners:

insert: lameass PCA Show 'n Shiners, talking about their latest Gaymen / Boxsther / wife's Cayenne, and what cover they purchased to keep the dust off of it in their hermetically sealed garage - or - which set of full P Nomex they purchaesd to strut cock-'o-the-walk-like around their local DE.

FU!!!! Toolboxes.

heh heh 8-) Hey if the shoe fitz - sowwy.

now

Rod I loooooooved the mud bit 8-). Feck yeah! Their idea of a carwash / spokesperson, etc. cracked me the F up. But shamefully Justin's spot the F on... WTF have they done lately??? Or even remotely CLOSE to f'n 'lately'. Sigh.

oh and

WTF? WeedKing _really_ f'n said 'that'??? OMf'nG. That just ain't right. Wow - my head hurtz...

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 01-10-2010, 07:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Garage
Justin: You're right. That quote from Weedy is just frickin' unbelievable!

Paul: I agree with you. The best segment in the whole vid was where the guy with the fedora and the trenchcoat was jumpin' in on the refuel...priceless!
Old 01-10-2010, 09:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
Blackbird Pilot

Well while I can't view the video from here I can only imagine the bullfarkingschit they came up with to sell the new "legacy" cars with the retro styling.

Since when did Porsche go from one of the most successful and dedicated sports car manufacturers to worrying more about marketing and adverts? Fcuk that.

Bring back the speed shop guys and set them loose with the tech and wizbang schit they have in the special werks division. Let them run the show, give them the reigns and lets get this show back on the road, restore the image of dominance with the Porsche name once again.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
Gabe, it's basically a video showing all of the glory days of Porsche racing, with vintage footage of spyders and RSK's at the track, road grime laden drivers smiling at the winners circle, 935-01 at Vallelunga blowing flames on downshift, the 911 rally cars shooting rooster tails of mud and sand as they flew across Africa. Do you see any of this imagination inspiring stuff like this from today's Porsche Motorsports?

I used to see ads like this from Porsche when i was growning up

Paul, remember these great ads YouTube - Porsche Race to Street TV Advertisement (ok, well the last one was a little lame, but hey, it was the era)

Where is this ethos now? Where are the racing engineers who worked their way up in the ranks to eventually run the company? Where is the ground breaking technology and innovation that used to inspire us to lust after these cars, demonstrated by their prowess on the track? Hell, Penske showed the factory what the Spyder was capable of by often beating the Audi P1 cars, and nothing has come of it yet. I hate to say it, but Porsche motorsports for the past 10 years has been a mere shadow of it's former self.

Does anyone really care who wins P2 at Lemans????

Everyone makes a big deal about Weedy 'saving Porsche'... WOW buddy, thank you for doing your job, but at what cost? The soul of the company? Incredible and ironic isn't it that a guy that owed his very job to a company that was BUILT on racing would say that what he said. But it really shouldn't come as a surprise, as being just another soulless, been counting dweeb, it was obvious he had no interest in the racing or the history of Porsche other than as a marketing tool.

Lets look, shall we, at another man who 'saved' a dying German car company.

Ferry Porsche's grandson Piech did it for Audi by going back to it's performance roots, starting with the take-no-prisoners Quattro and all the way up to todays R8. He did it by demonstrating technical excellence and prowess ON THE RACE TRACK. He waits for now one, but demands innovative performance. Hell, i never thought i would see that day that i lusted after an Audi, but the R8 and 10 rock. (Any guy that green lights his design department to stuff a 12 cylinder motor in a golf as a 'styling exercise' is my kind of guy YouTube - VW Golf GTI W12-650 )Seeing Audis dominate ALMS and Lemans year after year, tells me a lot. Of course Piech's resume also include the 906 through 908's, the 917, Audi quattro, Bugatti Veyron, Modern Lamborghini's (he put lambo back on the race track for the first time ever) and Bentley as a performance car.

Piech and Penske are guys that innovate means winning and inspiring; Weedy??

Audi should have made this ad, as they have really been the ones 'Racing not posing'

Ok, rant off, enough of the past.

I am looking forward to a new era of Porsche Motorsports. Piech, a man with racing fuel in his veins and pistons and cylinders constantly on his brain is back on board... i just hope he doesnt have an health issues before he takes the company back where it needs to be.
1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com

Last edited by juicersr; 01-11-2010 at 07:41 AM..
Old 01-11-2010, 07:33 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Boost Abuser

I fully agree with you guy's on Porsche losing it's soul in racing and management. But as a former auto industry worker I know that Porsche is only giving it's newest generation of buyer's what they want. Customers demand sat nav i pod hook up and all the gidgets gadgets you could possibly stuff into a cars shell. Most new buyer's dont care about the pedigree that the car has only how good it looks out side starbucks or in management parking. Customers demanded suv's so Porsche answered back with the Cayenne , they want luxury so here's the Panarama.It's just buisness but to us die hards who love all the things that built Porsche's reputation for being a no hold's bared "drivers" car witch took special skill to master it around all comer's at the track is just a slap in the face.I understand that due to safety and epa regulations Porsche just cant offer us the kind of car our 930's are but we can keep our heads held high because we still own a piece of history in witch there will never be another one built like it. We can still take our smelly air cooled monsters and terrorize anything modern at any event or road all with a smile on our face.When all things are done it's the "real" car nut's who keep the tradition alive even after the company is gone. I agree that the newest generation of 911 is nothing like ours. I hate the way they look and feel.I love running my hands along the fenders of my car and they feel solid,rich,smooth as glass,expensive, and alive with history. It feels like something that will be around for along time. When I touch a modern 911 it feels like a new chevy impala,nothing,dead,plastic,cheap,and regular all the way down to the door handle's. I do not mean to offend anyone with a modern 911 but when you compare the build quality the older one's win in heart and soul. When Porsche steps back up to the plate and give's us something to be proud of and root for on race day I will start watching racing again but untill then on any weekend I will be terrorizing the back roads in Kentucky thinking of the time when my car's sibling's were dominating the track....Ah yes and flamage!!!
Old 01-11-2010, 08:56 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Blackbird Pilot

In my mind its the company that determines what people want - if they made a balls to the wall car at the price of a tt then people would crave it. But if the company is silent and just maintaining then the people will voice up and tell them what they want just so it has a crest on it and they can take it to the gold club.

Its all good though - FÜNF GRUPPEN is here to reclaim and reinstate Porsche's relm of dominance in both attitude and performance - soon enough people will know and recognize that an aircooled Porsche is a force to be reckoned with - and will regain the awe and dazzlement that once filled everyone who saw a turbo fly by.

Tremble in awe mere mortals at what our hands have wrought for the era of flames, the days of thunder and moments of glory are upon us. For too long we have hidden, disassembled in garages and pits across the country, listening to unsound voices discouraging 6 point harnesses, and tires of epic widths. The streets have forgotten the mythical rivers of molten rubber while good citizens have put to rest visions of our dream-inspiring terror. Yet again we will rise up in ever stronger numbers to represent the fading shadow of our heritage, taking back the podium and writing a new chapter in domination through purity of driver spirit to inspire current as well as future generations.

For the private 930 owner in search of unobtainium this is the time to enjoy ownership and flourish - this is a good time to be a die hard FÜNF GRUPPER.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:48 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)

If Porsche didn't run against their self a majority of time in Europe these days I doubt they'd have that many victories to brag about. The commercial is great when you're looking at Porsche from a historical point of view. How does it relate to the last few years - it doesn't!
Old 01-11-2010, 03:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)

Reaper930 and all above,,,,,,,,,,Hear hear, well said.

Last edited by voitureltd; 01-11-2010 at 03:50 PM..
Old 01-11-2010, 03:47 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)

I enjoyed watching and listening to the video.. watched it at least 5 times.

..guess i just don't take some things seriously
Old 01-11-2010, 03:58 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)
beancounter

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicersr View Post
just another soulless, been counting dweeb
Easy now Juice...I am a bean counter, and I may be a dweeb, but I have a soul and raced Ducatis until I fell off at over 90mph.

Bash Wiedeking all you like, but I must step in here to defend the honor of dweeby accountants everywhere...we are not all soulless
Old 01-11-2010, 06:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)

Garage
I enjoyed watching this video but I don't see any connection with the modern Porsche. I can't figure out why Porsche put this ad together. Maybe there is hope...
Old 01-11-2010, 06:45 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfairman View Post
i enjoyed watching and listening to the video.. Watched it at least 5 times.
..guess i just don't take some things seriously
+1
Old 01-11-2010, 07:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #15 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwasbury View Post
Easy now Juice...I am a bean counter, and I may be a dweeb, but I have a soul and raced Ducatis until I fell off at over 90mph.

Bash Wiedeking all you like, but I must step in here to defend the honor of dweeby accountants everywhere...we are not all soulless
Hey, i do make exceptions for bean counters that rebuild their own motors, tear up the track with abandon in a car they just made a 700mile trip in, and attend turbopaloozas!!!
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 01-12-2010, 06:24 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeD94 View Post
I enjoyed watching this video but I don't see any connection with the modern Porsche. I can't figure out why Porsche put this ad together. Maybe there is hope...
Guys, Porsche is trying to suggest that they finally get it.

We all can breath a sigh of relief that Weedy is out. Too bad he spent his time building minivans, bankrupting the company, and selling it to VW, but the company at least finally shows signs of getting it.

Yes, everything Juicer says, Reaper says, Paul says, I have been saying all along; and all of us agree.

But worse things can happen than Porsche returning to their roots.

I am just so happy that Weedy is gone, and the worst era in Porsche history by a long shot is finally over after the almost complete destruction of the marque and indeed the company itself, that I find myself enjoying this video in a hopeful way.

Now they need to prove it.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #17 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: