Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Bill I forgot to mention that you "HAVE" to make sure that the blade tips aren't knocked off the turbine wheel. You have to shine a good flash light between the vanes to allow you to look at the tips which are hidden inside the hot housing. If you have blade tip erosion all efforts are in vain. You can soak the turbine housing nuts and knock the turbine housing off. Tap the housing so that you don't bind the turbine wheel. If you do you will create more harm than good.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #21 (permalink)
Drive it like u stole it.

Garage
I will look at that tonight. I would say I put maybe 10K miles on this unit before I tore the engine down. If I can't use this unit then I will be back to my debate to go twin or a single garret again. Either way requires new headers so its kind of a toss up. I have a set of K16's (plus one spare) on the shelf as well.
77 Euro 911 3.0 Wide Body - under construction
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rennsport/collections/72157618856489537/
Old 01-15-2010, 10:21 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #22 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: