Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

If anyone on here knows detailed info on this '75 car, can you PM me please.

Many thanks.
Old 02-15-2010, 07:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #62 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptyGarage View Post
This is an super charging form so the first super charged I've seen forsale. worth a look

Porsche : 911 : eBay Motors (item 150412581980 end time Feb-15-10 11:24:14 PST)
Poor car, looks like a refugee from 'Pimp my Ride'
1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 02-15-2010, 08:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #63 (permalink)

Just a few new Craigs list cars

This 79 for $28K looks like a nice deal, for under 30K and this one has had engine rebuild and good upgrades.
1979 Porsche 930 Slantnose

something different 96 TT
1996 Porsche Twin Turbo Low Miles

Original Owner
930 PORSCHE TURBO 1989

1986 PORSCHE 911 TURBO

Porsche 930 Turbo Slant Nose Cabriolet - Best Offer or Trade

Preferred Auto Brokers - Englewood, CO - 303-475-1462 - Used Cars, Used Trucks. Quality Pre-Owned Vehicles.

For the pure hp lovers 800hp under $60K
02 Porsche 911 turbo 996 800hp

2004 Porsche Turbo

2003 Porsche 911 Carrera 996 Turbo Gray, 6 Speed, HTD Seats, SunRoof

1988 porsche 911 turbo cabriolet 40kmiles

This one always makes me laugh
Porsche Turbo Cabriolet
Old 02-17-2010, 12:06 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #64 (permalink)

Garage
1988 Porsche 911 Turbo Cabriolet , "original factory turbo model" purchased ten years ago, as a project car. Needs engine,trans,suspension,interior/seats and convertible/soft top. 20k orig.miles. Red with black interior. has 907a title."One of the last "Real" 911 models, before they became plastic luxury cars." Only serious and knowlegable inquires,please! No time to educate students! (516)521-4078.

$15K. Pass the bong dude

should call just to fcuk with this clown.
1965 Karman Ghia-Class winner 2007 Carrera Panamericana/Ducati 900ss/GhezziBrian STW
D-Zug Produkte/D-Zug.com
Old 02-17-2010, 01:54 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #65 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicersr View Post
1988 Porsche 911 Turbo Cabriolet , "original factory turbo model" purchased ten years ago, as a project car. Needs engine,trans,suspension,interior/seats and convertible/soft top. 20k orig.miles. Red with black interior. has 907a title."One of the last "Real" 911 models, before they became plastic luxury cars." Only serious and knowlegable inquires,please! No time to educate students! (516)521-4078.

$15K. Pass the bong dude

should call just to fcuk with this clown.
Tell me that's not funny! "he don't have time to educate the buyer"! That's a belly buster!
Old 02-17-2010, 02:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #66 (permalink)

This guy shoud have stuck with whatever he was conversant with before he got caught up in this situation. It will always be a bitsa car that was for some reason allowed to become a shell of what it was when it left the factory. Maybe when 930s are worth 5 times what they are today someone will take this on and hope all the legitimate ones will never be offered for sale so it will be the only chance someone will have to get a "restored"factory Serial# cab as to be represented in the auction PR. Still would be interesting to find out how it got to this point with no reference to what happened to the rest of the cadaver.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #67 (permalink)

Looks like it was Left out one night in the wrong neighborhood!
Old 02-17-2010, 05:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #68 (permalink)

This one Sold this week. 1989 Blk/Blk 85K miles and asking 36K VIN WPOJBO936KS050131 so a 930

Autowholesalers, LLC - St Louis , Missouri - Inventory Details - 1989 Porsche 911 Carrera $35,995.00
Old 02-22-2010, 12:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #69 (permalink)

EmptyGarage...

So I'm curious, what are you looking for again?

89 because of 5spd, modded car, ..

- color?

- Obviously you're willing to travel and will have the car shipped as you post from Nova Scotia and I'm thinking you won't find it there!

- Price point?

- Timeline.. i.e. when are you ready/prepared to pull the Trigger?
RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!
Old 02-23-2010, 06:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #70 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by onboost View Post
EmptyGarage...

So I'm curious, what are you looking for again?

89 because of 5spd, modded car, ..

- color?

- Obviously you're willing to travel and will have the car shipped as you post from Nova Scotia and I'm thinking you won't find it there!

- Price point?

- Timeline.. i.e. when are you ready/prepared to pull the Trigger?
Hello,

The car above your post is what I'm looking for. Unfortunately it was sold before I came across it.

I'd prefer an 89 but would purchase 86-89. Prefer black but many other colours are also great. Guards Red is not for me, not that there's anything wrong with it.

Your correct..I will not find a 930 forsale here.

Price point..... market.... for average mileage, properly maintained, no accident car. Not looking for perfect car as I want to drive and put mileage on car, so I'm not willing to pay premium for low mileage. Not looking to low ball a seller just a fair deal for both sides. By my estimation, if the car is straight forward 930 with no or slight modifications (turbo, intercooler, exhaust) then I should be in 30-35K range. If car has excessive miles then recent rebuild seems only reasonable as some has to pay for it, so it might as well be seller LOL. Car with special characteristics might be 35-40K range, significant RUF parts (not BTR), factory slant, above average maintenance or car with a lot of recent investment. Bla bla bla my two cents.

Timeline is Dec2009...Dec 2009!

Really like Turbo seats... again not a deal breaker.

All that being said a few "right" cars have slipped through my fingers.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #71 (permalink)

Empty,
The sport seats from my Canadian-edition 930 are for sale if you are interested. Dark brown leather, driver's side bolster beginning to fray a bit, but otherwise not bad.
In fact, the rear seats with gold "turbo" carpet logo, and the brown leather door panels with dark brown carpet are also available.
Local, so no shipping costs.
BTW, Canada continued to import 930's during the US "drought" from 1980 through 85. These cars had North American-style rear bumpers, front marker and signal lights, red tail lights, etc, but also the euro-style exhaust and speedometer in km's. Since most Canadian cars see only 4 or 5 months use annually, they tend to be kept fairly well and likely spend all the cold, wet months inside. The early eighties 930's are not usually grey market cars in Canada.
Good luck with your search,
Jim
Old 02-23-2010, 09:13 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #72 (permalink)

1986 930 with only 12K miles for $50k blk/blk (its in pelican "car for sale" forum)

lets see how long that takes to sell. any guess's
Old 02-23-2010, 04:59 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #73 (permalink)
Adrenaline Junkie

Garage
Nice car, but not at 50k.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #74 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptyGarage View Post
Hello,

The car above your post is what I'm looking for. Unfortunately it was sold before I came across it.

I'd prefer an 89 but would purchase 86-89. Prefer black but many other colours are also great. Guards Red is not for me, not that there's anything wrong with it.

Your correct..I will not find a 930 forsale here.

Price point..... market.... for average mileage, properly maintained, no accident car. Not looking for perfect car as I want to drive and put mileage on car, so I'm not willing to pay premium for low mileage. Not looking to low ball a seller just a fair deal for both sides. By my estimation, if the car is straight forward 930 with no or slight modifications (turbo, intercooler, exhaust) then I should be in 30-35K range. If car has excessive miles then recent rebuild seems only reasonable as some has to pay for it, so it might as well be seller LOL. Car with special characteristics might be 35-40K range, significant RUF parts (not BTR), factory slant, above average maintenance or car with a lot of recent investment. Bla bla bla my two cents.

Timeline is Dec2009...Dec 2009!

Really like Turbo seats... again not a deal breaker.

All that being said a few "right" cars have slipped through my fingers.

Ok, sounds good.. guess you've got to be a little faster huh? They're out there. Shouldn't be problem finding blk. I think they made more blk, and red cars than any of the other colors regardless of year. However, you seem to find fewer modified 89 Turbos.. most being babied garage queens that owners are asking a premium for. Why not, last of the series, only year for 5spd.
If that's your hang-up its going to be an interesting pursuit for happiness.

Good Luck with the search.
RGruppe #180
Old 02-24-2010, 07:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #75 (permalink)

It's winter here so the pursuit is not cutting into drivable time...yet. Maybe I'll regret saying this but ...it would not have learned as must about value, types of modifications etc. etc if I had bought a car the first week.

I'll probably appreciate it a bit more after all my searching also.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:10 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #76 (permalink)

My experience: if you get TOO hung-up on price, or chasing 'the deal', you can miss out on a LOT of nice cars...and end up looking and looking and looking. Sometimes it really pays to 'pony up' for a nice car. They aren't makin' 'em anymore, that's for sure....

I paid more for my '89 SN then I wanted to, but I had to ask myself...WHEN will another come along that meets all the parameters of my search?
2018 GT3.2 Miami Blue, 6 spd...
Old 02-24-2010, 03:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #77 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadetree930 View Post
I agree. Sometimes you just have to get off the pot.
you MUST get educated on the cars and the market, but I totally agree on that statement. that is pretty much how i finally bought mine after looking and pondering, looking and pondering over and over again. when a nice car comes around that you like but may not be exactly what you want but is at a decent price point...then it's time to get off the pot. if you don't jump on it, someone else will. fortunately in my case i had an extra 24 hrs to decide to get off the pot.
79 930 #632
88 911 Cab
74 TR6
88 CRX Si
Old 02-25-2010, 03:53 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #78 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Sman View Post
My experience: if you get TOO hung-up on price, or chasing 'the deal', you can miss out on a LOT of nice cars...and end up looking and looking and looking. Sometimes it really pays to 'pony up' for a nice car. They aren't makin' 'em anymore, that's for sure....
Very well said and I think the same point I was trying to make, Pull the trigger man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Sman View Post
I paid more for my '89 SN then I wanted to, but I had to ask myself...WHEN will another come along that meets all the parameters of my search?
You sure as hell won't find another like that one.. quality build on unique model. As they say, well bought!
RGruppe #180
Old 02-25-2010, 07:09 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #79 (permalink)

Not particularly hung-up on price but weeding out the bull#### from reality is something I'm hung-up on.

I was pursuing what appeared to be a good car from Georgia last week. first call I was told all about the origin of the car, how well it runs bla bla bla. Talked for 30 min. on the rims. only issue a few pinhead paint chips in valance. He never did answer questions I had.

second Call I said I had some specific question to ask. Again could not ask the questions once he started with all the work he had done to car. Although this time it did make my hair stand on end as he spoke of how this guy! and that guy! did an engine rebuild for him and installed this and that part. never mentioned a shop but just a guy!

In the end I sent him an email listing 25 questions just simple nothing too hard. I told him I'll call go through questions and make aggangements for purchase. I had already made appointment at local shop for PPI. After all, at this point I wanted the car and price is set. Keeping on focus and get back to list of questions when talk went astray. Come to find out electronics are wonky; sunroof will not open, windows stuck half open, horn etc. etc not functioning. Odometer not functioning.... had asked a couple times when motor and gearbox was worked on... always the response was 500 miles ago...come to find out that was 8 years ago and odometer has not worked for how long?..."I can't remember 5-6 years"

The list of items that had little issues just kept growing.....I guess he thought that disclosure of all these obvious issues would be best before he drove it for PPI.

Point being! Long way to say due diligence in getting the right car is the most important part of process.

I learned a valuable lessen the first car that I went to see. You need to pull the trigger when you find the car!

I traveled out to seattle to look at a car from Montana that was being sold by a Porsche service garage/tuner. When I arrived, there was already someone looking at car, it took me all of 30 seconds to know that i was not interested. I did talk to the shop owner for a bit as I was not going to pass-up the opportunity to learning something new about these cars. before I left I asked the other guy who was looking a question. I asked... what he thought of it. He said he had been there for about an hour and a half and he had gone through all the records and crawled and sniffed every crevice of the car and was still thinking on it. My second question was how long you been looking for a 930....answer was NINE YEARS. He never even flinched when he said nine years!. I almost chocked..I bet he didn't buy that one either
Old 02-25-2010, 04:35 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #80 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: