Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Large Member

Garage
...must be a Paul thang??? 8-)

I did the same with mine Paul - and it worked out fantastic. Guess sometimes things are meant to be. I've seen yours and you mine - they're near perfect.

I mean - Paul's (whitey) is a sexxxayy biatch:

Been biting my tongue this whole thread... how can one have considered so many seemingly 000's of cars and 3pages of posts... and not found one?

Not to bust balls, but sometimes I really feel alot of the experience is the thrill of the chase for some people. I know of another on this board that's been "looking" since before I got mine 2.5yrs ago. I'll never get that.

to each their own of course - whatever werks for ya

REALLY not being a toolbox (srsly)... maybe just giving a gentle, needed 'prod' 8-)

It'll happen - after you make it happen. Best wishes and looking forward to your score! Good luck...

| '01 ///M5 | '96 993 C2 cab | '05 S600 Sport - biturbo V12@Just Not Right 495rwhp / 612rwtq |
| '58 TR3A | '01 //S8 | '95 //S6 6gang | '88 ///M5 | '87 190E 2.3-16 |
Old 02-25-2010, 06:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #81 (permalink)
Turbo Hooligan

or you can be like me, ppi just said valve cover leaks and would need a valve adj. in the near future. bought the car. 2 weeks into ownership and she drops a valve. leads to a complete rebuild, leads to a complete cosmetic restoration, and is finally leading to a complete suspension rebuild and brake upgrade. I cringe at my reciepts. I have a nice single family home that is bright yellow and rolls around at speeds that send me to jail.

All these guys do is drive too fast, work on cars, chase ******* and drink.. really no fun at all...
Old 02-25-2010, 06:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #82 (permalink)

Empty PM'ed you.
79 930 #632
88 911 Cab
74 TR6
88 CRX Si
Old 02-26-2010, 04:59 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #83 (permalink)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadetree930 View Post
It's not the yellow car that sends you to jail .... its the way the yellow car is driven .....

Haha...that's a good one!

Emptygarage,
One advise I can give you is that there IS a 930 with your name on it. That's what Justin (juicersr) said to me before I found mine later after a year of searching. Funny thing is I only looked and drove one other 930 which was local (asking price $20k,'79, Guards Red, mostly stock). Passed that one since it was too stock, 100k miles, never rebuilt, dash board was cracked (not a good sign), but ran pretty strong and shifted smooth. This was my 1st ever drive in a 930 or any 911. Really enjoyed a 930 experience but wanted something more (i.e. more mods). Shortly after this I came close to really get serious in another out of state black 930 that was heavily modified but its owner changed his mind to sell! I don't blame him one bit and am glad he kept it since he needs to stay on this site. Over the year I continued check out several sites including pelican for a used 930 and came across this ad.

Powertech - Pre-Owned

I knew this is a car with my name on it and I ended up owning it after a month of asking lots of questions (which all questions were answered), PPI performed, one of the pelican member offered to check out the car and he took bunch of pics. Then I decided to pull the trigger! Offer/counter offer went on for a week before settling on the price. The rest is history. No, this car is not perfect (heck it's far from perfect but is what I expected). I've spent a lot of time working on it (checked valve clearance, replaced rear axles, revised suspension geometry for the street, etc) as much as driving. But I would do the work in one area then drive for awhile then work in another area, etc. That way the car won't be down for too long. I'm doing more work on it now but that's another story.

Last edited by MikeD930; 03-01-2010 at 09:27 AM.. Reason: Corrected grammar
Old 02-28-2010, 06:56 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #84 (permalink)
Brando

Garage
My cousin in Bountiful Utah sold his 930 last month on Ebay to a guy from Poland sight unseen! Wired the funds and bought it with help from his only slightly better english speaking brother in law. They didn't know how wonderful that car was. It was here on pelican cars for sale, It was sorted, EFI tuned, 3.4 rebuilt, 60000 miles with Ruf wheels Black and cashmier with black headliner. I wanted it or at least wanted my fellow americans to get it.
How many "Guys of Polish descent" does it take to buy a kick azz car for a great price from america? In this case, two.
Get off the ****** pot.
Old 03-01-2010, 08:04 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #85 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattrorunner View Post
My cousin in Bountiful Utah sold his 930 last month on Ebay to a guy from Poland sight unseen! Wired the funds and bought it with help from his only slightly better english speaking brother in law. They didn't know how wonderful that car was. It was here on pelican cars for sale, It was sorted, EFI tuned, 3.4 rebuilt, 60000 miles with Ruf wheels Black and cashmier with black headliner. I wanted it or at least wanted my fellow americans to get it.
How many "Guys of Polish descent" does it take to buy a kick azz car for a great price from america? In this case, two.
Get off the ****** pot.
If your Cousin wanted that car to stay in North America he should have sold it to me. He kept me on hold for over 20 days while he waited for your "..sight unseen" buyer to wire money. Now after not getting that 930, it's hard to find a comparable.

Don't get me wrong the other buyer got his offer in first ...... but my money was on the table, seller just gave other buyer a long time to come through.

Not quite sure why someone feels the need to get abusive with the *&^%$# words. If it's a thread that upsets you just don't read.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:13 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #86 (permalink)

Brando

Garage
O.......I really am sorry to hear that.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #87 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptyGarage View Post
I asked... what he thought of it. He said he had been there for about an hour and a half and he had gone through all the records and crawled and sniffed every crevice of the car and was still thinking on it. My second question was how long you been looking for a 930....answer was NINE YEARS. He never even flinched when he said nine years!. I almost chocked..I bet he didn't buy that one either
That's becuase he really doesn't know if he wants one! Sorry, but if it's not affecting my family or my financial situation, etc.. I'm not putt'n off my driving pleasure that long!

You'll probably get yours and th guy will "still be looking".
RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!
Old 03-01-2010, 02:34 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #88 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by krasuskyp View Post
...must be a Paul thang??? 8-)

I did the same with mine Paul - and it worked out fantastic. Guess sometimes things are meant to be. I've seen yours and you mine - they're near perfect.

I mean - Paul's (whitey) is a sexxxayy biatch:

I know of another on this board that's been "looking" since before I got mine 2.5yrs ago. I'll never get that.

REALLY not being a toolbox (srsly)... maybe just giving a gentle, needed 'prod' 8-)

It'll happen - after you make it happen. Best wishes and looking forward to your score! Good luck...

Dude, you may be right about the "must be a Paul thang??? 8-)."

My buy was similar.. I was in the process of selling my 77 Turbo which I was building-up as a show car...got tired and decided to sell but knew I still need boost!

Found a very modded car in the midwest via a friend. Owner and I talked, he sent me detailed pics, we talked more about what had been done to the car and any potential needs that it may have. I spoke with the shops that had maintained the car during his ownership and the previous owner. Had him take it down to another valued friends place of business for a closer once over and some drive time.. Everything worked-out well and I never saw the car until it arrived back east..

I've been enjoying it ever since, no regrets.
RGruppe #180
So many cars.. so little time!!
Old 03-01-2010, 02:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #89 (permalink)

I don't get this people unable to find the right 930. I usually find a nice one to buy when I have the extra $$$$ to spend and when I do not have the extra bucks see quite a few that I wish I had the $$$ for . Last year I got the urge ( again) and soon heard of this one being at a RM auction. Bought it sight unseen, un PPIed & unchecked out by anyone. Previously owned by the Gilmore family, ( they used to sponser AJ Foyt Indy car racing ) and kept at the Gilmore Museum in winter. It is not perfect (See photos) but a joy to drive and needing very little other than minor cosmetics so far. Undo caution may mean the nice ones are snapped up while you are trying to figure it out. I even have color, equipment and year preferences and still have found nice ones to my spec's, at random over the years. Most all 930's ( if reasonable cared for ) and not being sold by a person without Porsche knowledge and conscience, will be fun to own especially as opposed to not having one.

Last edited by voitureltd; 03-02-2010 at 08:48 AM..
Old 03-01-2010, 07:55 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #91 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmptyGarage View Post
If your Cousin wanted that car to stay in North America he should have sold it to me. He kept me on hold for over 20 days while he waited for your "..sight unseen" buyer to wire money. Now after not getting that 930, it's hard to find a comparable.

Don't get me wrong the other buyer got his offer in first ...... but my money was on the table, seller just gave other buyer a long time to come through.

Not quite sure why someone feels the need to get abusive with the *&^%$# words. If it's a thread that upsets you just don't read.
THAT CAR WAS RELISTED ON EBAY AS IT WAS UNSOLD THE FIRST TIME WHEN LISTED @ SLIGHTLY MORE ( $32 or $33K). I talked to the owner( Bryce) about buying it ( I was the high bidder @ $31K) before he listed it the second time. I would have bought it after a short conversation with him as he was a stand up guy and the work was done by a good Porsche shop. I was in process of getting a new garage finished so space was a factor, so rather than take a little less ( it was worth evry dime of what he listed it for) he decided to relist it and got his price the second time. That excellent car was up for grabs for quite some time. YOU folks looking have got to be faster on the draw. I recently gave another buyer ( a fellow pelican) that was looking for a nice one ( unbeknonst to him at the time) an extra 24 hours to make up his mind, as my new building was now finished so I would have bought it ( both seller and I agreed to this deal ) had he waited any longer.There are lots of buyers for high quality 930 that do not have time to beat the brush for dealer trade in's, auction's and individually advertised ones across the country. Some get in touch with people like me to own a great one. Just so you know.

Last edited by voitureltd; 03-02-2010 at 11:52 AM..
Old 03-02-2010, 09:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #92 (permalink)

These tools might help those of you still searching.

Vast Home
Search New and Used Cars for Sale - Trovit Cars
site mash : : combined classified and auction listings

I found my 930 in the PCA classifieds from a tiny 2 line text ad with no pictures. I spoke to the owner on the phone a few times and also contacted the shop where it had been serviced. After good info from both I scheduled a PPI and booked a plane ticket to Texas to pick up my new car. That was over two years ago and I have been daily driving the car ever since. To this day it is the only air-cooled 911 I have ever driven and the only Turbo Porsche I have ever ridden in. I quite literally bought the first one I found and couldn't be happier.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #93 (permalink)

Emptygarage, Your right, not much out there right now. I went thru the list of cars you posted,. I might be missing something but it looks like the well went dry. Keep the faith and maybe something will turn up.Otherwise come to the vintage races as there are many through out the good weather in Wisconsin @ Road America, Elkhart Lake this summer. I am near by to show cars on and off the track.

Last edited by voitureltd; 03-02-2010 at 08:19 PM..
Old 03-02-2010, 08:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #94 (permalink)
Forced Induction Junkie

Garage
Tony,
You seem to know your way around the classifieds.
What classified venue seems to get the best exposure to buyers out there? Anyone?
Werk I Zuffenhausen 3.3l/330BHP Engine with Sonderwunsch Cams, FabSpeed Headers, Kokeln IC, Twin Plugged Electromotive Crankfire, Tial Wastegate(0.8 Bar), K27 Hybrid Turbo, Ruf Twin-tip Muffler, Fikse FM-5's 8&10x17, 8:41 R&P
Old 03-05-2010, 07:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #95 (permalink)

Old 03-06-2010, 10:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #96 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WERK I View Post
Tony,
You seem to know your way around the classifieds.
What classified venue seems to get the best exposure to buyers out there? Anyone?
Dave, I have my website Voitureltd. It attracts lots of distant inquiries ( Voiture means car in many languages ) however lately I usually do not encourage overseas sales as I like to have people see, touch, smell and drive before I agree to sell ( easier to acurately represent the facts that way). When we started and named the corporation in 1978 I liked the idea of worldwide exposure. Back then ( before the bubble burst, late 80s early 90s) everyone thought they were a dealer and liked the idea of a chance to buy wholesale. With collector car auctions and venues such as Ebay, Craig's list etc, the selling ( and buying ) oppertunities are more easily available to "get lucky" than in the past. If I could ever get my son (who built this domain site) to spend some time from his obligations in Sacramento, I could list ( only great 930s) on consignment to market this way. Many of the cars on the site now I would like to keep for awhile as I have sold quite a few already.

Last edited by voitureltd; 03-07-2010 at 12:14 PM..
Old 03-07-2010, 07:35 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #97 (permalink)

March 11 Craigslist cars

1989 Porsche 911 Turbo Type 930 (55K)
911 Turbo MINT CONDITION
1979 Porsche 930 Slantnose Turbo
1979 PORSCHE 930 TURBO, DRIVES GREAT, NEW TURBO , NICE CAR !!!
1988 Porsche 930 Turbo Cab White- TruSpeed -#1865
FS: 1984 Porsche 930 911 Turbo RSR 600HP! Over $130k Invested
1976 930 Porsche
Porsche 930 TURBO 1986
How to get 25% back on your money spent
PORSCHE 930 V8 ALUMINIUM BLOCK MONSTER
1988 Porsche 911 930 Turbo For Sale
1986 Porsche 930 Turbo
1986 Porsche 911 (930) Turbo ****775-303-1447****
1979 Porsche 930 Slantnose
Porsche 930 turbo race car
1983 Porsche 930 Turbo
1985 Porsche 930
930 PORSCHE TURBO 1989
930 Slant nose Turbo Porsche
1986 Porsche 911 / 930 Turbo
http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/1621788718.htmll
PORSCHE 930 TURBO
Porsche 930 factory slantnose

Some Canadian Autotrader car....
PORSCHE 930 in DE WINTON, AB - AutoTrader
http://www.autotrader.ca/used_cars_Cars_details/ETOBICOKE_Ontario_1979_PORSCHE_930+Turbo_3845016.h tml?srcid=7185100&source=27&pgno=1&srt=10&CompanyID=ON20080116103120953&r=novascotia
http://www.autotrader.ca/used_cars_Cars_details/ETOBICOKE_Ontario_1986_PORSCHE_930+TURBO_1898077.h tml?srcid=5320089&source=27&pgno=1&srt=10&CompanyID=ON20080409114506664&r=novascotia
http://www.autotrader.ca/used_cars_Cars_details/EDMONTON_Alberta_1987_PORSCHE_930+_2831510.html?sr cid=5054230&source=27&pgno=1&srt=10&CompanyID=2004414124743706&r=novascotia
http://www.autotrader.ca/used_cars_Cars_details/ORANGEVILLE_Ontario_1985_PORSCHE_930+SLANT+NOSE+TU RBO_1878460.html?srcid=4028918&source=27&pgno=1&srt=10&CompanyID=ON20080915094205830&r=novascotia
http://www.autotrader.ca/used_cars_Cars_details/MONTR%C3%89AL_Quebec_1987_PORSCHE_930+TURBO+SLANT+ NOSE_62926.html?srcid=3243471&source=5&pgno=1&srt=10&CompanyID=&r=novascotia
Old 03-11-2010, 05:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #98 (permalink)
Blackbird Pilot

Dude - find one that speaks to you - close your eyes and envision driving it, living with it...then pull the trigger.

I bought mine on a whim and now I have a full blown Kremer K3...once you start driving it, it won't stay how you bought it for long. Life is too short, just get out there kick the tires and light the fires!
Old 03-15-2010, 02:05 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #99 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper930 View Post
Dude - find one that speaks to you - close your eyes and envision driving it, living with it...then pull the trigger.

I bought mine on a whim and now I have a full blown Kremer K3...once you start driving it, it won't stay how you bought it for long. Life is too short, just get out there kick the tires and light the fires!
Thanks for the positive feedback. That's whats it's like for me...need that connection...then GET IT!

Having loads of fun just looking, had a few owners contact me with great cars but just not what I'm looking for. Spring is always a great time as people are looking to buy-sell-make room.... just lots of activity.

Happy hunter!
Old 03-17-2010, 07:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #100 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: