Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Is this hose magical...$$$

Pelican Parts - Product Information: 930-107-397-01-OEM

Was planning on replacing the CIS hoses while the motor was out...as a "While I am in there." I might have to rethink that, though...

This hose is almost $300 for 1 foot... What am I missing? Simply a supply and demand issue? Limited run piece? Typo? I may have to guard this hose with my life, once its removed, and put it in my home safe...

Some of the vacuum hoses have a metal spiral wire running through them, I assume to prevent their collapse under vacuum. Anyone find replacements for these?

Thanks!
Old 01-21-2010, 11:14 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
sudo apt-get purge 930

I had the same sticker shock when I was going to replace mine. I cut the metal band holding the hose and replaced with standard hose and a clamp.

"Worrying about depreciation on your car and keeping mileage down is like not ****ing your girlfriend so her next boyfriend finds her more appealing"
--clutch-monkey
Old 01-21-2010, 11:17 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Any idea why its priced so high??? I am used to Porsche mark-ups , but this ones a wee bit unique...
Old 01-21-2010, 11:40 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Most local hydraulic supply shops will replace with the proper hi pressure hose and crimp for just a few bucks.

Cole
Mods: TurboKraft Custom IC, 934 Headers, GSX 61, Zork, Port Work, SC Cams, Air Mod Fuel Dist Relocated, Water Meth Injection, BL WUR, MSD 6530, Greddy EBC, Synapse Bov, Short 2nd & 3rd with 8:37 R&P, Wevo Shifter, Coupling, and Mounts, MTX-L SSI-4, Big Brakes, Rebel Coilovers, Bilstein Sports.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:52 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

To answer your question: Yes, it's magical.

Sorry, but it would be against my principles to pay three hundred bucks for a stinkin' foot of rubber hose! Get real, screw OEM in this instance. Am I wrong, but isn't that only a breather hose, after all? Get yourself a piece of heavy walled heater hose (or something similar) from your local Smucks or NAPA and let the purists slam your ride for not being concours...while you laugh all the way to the bank. Use the $300 you saved toward your next go-fast modification.

Chances are good that rubber hose technology has improved over the last 20+ years, outshining the more pricey German made.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.

Last edited by mark houghton; 01-21-2010 at 11:59 AM..
Old 01-21-2010, 11:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Garage
Your best bet is to get silicon hose from the parts store. I believe it was 7/8th inch hose. Ididnt plan ahead and used some hose from Tractor supply
Old 01-21-2010, 12:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Garage
On a side note, I did call up porsche to see if they had the hose in stock. They didn't, but said it was in the 60-70 dollar area my cost. Thats just an fyi. My car is a 76 2.7, and I believe we are talking about the breather hose from back of the case to the oil tank. I would "assume" your hose would be similar in construction and price, although part number would be different. I say that because the parts guy said the hoses are "different" from year to year, whatever that means.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:16 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: