Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
930s rule the wasteland

Send a message via AIM to h20cooled7
? delayed ignition

Some hack bypassed the delayed igntion cutoff, they also bypassed the airmeter switch for the fuel pumps (because of a melted harness).I repaired the fuelpump cutoff harness, should iI repair the delayed ignition cutoff as well. Does this circuit have to be operational to burn additional fuel?
1984 944
2001 VW golf TDI
Old 01-22-2010, 03:48 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

I don't use mine, only because the PO who installed the MSD ignition didn't take the power source from the delay relay. All that means is that the engine will not continue to run for a couple seconds after turning off the ignition switch...and thus won't consume that little bit extra fuel lurking under pressure in the lines. Not an issue, unless (I would think) your fuel injectors are weak and allow some fuel to drool down into the engine over time. I don't believe it's super-critical to anything.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 01-22-2010, 05:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Registered Driver

Garage
Mark does that mean you aren't using the boost cutoff switch as well?

I am looking to bypass my delay relay and run switched power from the front fuse box to the MSD but this would eliminate the boost cutoff switch too. Just haven't been game to do it yet but if I purchased a separate boost controller wouldn't need the stock cutoff anyway.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmsy View Post
Mark does that mean you aren't using the boost cutoff switch as well?

I am looking to bypass my delay relay and run switched power from the front fuse box to the MSD but this would eliminate the boost cutoff switch too. Just haven't been game to do it yet but if I purchased a separate boost controller wouldn't need the stock cutoff anyway.
Yes, I still use the overboost cutoff switch as well. Even with a separate boost controller that you have planned, it (or any number of things) can fail to where the wastegate isn't opening or doesn't open in time, thus the protection of the cutoff switch to shut down the fuel pumps and stop (save) the engine.

Running a dedicated power source to your MSD should have nothing to do with the cutoff switch, as that switch has nothing to do with ignition and only functions as a fuel cutoff in sinc with the yellow relay. Don't confuse this protection circuit with the ignition cutoff delay...they're two separate unrelated systems.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 01-25-2010, 05:47 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: