Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

It started off as good day, but.......

Well laid plans always go wrong.

This weekend was going to be productive, and a perfect time to tear out the original suspension and remaining A/C components. Clean and prep for my new coilover suspension and Smart ARB's. And do a little surface rust repair, or so I thought.

It seems a past battery leaked enough to go through the pan and into the built-up crossmember between the front suspension points, then rust out the bottom of the crossmember.

At least I got that pesky Mouse with my carefully planned trap!

Old 02-07-2010, 02:17 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

I hate when stuff like that happens. What's the game plan? Can you fix the damage yourself or need to farm it out? Good luck!
Old 02-07-2010, 02:29 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by A930Rocket View Post
I hate when stuff like that happens. What's the game plan? Can you fix the damage yourself or need to farm it out? Good luck!
It'll be a DIY job.

I built a wide body RSR look out of a rusty 72T about 20 years ago, and that was a job. This won't be as bad as that project, but with work getting in the way, this may take awhile.

I found a good write-up on R-list.
Old 02-07-2010, 03:07 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Finally got some garage time.

Quite a bit of rust in the left longitudinal, so I bought a new one to piece in. For pan alignment purposes I left it in for now. Once the pan is tacked in, I'll cut and splice in the new longitudinal. I'll also have to fab a little metal for the left front corner of the pan next to the bulkhead.
Old 03-28-2010, 12:52 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

Looks good! I wish I has the talent to do that kind of work. Keep us posted.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:09 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by A930Rocket View Post
Looks good! I wish I has the talent to do that kind of work. Keep us posted.
I just have the stupidity to do this work.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:26 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Wo ist die Rennstrecke?

Love to see real DIY work. Good job and good luck.
Old 03-28-2010, 06:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonE View Post
Love to see real DIY work. Good job and good luck.
This is just a minor bump in the road, compared to all the DIY work you've done on your car!
Old 03-29-2010, 12:43 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: