Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFairman View Post
Interesting stuff. Thanks for posting all these things Keith.

I wouldn't want to get caught in a heavy rainstorm with that cool air duct on the origonal air cleaner housing unless he drilled some drain holes in the bottom.
It has 2 small drainholes at the bottom.. And for heavy rain a lid to go on the top with a removable lid facing forward just above the tubing to the original airbox.

This makes it rainsafe with enough air to at least cruise in the rain..
Old 02-12-2010, 07:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #61 (permalink)

Does anyone have full bay Bell intercooler dimensions for a CIS car? I would like to order one but I am looking for some dimensions so I have a starting point.

It looks like I may need to relocate the air intake to make a full bay fit. If I do that then I will be preheating the air as discussed here.

I do like the scoop on the CIS car in the one picture. The stock intake housing tapers toward the back of the car as it goes right which looks to limit the front to back dimension of the IC.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #62 (permalink)
Wer bremst verliert

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwheeler View Post
Does anyone have full bay Bell intercooler dimensions for a CIS car? I would like to order one but I am looking for some dimensions so I have a starting point.

It looks like I may need to relocate the air intake to make a full bay fit. If I do that then I will be preheating the air as discussed here.

I do like the scoop on the CIS car in the one picture. The stock intake housing tapers toward the back of the car as it goes right which looks to limit the front to back dimension of the IC.
Mine's not a "full bay" but its 3/4 bay. The special touch is a set of double "puller fans" sucking massive air through the cooler.

Here's a 13-second snippet from a log going around the track. The blue line is KPA, it peaks around 13psi. I couldnt get it to show up on the Legend.

You can see that intake air temps as measured at the entrance to the intake manifold goes from 39C to 41C. 40C is about 104F. Ambient temps that day were 29C or 84F. 20 deg F gain on 13psi I am happy about. Mine is a 3.5" Bell core and custom tanks by them.

1978 911 3.0 Lichtbau toy "Gretchen"
1971 911 Targa S backroad toy
Old 03-17-2010, 04:31 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #63 (permalink)

Thanks for the information.
I decided to purchase a B6 965 ic on eby instead of the custom one. It was about the same price and I thought it might be faster to fit.

When I get it, I am interested in the fan idea if I can get them to fit. I assume you put the fans underneath the ic.
Old 03-18-2010, 04:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #64 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: