Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
Leaking turbo oil supply hose on an '82 930

While investigating my failed boost gauge, I noticed that the turbo oil supply hose is leaking where it goes from rubber to steel, a few inches from the threaded union.

Upon closer inspection, I noticed it has a hose clamp holding the rubber hose to the steel line. Isn't this supposed to be a swage fitting?

Where can i get a new one. I looked through the 911 oil lines on Pelican, but didn't see one. Is it OK to replace the rubber hose and use hose clamps again? ( I'd rather not)

So far, I have about 20 yards driving time on the car; off the trailer and into the garage as snow was beginning to come down. Spring is right around the corner and I have a few oil leaks that I'd like to correct before I have a real opportunity to drive the car.

The car:
Old 02-28-2010, 08:50 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

If I had to guess I would say the part number is 911-125-335-01 but I would verify that before ordering anything. I don't believe there should be any hose clamps in that area, one option would be to remove the line and have it rebuilt at a hydraulic shop.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:38 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)

Garage
Take it to you local rubber / hydraulic hose supply house and have them replace the hose and swage it on the existing hard lines.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Clamp it tight or else you have to pull the engine and whole intake system as the hardline runs from the idiot light switch near the thermostat across the shroud to the flexible line near the turbo, anchored at the intake at #1.
Bruce
Old 02-28-2010, 11:18 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat6pac View Post
Clamp it tight or else you have to pull the engine and whole intake system as the hardline runs from the idiot light switch near the thermostat across the shroud to the flexible line near the turbo, anchored at the intake at #1.
Bruce
Yep, an extreme chore to replace this line and rather expensive as well. Use a dremel grinding tool with a small cutoff disc, and you can perform surgery to remove that crimped-on leaking bit$h, then hose clamp on a rubber hose. Or, you may want to try throwing a hose clamp onto the crimped area and tightening as much as you can....might compress the fitting to stop the leak, who knows?
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 02-28-2010, 03:11 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

What about going with a aeroquip type line? Not a cheap solution but a more permanent one until you can swap it out for the factory hose.
Old 02-28-2010, 03:46 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: