Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > Porsche Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply

Garage
This is very interesting.
This seems to be a 928 factory part

Did some search and found some installation pictures on an italian site. Used Google translator, so wording might not be perfect.
-----------------------
http://www.porschemania.it/discus/messages/195/353503.html?1202316088

THIS mounting on dell'arricchitore fuel injection pump 930 turbo
- ACTS AND WORKS when the pressure exceeds the turbine or 8 bar opening injects gasoline --
This original device is fitted as standard on the Turbo S 930/66.
Not having an electronic control that automatically adjusts the fuel pressure this device prevents the higher pressure, or 8 bars become "LEAN"
avoiding breakage of the motor -
Council:
1 - to all those using the spring bar-1
affordable --
2-all in porsche kit costs about 280 € + assembly -
disadvantages:
1-mounting is not easy because it is applied behind the pump, however, does not need to lower the engine
2-important after redo the carburetion in um Porsche Center.
here are the pictures of the mounting

Last edited by totle; 03-30-2010 at 02:23 AM..
Old 03-30-2010, 02:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #41 (permalink)

totle,

Great find and pictures.

Not sure about the translation.

I think it is trying to tell us that with a pressure spike the motor can go lean.

As an accumulator it could work in both directions and keeps System Pressure and Control Pressure more stable no mater if it spikes or drops.

None of the pictures of said dampener show what looks like a vac line connection being hooked up. Again, I am told it is more of a drain but I would guess it also acts as a vent to relive pressure in the dampener.

I think I would go to the effort to fit.

Last edited by 911st; 03-30-2010 at 05:30 AM..
Old 03-30-2010, 05:22 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #42 (permalink)

I am starting to try to think through how this dampener might actually work.

This dampener is hooked to the Fuel Distribuitor blead that goes to the WUR. The WUR is a valve / regulator that maintains the goal Control Pressure.

Thus, this dampener will effect 'changes' in control pressure.

If so, it seems like it might reduce 'over-swing' of the metering arm that comes with an instant drop in control pressure that comes with triggering of boost enrichment.

It might help to reduce the fat section of the AFR curve that comes with the increased air flows of a modified motor or one running more boost.

Again, this just might delay or slow boost enrichment to some degree and reduce to some degree the need for something like an RPM clamp on the WUR enrichment connection when running lower on boost control pressures.

I am thinking I would NOT want this with a D-WUR where quick changes in CP might be desired.

This might just be the factory's method to correct a problem on there higher output motors that is just like what we have been experiencing.

Again, this should or might dampen the movement of the metering arm with changes in control pressure.

Last edited by 911st; 03-30-2010 at 06:26 AM..
Old 03-30-2010, 06:20 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #43 (permalink)

Garage
Here is the factory S intercooler and all the parts. Dated 4/90. Probably one of the last made and never used. I bought it years ago at Ruf in Pfaffenhausen. They had it on the shelf along with all the little special parts it needs including a special steel shroud. At the time they explained to me that it was basically the same as theirs. Same results would be expected. They said these are all the parts needed. All the other parts are 965 parts. I could not convince myself to use such a rare part. I always liked the way they look there. And they don't have that certain "backyard special" look that is present in so many of the aftermarket intercoolers. Lately I have been considering selling it.

Last edited by Ed Bighi; 06-19-2010 at 05:28 PM..
Old 06-19-2010, 05:21 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #44 (permalink)

Ed,

What a wonderful post and confirmation of some of my guesses.

I love what you have done to your car. (Non sunroof light weight!)

It would be such a perfect addition to what you have done so far. Just do it!!!

Just another guess but they probably stopped production of that to make the new at that time 91 C2 Turbo intercooler.

Wow, cool post.
Old 06-19-2010, 06:25 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #45 (permalink)

Garage
Thanks Keith. I'm glad you like my car. It's different for sure. And even though it's ridiculously light, I stripped it for a completely different reason. I just don't like carpet, foam, or any decor in a 911. Not even door panels. As for that intercooler, I found it while looking for an original RUF. I had to have a RUF because it's sort of a classic and, really, I'm not into the me too, must have the best intercooler of the year, club. I needed a ribbed RUF. Only it's impossible and I have heard of RUF intercoolers already fetching thousands. If that sounds strange, imagine that particular intercooler being the last piece of a full, accurate, restoration. So I'm driving around close to Pfaffenhausen one day, and I said, ****, let me go by RUF and see if they still have one. Maybe the gods are with me today. Maybe a new one, in a box, under a bunch of parts. No such luck. But, hey, they said, we found the same intercooler. Only it's the 930S. Same thing, same Langerer & Reich end tanks, and all. I never bothered to ask who came first, the chicken or the egg on that, but instead proceeded to make sure I got every little special part that came with it. And to top it off, there wasn't one kinked fin. I was stoked to get it even though it cost me well over 3k for everything.

But what I'm really stoked about is that little damper between the fuel distributor and warm up regulator. That one truly appeals to me. Whatever it does, I am sure there was a worthy reason for it being there. And if it does just a tad at the top, perfect. It's a perfectly elegant solution. I like either elegance, simplicity, lack of wires, or all of the above. And that thing has not a single wire connecte to it. So I'll get that piece this month for sure.

Last edited by Ed Bighi; 06-19-2010 at 10:06 PM..
Old 06-19-2010, 10:04 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #46 (permalink)

Cheers Mr. Bighi!
Old 06-20-2010, 08:27 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #47 (permalink)

Garage
Ed, any chance you could get a clear pic of the L&R label? Some here would like to know the part number and other particulars on it. Thanks.
Old 06-20-2010, 04:01 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #48 (permalink)

Garage
Sorry for the delay on the part number picture guys. Here it is. There 4 available in Germany right at this moment. They are 3,800 list but my friend at the dealership said my cost would be around 3500. That's around what I paid for mine.

Last edited by Ed Bighi; 06-21-2010 at 09:56 AM..
Old 06-21-2010, 09:08 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #49 (permalink)

Well done!!!
Old 06-22-2010, 07:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #50 (permalink)

Garage
bump
15 Ram Eco Diesel
Old 08-23-2011, 05:58 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #51 (permalink)

Garage
I still cannot decide what to do with that intercooler. I don't have the guts to use it and get it dirty. It still hasn't seen one psi of turbocharged air.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:41 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #52 (permalink)

Dude - it's a fricken intercooler! Slap it on your car and enjoy it, or you could take good care of it and let the next guy enjoy it when you finally decide to sell it. Kind of like dating a super hot bombshell of a model that you won't touch because she's too pretty... when she moves on to the next guy he'll have all of the fun!
Old 08-23-2011, 11:00 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #53 (permalink)

Garage
i found this thread and got it back going as i was looking at the euro fuel system and that accumulator thing on page 2, wondering if i need to put it on my car. its a nice looking intercooler
15 Ram Eco Diesel
Old 08-23-2011, 03:00 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #54 (permalink)

Garage
any idea where to get the top rubber seal for these intercoolers

15 Ram Eco Diesel
Old 08-26-2011, 09:16 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #55 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: