Pelican Parts
Parts Catalog Accessories Catalog How To Articles Tech Forums
Call Pelican Parts at 888-280-7799
Shopping Cart Cart | Project List | Order Status | Help

Go Back   Pelican Parts Forums > 1- Porsche Technical Forums > 911 / 930 Turbo & Super Charging Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Reply
Arrgh Matey!

'79 930 For Sale- 59,000 miles $20k runs and drives

Sadly I feel I may have to turn away at this time. Car looks ok- some paint work to be excellent. The interior is original.... the carpet is spotless, the headliner tight, all items appear functional. The passenger seat has cloth issues, and the rear seats were not present when I got the car....

I rebuilt the engine last winter and changed the dog teeth in the tranny, runs nice. Needs final tune and clean up. It's a 930 vin, trans , and motor, which I'm quite sure are the originals components. I need to get this out of my way- I'm obsessing and have too many other responsibilities at this time. SOMEONE GRAB IT UP! I have not driven the car more than a couple miles or less since rebuild... I just don't have the time this car deserves.

FAST SALE $20k- part trades welcome. LOCATED IN PHILADELPHIA, PA

Ready to roll this spring with your help!

Last edited by chesireIsugaree; 03-09-2010 at 07:25 AM..
Old 03-09-2010, 06:06 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #1 (permalink)

What kind of trades??

20+ year PCA member

Many Cool Porsches, Projects& Parts, Vintage BMX bikes too

http://www.bvdmotorsports.com
Active Rennlist Member.
http://members.rennlist.com/racerbvd/
See blog for my For Sale & Wanted List.
http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?automodule=blog&blogid=337&
Old 03-11-2010, 09:40 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #2 (permalink)
Arrgh Matey!

whatever it is.... I'm open to anything at all.... Magic exists in possibility

I'm a GM man, a PORSCHE MAN, and a watercraft man..... No airplanes please
Old 03-12-2010, 05:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #3 (permalink)

Location?
Old 03-12-2010, 12:33 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyDriven'88 View Post
Location?
Named after a widely recognized brand of cream cheeze, and a certain style of steak sandwich.
Mark H. 1987 930, GP White, Wevo shifter, Borla exhaust, stock everything else. The result of a massive Pelicanite good will fire recovery effort. Truely an open book, ready for the slippery slopes to modification.
Old 03-12-2010, 01:23 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesireIsugaree View Post
whatever it is.... I'm open to anything at all.... Magic exists in possibility

I'm a GM man, a PORSCHE MAN, and a watercraft man..... No airplanes please
Shoot me an e-mail at me911bvd@aol.com and I can send you my pist of goodies to choose from..

Thanks,

20+ year PCA member

Many Cool Porsches, Projects& Parts, Vintage BMX bikes too

http://www.bvdmotorsports.com
Active Rennlist Member.
http://members.rennlist.com/racerbvd/
See blog for my For Sale & Wanted List.
http://www.914club.com/bbs2/index.php?automodule=blog&blogid=337&
Old 03-12-2010, 10:57 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #6 (permalink)
OFF THE BOOST PIPE NOW...

Location?

Don't they have teams called the Eagles and Flyers as well? The Liberty Bell is located there too.

Last edited by A930Rocket; 03-13-2010 at 05:10 AM..
Old 03-13-2010, 05:07 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #7 (permalink)
Arrgh Matey!

I have sorted this car out, it needed a turbo- was smoking. Now it runs nice- wastegate is bad so I'm replacing it now, and then will put on ebay next week.

It drops two little spots of oil after each ride, about the size of a quarter. I love the car, but need to sell.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:03 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #8 (permalink)
Arrgh Matey!

come with $15k and give me a 944 turbo or a 928 and I'm cool
Old 05-05-2010, 06:57 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #9 (permalink)
R.I.P.

damn, thats a brauler. Somebody needs to scoop that baby up, come on, it beats daily driving a honda Accord and you won't be deathly afraid of parking it at the mall. I got a real soft spot for the "rough around the edges" 930's. In fact if I had room i'd be on a plane to uh, uh, location? j/k
Old 05-05-2010, 03:44 PM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #10 (permalink)
Arrgh Matey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmatera View Post
damn, thats a brauler. Somebody needs to scoop that baby up, come on, it beats daily driving a honda Accord and you won't be deathly afraid of parking it at the mall. I got a real soft spot for the "rough around the edges" 930's. In fact if I had room i'd be on a plane to uh, uh, location? j/k
stop talking like that before I change my mind
Old 05-06-2010, 05:10 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #11 (permalink)
R.I.P.

if it's money in the bank that you need, sell it. But to turn around and buy something else.............
Old 05-06-2010, 08:26 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #12 (permalink)
Arrgh Matey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmatera View Post
if it's money in the bank that you need, sell it. But to turn around and buy something else.............
OK OK.
Point VERY well taken. I will back off for a while- enjoy the wail of the motor, read more thrilling essays about the car- (when it was released way back 30 years ago) and remember that all good things take time . I want to redo the suspension, exhaust, and interior..... then we'll see what's up.
Old 05-07-2010, 05:02 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #13 (permalink)
R.I.P.

if you don't love and hate it at the same time then you are truely not obsessed.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:37 AM
  Pelican Parts Catalog | Tech Articles | Promos & Specials    Reply With Quote #14 (permalink)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: